Sign in to follow this  
BentleySharp

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Panerai 312...

BentleySharp

My PAM312 just arrived today. (I'll do a seperate review on Joshua's excellent customer service and my transaction with Perfectclones). It is everything i hoped it would be and more. I thought i would do a quick photoshoot of the Iconic Italian Pam312 with another Italian icon. Alfa Romeo. The world of precision chronometers and sportscars have walked hand in hand for a century. Unfortunately the PAM312 has little to do with the racing world but what the hell, right? What we have here is a Panerai 3 days automatic 1950 model 312 with an asian 7750 movement running at 28,800 bph designed astheticaly to look like the p9000 calbre veiwed through a saphire crystal back panel. The dial is sandwiched over a super-luminescent disc upon which is a datewheel at 3 and a running seconds sub-dial at 9. Stainless Steel case supported by a leather faux-alligator print strap with a brushed steel buckle bearing the Panerai name. The background for the shot is a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV-6 Inzione in Le Mans Blue holding a 2.0 Liter dual overhead cam inline 4 cylinder engine, modified from the original fuel injection to accept a dual carberated Webber linkage. The suspension has been lowered and replaced with Koni shocks on 14 inch polished aluminum rims bearing the alfa romeo house logo over the bearings. Interior is black leather with real wood panel dashboard, woodgrain steering wheel, and matching wooden shift knob to the manual transmission. So, without further ado...

PAM312-01_zpsddbdc6b8.jpgPAM312-02_zps7c1d91a1.jpgPAM312-03_zps8fb31c70.jpgPAM312-04_zpse750310f.jpgPAM312-05_zpsc60fba9e.jpgPAM312-08_zps36851e87.jpgPAM312-07_zps47dc40f9.jpgPAM312-06_zpsb4e06573.jpg

Here is a link to my review for perfectclones for this delivery:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=63689

So there it is. Two Italian icons of mechanical ingenuity and sensuality.

Enjoy.

Mechwarrior

As usual........................(we) Italians do it better ^_^

elp

+1

elp

Weird - post submitted as I was typing and I can't seem to edit the post on the iPad..

I meant to say, +1 :lol:

The 312 looks great BS, wear it well.

ALE7575

Congrats for the watch!

You have well gotten on pics the soft colours on dial (pics 2-3 and last)

NICE

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

BentleySharp

Thanks! oooo. i like that pic youve got for your signature of the PAM. it looks like one of those photos from the space shuttle where you can see the curvature of the earth, except here the earth in a Panerai and the crystal is like the atmosphere. -did that make sense i did i just sound like a wingnut?

Congrats for the watch!

You have well gotten on pics the soft colours on dial (pics 2-3 and last)

NICE

ALE

ALE7575

Thanks! oooo. i like that pic youve got for your signature of the PAM. it looks like one of those photos from the space shuttle where you can see the curvature of the earth, except here the earth in a Panerai and the crystal is like the atmosphere. -did that make sense i did i just sound like a wingnut?

It is a well known pic of PAM 372 but very Photoshoped to get the colours and appearance that you say.

All that to match the pic of my avatar of "Horse Head Nebula" in Orion.

Thanks for the compliments

ALE

boneyjr

Very nice

ATEspo

Such a stunner! The 312 is my favorite Panerai, wear it well!

_DC_

Hate the PAM, but LOVE the vintage Alfa!!!!

DC

kime

Beautiful watch... nice Alfa too :-)

TheTinMan

Technically, what we have here is one mostly Italian sports car and a Chinese watch. I'm not putting it down (in fact I'm envious). Enjoy them both.

BentleySharp

Technically, what we have here is one mostly Italian sports car and a Chinese watch. I'm not putting it down (in fact I'm envious). Enjoy them both.

Aside from the couple of things i mentioned (ie: carboratours, shocks, etc..) the alfa has been restored to factory conditions, And with the exception of everything except the word swiss in "L swiss made L" The Panerai is a %100 swiss made Italian watch :)

IgnitionDream

Congrats on your purchase. This PAM is next on my list.

Recently purchased the PAM 386M from Josh and the quality is amazing, also has the modified A7750 to look like the P9000. Wear it well my friend!!!

nosferaturussia

Nice watch and pics :thumbsup:

acetone

lovely watch... any issues with the rotor falling off ?.

Nisv

Classic :thumbsup2:

This would be the Pam I'd start with on the road to the dark side of Pam's ;)

Howeazie

Thank you for the posting. I have been considering a 312 for myself and you have taken me one step closer.

mysterio

lovely watch... any issues with the rotor falling off ?.

Issues with the rotor falling off were observed with the first batch of the PAM312 with the new P9000 decorated movement, which were quickly remedied. If that's coming from Josh, then it's most likely one of the latter batches. :)

Thank you for the posting. I have been considering a 312 for myself and you have taken me one step closer.

Don't take too many steps now. Just order one. ;)

acid_luving

Another alfa fan.

dumaz

Absolutely fabulous Italian creations!

AR & PAM are perfect combination! Enjoy!

p.s. '312 is on my list!

BentleySharp

Absolutely fabulous Italian creations!

AR & PAM are perfect combination! Enjoy!

p.s. '312 is on my list!

You can't go wrong with either one :D

Cheers!

JoePeace

Nice pics mate wear it in good health Mine says hello!just received it this week will do a review later.

20150705_111605_zpsrnfglube.jpg

Overtaard

All these PAM posts are getting me even more excited for mine. Great pieces everyone! :lol: