Sign in to follow this  
kloshar

My professor has a taste :)

kloshar

In Slovenia you can't see many good waches. With an average salary of 1000€ people can't buy themselves an expensive watch so the human mentality itself is not into that kind of luxury stuff. You can spot a Rado or Breit, but that is something ultimate. I personaly know just one person that owns a luxury watch (Panerai).

However, what I saw today, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had an oral exam of some legal subject and my professor, a 35-40 years old dude, was wearing this:

rolex-gmt-master-II-16710-ro7617.jpg

Because I'm a real watch fan, I had to make a comment about it. When he told me that I made the exam, I was confident enough to say:"Mr. Professor, your Rolex looks brilliant. I hope someday I will be able to wear such an awesome watch as yours." He smiled and said:"No worries, mate."

I felt like, I don't know ... relaxed, contented ... I left the University with a smile on my face. :)

Edited by kloshar

greg_r
:)

joskologec

He he he. Because we have so smal salary we buying replica watches.

Ps: ( 1000€ is quite good salary, most workers earn from 500-800€)

Member X

Really? And I thought I was badly paid... lol

At least your cost of living is lower!

solkryssare

cool story. love when folks just post whats on their mind. here's to you mate!

AustinTech

God I am glad I live in these US.

Baldrick
I felt like, I don't know ... relaxed, contented ... I left the University with a smile on my face

Can only imagine what you'd be like when you've just had your hole :lol:

jmd33

I wonder if he bought it from Hont :lol:

Luthier

Average ANNUAL earning of chinese villager in western provinecs is $47.

prestigewatchco

Average Annual income of RG members is $350k PA if you believe the poll they did!!!

Some even have Amex titanium cards

Brightlight
Average Annual income of RG members is $350k PA if you believe the poll they did!!!

Some even have Amex titanium cards

That must have been when Joewatch was a member :lol:

prestigewatchco

My son was in Thailand recently and couldn't get over how many new vehicles there were here far more than anywhere he had ever been % wise. He asked about income here and when I told him average worker got $200 per month he was amazed

trailboss99
Ps: ( 1000€ is quite good salary, most workers earn from 500-800€)

Average ANNUAL earning of chinese villager in western provinecs is $47.

My son was in Thailand recently and couldn't get over how many new vehicles there were here far more than anywhere he had ever been % wise. He asked about income here and when I told him average worker got $200 per month he was amazed

Oke, I'm moving, where to tho?

Meah, I think Thailand wins. Can I make money there without having a lot to start with Robert?

Seriously, I'm considering getting out of here but I won't have a lot to take with me. Starting from scratch never bothered me in the past as long as it can be done.

Col.

Baldrick

Do NOT come to Thailand expecting to make money, you can't do it legitimately and everything is now illegal, the king is about to pop his clogs, when that happens, there will be blue murder!

trailboss99

What is this 'legitimate'?

I don't understand the word.

Col.

Member X
:lol:

greg_r

Col.

:lol:

Luthier

Thailand is not about money, Thailand is about girls.

Col. reaching retirement age, so... Thailand is the way to go.

:P

Baldrick

Oh, you will, believe me, you will when your cell mates in Bang Kwang engage in a little muay thai with you, to see who gets to eat the protein today, ahhh, cockroach soup and spittle, lubbly jubbly :P

Luthier

Oh, you will, believe me, you will when your cell mates in Bang Kwang engage in a little muay thai with you, to see who gets to eat the protein today, ahhh, cockroach soup and spittle, lubbly jubbly :D

Seems you had wonderful experience, BR...

:P

kloshar
Thailand is not about money, Thailand is about girls.

Uff, I would not touch Thai girls if I was you. :)

Thailand is about muay thai.

trailboss, if you go to Thailand, learn muay thai. :D

KBH

What's kick boxing got to do with fine looking Thai women?

Luthier
Uff, I would not touch Thai girls if I was you. :)

Thailand is about muay thai.

trailboss, if you go to Thailand, learn muay thai. :D

Kloshar, I guess you never had a Thai girl. I did.

And about Muay Thai... I earned my 2nd Dan in Shotokan in Tokyo, so... these tiny thai guys won't stand even a 30 seconds.

narikaa
And about Muay Thai... I earned my 2nd Dan in Shotokan in Tokyo, so... these tiny thai guys won't stand even a 30 seconds.

Lots to learn

However experienced in playing Tag in fancy pyjamas you may be....you wont stand a 30 second chance of surviving hitting any little Thai

You see they have but two gears: Happy smiling fun loving & true homicidal

& unlike the 'civilised' West where its positively verboten to think of any 'us & them' or 'National pride' - Thais are conversely staunchly nationalistic...so much so that if an outsider should get into an altercation with a Thai (whatever the rights and wrongs of it) then every Thai (man woman and dog) joins in against them. And the ramblings of the Marquis of Queensbury never quite permeated this far East so in their spirit of fair play the better the weapons they can employ the happier they are (In fact a fight without fatalities is considered extremely trivial out here).

As a wonderfully graphic illustration of what I mean, not that many years ago on one of the USA fleets trips here a group of similarly minded sailors tried their hand at the 'noble art' in Patpong where they were very quickly severely battered and perforated with stab wounds. News spread and many more Navy types rushed to avail themselves of similar injuries...so much so that within the next hour the entire US fleet was basically disabled by 'tiny little Thai guys', but if you still feel keen to go where a battle fleet couldn't please have the good grace to let us know in advance (might not be anything on the telly worth watching).

:)

Luthier

I know the nature of Thai quite well, I lived there for some time.

And I'm not talking about street fights, in which I never was involved, but about sport competition.

Although karate is not a sport, but an Art of killing, karate-ka could fight in sporty manner, without harming the opponent too much. The difference is in speed. And here thai boxers lose.