Gelg

Panerai Spring Bar Holder Button stuck

Gelg

Hey Guys,

Something horrible happened. The button that you press to release springbars on my Panerai got stuck. The springbar holder is in release position all the time. Now the springbar is threatening to run away, releasing the strap, and potentially causing me to lose my watch, if that happens on the highway. Any suggestions how to fix it.

trailboss99

These stupid things break on the gen as well.

Replace the bars with faux screw bars is the easiest fix if you can't juggle the button back out. Be warned the button can go flying out of the lug as well.

Gelg

Thanks trailboss! Ill try to get it out...

Gelg

Managed to get it out. Pushed the button on the lug at different angles, popped it out a little. Then took a screwdriver, inserted it into the lug, rotated it, and the hook came out all the way. Hopefully it will not get stuck again. I will be extremely careful pushing those lug buttons in the future...

Mechwarrior

is not better use "normal" spring bar?

Hazz

Managed to get it out. Pushed the button on the lug at different angles, popped it out a little. Then took a screwdriver, inserted it into the lug, rotated it, and the hook came out all the way. Hopefully it will not get stuck again. I will be extremely careful pushing those lug buttons in the future...

Good man ,,,,well done :)

xj4sonx

irony, this happened to me today on my 312 I had already replace the screws on my 026 with the spring bars that look like screws so I ran to the ebay and order another set, until they arrive I am just using a regular fatty spring bar...

Gelg

I don't think Panerai's come outfitted to be able to accept normal spring bars. It is much more convenient to switch out straps. You are more prone to scratch up the watch if you switch out the straps often with regular spring bars.

irony, this happened to me today on my 312 I had already replace the screws on my 026 with the spring bars that look like screws so I ran to the ebay and order another set, until they arrive I am just using a regular fatty spring bar...

How do you outfit a panerai to accept springbars?

Mechwarrior

I don't think Panerai's come outfitted to be able to accept normal spring bars. It is much more convenient to switch out straps. You are more prone to scratch up the watch if you switch out the straps often with regular spring bars.

How do you outfit a panerai to accept springbars?

i mean this........ http://www.panatime.com/22respbareyo.html

and keep only one strap ^_^

Gelg

i mean this........ http://www.panatime....respbareyo.html

and keep only one strap ^_^

I see, I like switching between tan and black strap. Thanks for the info though.

Mechwarrior

maybe spring are good for change straps if you use a little piece of wood for push. no damage on steel