Sign in to follow this  
lurifax

[Discussion] Casio A168WG-9EF

lurifax

I saw this hot piece of ass the other day and now I can't stop thinking about it. It got this 1980's druglord feeling I'm lovin' big time. The gen goes for something like $80-90, so I'm mos def gonna buy it this week.

Just wanted to start a thread about it since it looks quite odd and may cause vomit'ish syndromes. What's your thoughts?

2mm8psp.jpg

deathnote
:dogify:

Stuvetjee

got this one in plastic version. the white one. Ideal watch for workouts :)

Del
:blink:

greg_r

Do I really have to quote Douglas Adams again?

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

:lol:

Kaiser

These are all the rage with the hipsters atm

BentleySharp

Not really '80s druglord so much as '80s street hustler. I'm envisioning a matching tracksuit top and bottom, one gold curb chain necklace with maybe a mercedes hood ornament as a pendant, black and white adidas sambas, and a gigantiic boombox blaring RunDMC. so, if that's what your going for then by all means.

Gbkirsch

I had the original but it was in the 70s, not 80s. Looked pretty snazzy when I was operating dozers and loaders back then... Long gone a long time ago...

KarmaToBurn

I like it. I was considering one myself because I don't currently have any gold watches and only one digital. Plus it's a reasonable size.

I ordered a digital Casio AE1200 last spring and it never arrived (I think my mail-man stole it). At around $30 it's a cool homage to the Bond Seiko G757

827631d1348257105-new-digital-affordable-casio-ae1200-casio-ae-1200-omgn-2012-1.jpg

lurifax

Not really '80s druglord so much as '80s street hustler. I'm envisioning a matching tracksuit top and bottom, one gold curb chain necklace with maybe a mercedes hood ornament as a pendant, black and white adidas sambas, and a gigantiic boombox blaring RunDMC. so, if that's what your going for then by all means.

Haha, who doesn't love a little RunDMC though? :giggle:

Like most of you I hate digital watches, but with that being said, haha, I'm still in love with this watch. It's fugly.