Sign in to follow this  
SubmarinerSeaDweller

How to create stretch in an oyster bracelet?

SubmarinerSeaDweller

Hey everyone, on my quest to create the perfect 1680, I bought a rivet oyster bracelet. I know the 1680 never came on a rivet bracelet, but I personally think it makes it look better and more vintage, at least until I get my hands on a folded oyster. I've polished it and very lightly brushed it to give it a look as if it has been refinished through the years, I've also generally beat it up to give scratches and dings. I soaked it in oil so the links move freely and smoothly, and I've bent the endlinks to make it have a more square fit much like a gen rivet. The only thing I'm missing is stretch. Most people try to avoid stretch, but I think it looks great and gives the band a lot of character, as if it has been used and worn daily for years. Does anyone know how to create stretch in the band (without wearing it daily for years)? I've tried Googling it but all I could get is how to avoid stretch, so any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SSTEEL

First time I have heard of anyone wanting stretch. You would have to achieve what those who have a stretched bracelet, i.e., enlarge then holes for each of the pins in the bracelet, not an easy task. You could try physically bending each pin to simulate the same, but would advise against this.

Cynikal.Mindset

If it has hollow mid links you would just easily stretch the bracelet by force or unfold the midlink and fold back not as tight