Sign in to follow this  
Majorpain

Buying a Tag Calibre 36 RS - Help

Majorpain

Hi Tag Lovers..

So i recently narrowed down my search to Calibre 36. I am now confused about the one i love and one i find economical.

Here is the one i love> http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_161_192&products_id=5296

Here is the one i like > http://www.tswatchltd.com/14136-14136.html

Here is the one i find economical > http://www.tswatchltd.com/10671-tg2500-tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-36-pvd-ru-high-grade-japan-os-chronograph.html

Just want to make it clear. I have money to go with the first .. I am just not sure if its worth that extra 200 bucks.

I couldn't find any reviews for the first one i love. I have asked the seller for few more pics. But your views on this will be appreciated.

Rolexwatchman

first one... I don't like quartz that much and not much into manual winds...

They all have different movements, it's up to you what movement you want to go with.

HeavyKrush

#2 for me. Looks the best and I don't mind manual winding. Good luck.

Wriggles

1 and 3 are Calibre 36 RS, number two is a Tag Pendulum which is a completely different watch so not comparing like with like.

As your thread title is Calibre 36 RS, I wonder why the Pendulum is on there? I have a Pendulum, a very nice but BIG watch. It's 48mm. Mines steel though, don't like the PVD versions.

Note though that this doesn't exist in the wild, it's not quite a fantasy model, but the actual watch is one of Tag's concept watches and I believe only two prototypes were ever made

As between 1 and 3, the more expensive one is 7750 based which is an auto movement, the other is a quartz. 7750 will be closer to gen.....quartz, eh, won't

Perfectly fine watch, and I believe one of the better quartz in terms of quality of case, flaws etc compared to gen, depends what you're after and if happy with quartz.

Next advice before you go any further is read and read and read, particularly read the movements sticky in the new members area and the one covering how to handle a watch with a 7750 movement.

TheSav

Personally I'd go with número uno.

somebeatnik

It also comes down to what you after in a rep, something similar in design to a model you like or how accurate it is compared to the gen. Like it has been said, most people tend to shy away from quartz models instead opting for mechanical movements which are closer to the real thing.

In regards to this specific model, the main thing that is inaccurate in comparison to the gen is that it is slightly thicker and that the date wheel is recessed (which means sunken).

black263

Hi, The more expensive is closer to the Gen. Date wheel reads in the correct orientation, while the cheapie is 90 degrees out. In addition, the two numbered sub-dials on the more expensive match those of the gen, while on the cheapie they are completely different. http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/luxury-watches/grand-carrera/grand-carrera-calibre-36-rs-caliperautomatic-chronograph43-mm-black-rubber-bracelet

Majorpain

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. After lot of consideration i have ordered the first one from silix.. I have another Tag rep (cheap-140$) that i bought few years ago with the sunken dials (Very hard to read the date) and probably that was the only reason i never liked it much. Date dial on this one doesn't look much sunken (At least its readable) so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I will post pics once i receive it. :) If it didn't lived upto my expectations.. I will be selling it cheap here. ;)

Edited by Majorpain

black263

So now you have ordered a watch with money that, hopefully, you can afford to lose. It's gone. You'll never see it again. You have lost it forever. You will never get the watch you wanted. Now get back to your life and forget you ever ordered a watch. Don't bother trying to track it, as if you do you will just be disappointed. Then as always happens, there is an unexpected knock on the door and the postman hands over a parcel from China. You are ecstatic. You tear it open. It is your watch. It is beautiful. You post pictures on the forum and tell us all about it. In your excitement you get carried away and order another watch with money that, hopefully you can afford to lose...............................

And so the circle goes around. Welcome to the madhouse.

ag69

Go with your gut and get the 1st one.

Majorpain

Alright guys. Got the watch. Found few flaws, still happy with the purchase. Pics and a brief review is coming in few hours. :)

Soopah Spy
:thumbsup: We'll be looking for that review and pics.