makdeniss

Is this an easy fix for the watchman?

makdeniss

Can anybody tell? Thanks in advance.

IMG_0647.jpg

LightGeek

Yes.

makdeniss

So far 3 watchmen told me they can't do it.

SSTEEL

To extract the broken part of the stem that is still in the movement, its just a case of opening up the keyless to a watchmaker, or experienced watch guy.

Hazz

as above, simples if you know how.

Wiz

The major problem will be to find a new stem, depending on what movement is in there. And if it's a 21j, I can understand people are not thirleed to take it appart to remove the piece of stem that's still in it.

makdeniss

Yep. So far another 3 guys told me they won't do it :(

Wiz

If the movement is a 21j, and not some kind of open balance A7750, your best option is probably to get a new movement, as getting a spare stem will probably be impossible anyway.

fatarms

21J movements are pretty cheap, too. It's possible, believe it or not, that you may spend more in labor and parts to replace the stem rather than just replacing the movement.

SSTEEL

Agree with Wiz about the 21J.

Mechwarrior

21j stem are selled by cousinsuk. 3 for blisters

Hazz

can you take off case back, let us determine the movement, as others said , if 21j a cheap movement swap.

Mechwarrior

For change movement need more tools. Change stem need a lot less.

Wiz

21j stem are selled by cousinsuk. 3 for blisters

What exactly do you call 21j? Stems for a DG2813 will not necessarly fit this movement. For now we have no idea what caliber it is, which makes the search for spare parts impossible.

Wiz

I'll have to disagree here, considering how it's broken, you'll need to dismount the movement to take out the bit that it still in. It's much easier to replace the entire movement, and it requiers the same tools.

makdeniss

I'll have to disagree here, considering how it's broken, you'll need to dismount the movement to take out the bit that it still in. It's much easier to replace the entire movement, and it requiers the same tools.

You are correct. It is easier to replace the movement. I bought this watch in Turkey for about 80 bucks and it didn't last long.

SSTEEL

You are correct. It is easier to replace the movement. I bought this watch in Turkey for about 80 bucks and it didn't last long.

This is exactly why I usually ask where a member got their rep from. It can save us all time. Pun intended :lol:

Hazz

If we had a shot with the movement holder out, we could see it any of the remaining stem protrudes from the movement, but looking at the length of with what we see, I doubt it.

J.S.

Yep. So far another 3 guys told me they won't do it :(

There is 2 options, 1. if they saw it and saw replica watch and don't want to deal with it or 2. they thought it to be a real deal.

Mechwarrior

imho you can open back and try to remove the piece inside using a screwdriver for the pusher and force of gravity.

IF it come out (mine come out) you can see IF is the same as dg 2813 (maybe yes maybe not)

till now is cost 0

Edited by Mechwarrior

Wiz

there has hundreds of different stems, the chance it's the same on a dg2813 and on this movement is .... well, one in hundreds.

without knowing the reference of the movement it's impossible to look for parts, and since the watch was bought off the street, identification might be tricky, as canal strret grade rep makers sometime use pretty exotic movements.

Mechwarrior

so will not be easy to find a new movement too..............

my try cost 0