Sign in to follow this  
TAGster

Cerachrom... what Rolex models has this new material?

TAGster

Hi mates,

I had a discussion with a friend and he was telling me he had saw a Rolex GMT with the new Cerachrom bisel, and I told him as far as I know this material was used only in the Submariner. I did some research and saw the GMT has ceramic bisel, but I do not know if this is the same as "Cerachrom" material. In fact, in the official Rolex website, the only watch that mention the use of cerachrom is the Submariner Date, so at this point I am already confused.

So, anyonoe who can explain to me the differences between "Cerachrom" and "ceramic bisel"?.

Thanks!!

GC

Cerachrome is Rolex's TM name for the Ceramic Bezel, they are one and the same.

btw: the models that currently have a ceramic bezel are Submariner, GMTIIc & DSSD

fakemaster

The Deepsea models are where they first made reference to Cerachrom. It describes the process that they use to engrave the ceramic while it is still soft. There is a difference in the appearance of the Sub and GMT inserts. The GMT numerals are more flush.

avenger007

I believe the Yacht-Master II also has the ceramic bezel......not that you'd want one. Just sayin'. :D

wat44

does the GMTiic come in pepsi?

TAGster

Great! thanks all for your responses.

So, if I got it right: Cerachrom is the process to embed the ceramic into the bizel and this material is used in the GMT II, Deepsea and Submariners models right?.

trailboss99

Nope, it's the trade marked process of engraving the numbers into the insert, the entire bezel insert is ceramic.

Yes, all three of those use ceramic.

Col.