Sign in to follow this  
digger2

My first order of a black Cheramic Submariner 116610

digger2

Hi!

Thank you for the good advices and a great forum!

My first replica watch order is now ongoing, a

Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic A3135 Best Edition with ETA-2836-2 25J from puretimewatch.

I also ordered the extra WP test because i tend to go under water.

I have sen a lot of recommendations on this site and also good reviews of their watches, they also had a very good online support and they where also answering emails quickly .

At first I was planning to buy from PT but the answer on my questions took several days.

What do you think about this watch and What obvious things is not like the GEN in this model? as I have heard there is a release of the black cheramic but not out yet, is that correct?

My next item will probably be a blue Sub, any advices on good "models"/dealers between 300-600 USD?

Wiz

You should be able to find some reviews of this watch here or on the other forums.

About the watertesting done by the dealers, we usually admit that at best they will only grease the gaskets. I would get it tested locally before taking it under water.

gB.

Hi digger. Welcome to the madness...

I also ordered this watch from Mary (Watchinternational here on this forum) and should get it next week. I will post photos once I do. You are correct that the gen ceramic black SS Submariner is not out yet. Rolex is releasing it around October later this year. Any current reps that are being sold are based on pictures and non-SS gen models like the TT and all gold versions of the new cermamic Submariner that are already out. The rep model specifically will vary depending on which Chinese factory they came from, and some can even vary from the same factory if poor quality.

I can't yet say how close to the gen it is, but one thing I noticed right away from the pictures Mary sent me is that the bracelet has mirror polished center links, which is a dead giveaway. All gen Rolex solid SS Subs have brushed bracelet links all around (old or new cermamic models), only the gold /SS TT or all gold gen Sub models have polished center links. I think these models being sold are just using the same rep bracelet from the GMT II rep models that have the mirror polished center links. This can be (somewhat) easily fixed by doing a modification and brushing the center links to get rid of it.

Enjoy the watch and please post pics after receiving!

gB.

Also, here's BK's version of this watch, which has the more updated bracelet I mentioned previously regarding brushed center links. Also appears he updated the date wheel, which must be off from the gen.

bk watches cermamic black SS sub version

fakemaster

I know people sit for hours sanding away dripping with the stench of fear. But I've seen gen owners put polished bracelets on their Subs. I've even seen one on a 70's leather wristband. I wouldn;t worry about that as a tell.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG, digger!

As Wiz says - do not trust the waterproofing service offered by puretime - it's not 100% reliable. Get the watch tested by a local watch repairer before attempting to take it under water. It may be fine, but equally it may need a little further attention.

rc42
I know people sit for hours sanding away dripping with the stench of fear. But I've seen gen owners put polished bracelets on their Subs. I've even seen one on a 70's leather wristband. I wouldn;t worry about that as a tell.

WTF .....

Sensible advice from fakey, just when I thought this place couldn't get any crazier :pacing: