Sign in to follow this  
WatchGuy>IT

Superocean Chrono 44mm: Foggy under the crystal

WatchGuy>IT

Hi guys.

Been loving my superocean, running perfect for a entire year wearing it everyday, BTW only one flaw:

when the weather changes ( cold===>hot and hot====>cold) under the crystal appears some type of fog(humidity?)

All the times I fix it putting the watch in the rice and all return perfect, but will be good resolving the flaw.

photo:

65C69832-5F88-4233-BDAA-3C7A945C7FA7-2669-000003059693EFE5_zpsf5b7505e.jpg

Can I do something? i have basic tools( a kit), and I have sealed the caseback gasket with grease after regulating it, btw I think that the problem is the bezel gasket.

any advice?

thanks guys

Edited by Paolo90

WatchGuy>IT

bump

Mechwarrior

i have the same problem with my fiddy

i removed back case gasket..................no more fog :giggle:

Edited by Mechwarrior

SSTEEL

Judging by the area that has fogged up, I would say that either the crown gasket is not sealing correctly, or the pushers, or indeed a combination of all three.

mostling

The pushers are of screw in type, try screwing them in maybe, and of course gaskets might need some greasing up.

Cynikal.Mindset

screw in the pushers and tighten the case back...too many times are the case back just finger tight from factory...of course grease that seal too while you're back there!

black263

My technique for removing fogging is to put the watch with the back open in the fridge overnight. Humidity in a fridge is incredibly low, and this should dry out the watch. Then, working in the fridge, put the back on. When you bring it out and it warms up, the dry air inside will expand slightly. If the watch is watertight, nothing will happen. If it isn't, the expanding air will go outwards, which doesn't suck ambient air into the case. Should then be fine. DON'T uses a freezer.

KeNnY

check if you have oring under caseback mate

WatchGuy>IT

I have already greased and sealed well the caseback oring when I regulated the movement.

The chrono pushers are always screwed down, in the photo i have opened to put the watch in the rice.

I think that the problem is the crystal or bezel gasket.

How can I remove the bezel?

Thanks guys

Cynikal.Mindset

could also be missing tube and/or crown seals...is the crystal seated flat?

WatchGuy>IT

could also be missing tube and/or crown seals...is the crystal seated flat?

the crystal is perfectly pressed in.

Should I start adventuring myself removing the bezel or not?

i have a pretty good manuality and it doesn't scary me.

and how I can check if there are the crown/pusher gaskets?

thanks a lot for the help

Cynikal.Mindset

no need to remove the bezel, will be nothing to see aside from a retainer spring and a click spring. To see if you have crown and tube seals you will need to open the case back and gently remove the stem from the movement without buggering up the keyless works. There should be a rubber o-ring inside the tube, possibly on the outside of the tube and one down in the crown.

sconehead

...Unscrew the crown, put it in a box with dry rice or those silica-gel sachets you get with electrical goods...leave it in a dry, warm place for a few days and that should get rid of any moisture...then lube the caseback gasket, crown o-ring and put a little lube around the pushers and wipe off the residue...just don't go swimming with it...;)

Cynikal.Mindset

...Unscrew the crown, put it in a box with dry rice or those silica-gel sachets you get with electrical goods...leave it in a dry, warm place for a few days and that should get rid of any moisture...then lube the caseback gasket, crown o-ring and put a little lube around the pushers and wipe off the residue...just don't go swimming with it... ;)

what good is a superocean if you can't swim with it?