Sign in to follow this  
jojo8989

Dusty Rubber Straps

jojo8989

I have a B&R and a PAM that i really like but the they attract dust like a mother. Is there a way to help this? Or does anyone know of any B&R (other than gen) straps that dont attrack dust? Thanks alot

greg_r

Rubber straps attract dust - including the gen ones. Better quality versions tend to be less of a problem than the cheaper straps, but they all have the problem to a degree. I have a gen Panerai rubber strap as well as a Breitling OR strap and they both collect dust to some extent.

As I said in response to your other post, gen B&R straps aren't as expensive as some other gen straps, so are worth considering. Personally, though, I'd go for one of B&R's textile straps - they're very comfortable and quite inexpensive.

Member X

It's worth noting that the gen B&R nylon straps are designed to be worn over a diving suit or something - so a 'medium' comes up far too large for normal wrists!

Order a small one (or extra small if they do it?) if you have wrists under about 7.5" I think!

jojo8989

gotcha. I think i may try to find a gen somewhere

KBH

This question came up a long time ago and if I remember correctly someone said that Armor-All worked pretty well. Anybody else remember that one?

Also there are computer and monitor cleaners that advertise that they repel dust. I don't know how they work on rubber, but I use one called Statx on my monitor and TVs that does seem to help.

jojo8989

hmm ill have to try. I just realized the rubber BR band i have on my cheapie has a seam all around on the sides that screams rep