Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Any Issues with a Breitling Avenger Skyland?

themoo-12

I know it has the same movement as seen in Daytonas but isnt the seconds at the 9 on the Breitling? Also, can the second hand run all day on these, and by second hand I do not mean the little chronograph I mean the good ol big hand :wave: thanks in advance!

Luthier

No any issues with mine, and I run chrono seconds hand (that ol big hand) all the time.

Yes, there's seconds @9, and A7750 mov't, and it's great watch.

004.jpg

AllergyDoc

Much more reliable than the Daytona. I've had two, the second one I picked up from another member. the chrono stopped working. It cost $49 to fix. You can leave the chrono second hand running on any chrono. Most watchmen say it's okay to do. Not my cup of tea, though.

themoo-12

Thanks very much Im gonna go with one of these instead of a Daytona. I hope an improved version is released on the Rolex end then I might pick one up.

GC

I'm just going to ask... Why do you feel the chrono sec hand (big ol' hand) needs to run all the time?

What exactly are you running it for? You are aware that it is part of the chrono function of the movement, which is intended for timing events. So what exactly do you feel is achieved by running it constantly?

I ask this not to single you out in any way, as Luthier also feels the need to do this, but only to understand why.

themoo-12
I'm just going to ask... Why do you feel the chrono sec hand (big ol' hand) needs to run all the time?

What exactly are you running it for? You are aware that it is part of the chrono function of the movement, which is intended for timing events. So what exactly do you feel is achieved by running it constantly?

I ask this not to single you out in any way, as Luthier also feels the need to do this, but only to understand why.

Just seems to have the "normal" look of a ticking watch I suppose. I was only asking because I was worried about the reliability of the movement (compared to Daytona). Also, I doubt I would run it all the time I just wanted to see how it would handle under stress. Oh and your review of the Skyland just made me order one from Mary! :wave: Emailed contacted and paid for in under 2 hours now that was fast!

GC
Just seems to have the "normal" look of a ticking watch I suppose. I was only asking because I was worried about the reliability of the movement (compared to Daytona). Also, I doubt I would run it all the time I just wanted to see how it would handle under stress. Oh and your review of the Skyland just made me order one from Mary! :wave: Emailed contacted and paid for in under 2 hours now that was fast!

You will luv it, I promise!

madcatlancelot

No issues with mine too, it's been running well since i bought this last July 2009. The only thing to keep in mind with the A7750's is that you can't change the date when the time is between 7 and 1 o'clock. The common practice is that you should set the time between 2 to 6 o'clock and then change the date.

Francisco has a nice tutorial here. http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3984

Here's my skyland avenger

BreitlingSkylandAvenger01.jpg

BreitlingSkylandAvenger02a.jpg

BreitlingSkylandAvenger03.jpg

BreitlingSkylandAvenger04.jpg

Oh and btw, the BCE is a good choice too.

BCEblackdial01.jpg

BCESOSFSA.jpg

Luthier

Gurcio, I'll tell you, why all my seconds hands running all the time.

I'm sick and tired to hear" Hey, dude, your watch died!" comments from the people, who have no idea about chrono function.

And running hand make watch look alive.

GC

I'm sick and tired to hear" Hey, dude, your watch died!" comments from the people, who have no idea about chrono function.

I understand Luthier, I won't tease you about it anymore... I promise.

Baldrick
" Hey, dude, your watch died!" comments from the people, who have no idea about chrono function.

You need to stop hangin' with Jay and Silent Bob :lol:

Luthier
" Hey, dude, your watch died!" comments from the people, who have no idea about chrono function.

You need to stop hangin' with Jay and Silent Bob B)

I often hangin' with people you see on blue screen quite often, and even they mostly don't know about chrono, trust me.

:D

Great.

Then I promise not to pee in your coffee anymore.

:lol:

GC

I often hangin' with people you see on blue screen quite often, and even they mostly don't know about chrono, trust me.

Great.

You are pure class my friend!

Luthier

See? you don't keep your promise, you teasing me again.

greg_r

B)

Great.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Comeback of the week. :lol:

k3rm87

Ordered an Avenger Skyland off Mary a couple weeks ago, recieved it and it's a beautifull watch! amazing quality, i'll have to take some pics of it and post :D

Pepi

Heck, you lucky anyone even looks at your watch. I've been wearing my new Mako for 3 weeks now and have not had the first comment on it :D

Maybe it's not as good looking as I thought it was ?

DSC_0407.jpg

adamo99

I have one- purchased from Andrew about 8 months ago. Beautiful watch, excellent fit and finish, but the chronos just stopped working a couple of weeks ago, then the entire watch followed suit a couple of days later. It's in getting serviced right now.

debian

Is the gen skyland avenger lumed on the numbers as well as the dots?