Sign in to follow this  
E-man82

Bulova Precisionist Chrono Wilton

E-man82

Looking to purchase the Bulova Wilton in the next couple of weeks.

For under $550 you get a beautiful 46mm Gen watch with a sweeping second hand I cant say I have see a watch like this in the that price range?

What do you think?

BUL-96B182_zps95ace4f2.jpg

Brand Bulova Style 96B182 Series Wilton Style Chronograph Gender Men's Strap Width 22mm Case Stainless steel Dial Color Silver Hands Rose gold tone Markers Rose gold tone Arabic numerals Clasp Type Buckle Weight 98g Case Shape Round Strap Color Black Strap Material Black genuine leather with reptile print Movement Japanese chronograph quartz Crystal Mineral Case Diameter 46 mm Case Thickness 15 mm Water Resistant 5 ATM/50 meters/165 feet Calendar Date display between 4:00 and 5:00 Subdials Precision timing to 1/1,000th of a second, 60 minute, 1/10 second and 12 hour Strap Length Up to 9.25 inches Case Back Snap-down Crown Screw-down Material Genuine leather

Kcore

I really like your model, the 96B182 and IMO, "Precisionist" models are excellent!!! Considering they still utilize a quartz movement, a smooth second hand harkens me back to the old Accutrons and a few other much older electric movements. The Precisionist movts are suposed to vibrate at a rate 8X greater than any other quartz on the current market.

I would check pricing online as I've seen a number of retailers offering this beauty for a lot less than $550 USD.

Good luck, it's a beaut!

E-man82

thanks for the input the best price I have seen is ewatches.com for $450. just wish the two-tone dial in gold/silver version came with the stainless steel band, as according to Bulova only the black and white dial does.

Kcore

thanks for the input the best price I have seen is ewatches.com for $450. just wish the two-tone dial in gold/silver version came with the stainless steel band, as according to Bulova only the black and white dial does.

2 sellers through NewEgg, $329 & 377

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03914M3368&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Watches-_-9SIA03914M3368

On the Bay, $329

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190893102648?lpid=82

E-man82

thanks that's a huge difference

Guitarman

Looked at some of these movements today, the second hand is 36,0000 bph I think, absolutely mesmerising. You won't get any work done!

Mike on a bike

Funny almost picked that up last night ,here 100 bucks cheaper! http://www.worldofwa...iance_id=157727

Mike on a bike

That is a damn good price, must resist!

E-man82

damn with free shipping, its killing me as I was going to wait a few more weeks, will have to hide it from the wife, lol

E-man82

just saw the specs on bulova.com

Wilton Chronograph collection

Most quartz watches are accurate to 15 seconds a month – Bulova Precisionist is accurate to 10 seconds a year. The key is Precisionist’s unique three-prong crystal, which produces a vibration frequency of 262.144 kilohertz (kHz), eight times greater than the usual two-prong crystal and the highest of any watch available today.

• Chronograph
  • Date
  • Precision timing to 1/1,000th of a second
  • Twelve-hour chronograph function
  • Signature continuously sweeping second hand
  • Accurate to 10 seconds a year, versus traditional quartz watches which are accurate to 15 seconds a month

Edited by E-man82

E-man82

I just coud not resist the temptation..

I am just to weak when it comes to timepieces..

There is just no hope in me resisting...

E-man82

DONE!!!

already paid for, tracking number coming soon.

damn, impulses

E-man82

just got my UPS tracking number, sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Mike on a bike

Post when you get it want to know what you think of it on.

James.

The dial is too busy for my liking.

E-man82

talk about quick shipping, I received it this morning, the sweeping second hand is flawless.

Bulova_Precisionist_Wilton_01_zps0aa607c6.jpg

Edited by E-man82

Kcore

Hearty CONGRATS E-Man!!! Looks stunning - Enjoy and wear in health.

KarmaToBurn

Congrats and smoooooth :)

E-man82

thanks, also ordered a brown crocodile strap, as I think it would look better against the rose gold hour markers.

cogwatch

Smooooooth is right. I have 2 Precisionists. A Champlain (96B131) and a Claremont (96B129). The Claremont in particular pictures don't come close to doing it justice. You have to see it in person. The dial has different levels, with the numbers on their own individual pads that stand higher than the dial and reflect light differently as the angle of the watch changes. The Champlain is just one bold mother of a watch. And the sweeping second hand on both is just a pleasure to look at.

Champlain:

96B131_zps19d99a5b.png

Claremont:

96B129_zps41753b16.gif

Enjoy your new toy and don't get hypnotized by that second hand :lol:

E-man82

I tried on the Champlain and it makes a statement, cant say that I have seen the Claremont before, nice find.

popspacket

On the Champlain, are the inner accents (by logo and date) blue or black?

Flipper81

I have the precisionist Champlain in black it certainly is unique, hardly anyone knows about these watches compared to other brands and the sweep on them is insane.