Sign in to follow this  
yawn

The quest to the Super franken Blancpain FF 'No radiation' model

yawn

I personally resent having too many watches look identical, to me; it is a waste of resources.

Thus I was trying to put off the idea of owning a Blancpain FF for very long time since I already have a BK franken 16610.

But I eventually decided to pull the trigger, since I can put the watch on NATO and the one with No radiation logo seem pretty cool/different to sub.

After bit of research, I found Phong from JAW and DSN sell this model only, DSN model seem unacceptable due to its size is wrong and it looks nothing like a vintage watch (especially the lume!)

So I placed the order from Phong for his FF with gen A.S1700 movement.

FF_zpseeb631d9.jpg

But this model has several flaws, firstly the dial is pretty much all wrong, there Blancpain and Fifty Fathom should be raised, and the T<25mm is missing at the bottom; secondly the hand sets are all wrong (where the DSN model appears to have the correct hand set, but they are not vintagised); thirdly the insert is wrong, and it looks very cheap as the insert is made from a thin layer of plastic, there is no slightly domed shape, just a flat plastic ring.

To make the perfect FF, I started to research where I can source the correct insert and hands as I wasn't hoping to find gen dial. Big Dazza hooked me up with his vintagised insert with correct '3' mark

null_zpsa5f7c468.jpg

Here is the result,

null_zps7b1cd4d8.jpg

After the correct insert, I start to find the correct vintagised hand, once again, Big Dazza delivered:

null_zpsae334638.jpg

By then, I'm very satisfied with the build, but then I discovered there is a chance for me to get a hold on gen dial by reading every single post about vintage FF and related sales. And check what I found:

image_zpsf5c8642d.jpeg

But quality comes with price, I picked the one on the right with better quality; I don't want to discuss how much I throw into this dial since it gave me the heart attack, just say it worth more than 4 top quality reps. Now the deal is sealed and I'm waiting for the dial to be delivered. I will upload the finalised product once I have it assembled.

To complete my vintage watch trio, I just need a gen dial for the Tudor 7159... The thick dial number start to bug me.

null_zps7f218835.jpg

Edit: Gen dial arrived

null_zps482c9322.jpg

null_zpsd43efb4c.jpg

And the result:null_zps73397793.jpg

Edit 2:

I used the coffee method to vintagise my hands colour to match with the gen dial, although the shape of hands are still different from gen, but i will settle for now.

DSC03063_zps54ac744b.jpg

Edited by yawn

TheInthusiest

Someone needs help with formatting? :giggle:

Looking good by the way!

yawn

Looking good by the way!

fixed ;)

TheInthusiest

Looking good by the way!

fixed ;)

My god that thing is a thing of beauty!

I especially like the trio in the box. They all sort of, coexist with each other. :)

Brilliant stuff again!

Eric13

Something different from Pam,Rolex and Omega as they occupy 90% of all pics on the forum. Good taste mate!

yawn

Looking good by the way!

fixed ;)

My god that thing is a thing of beauty!

I especially like the trio in the box. They all sort of, coexist with each other. :)

Brilliant stuff again!

Thank you, that was the idea :thumbsup: to make them different yet complement to each other.

twofake

Very nice. How big is the diameter? It looks large in the wrist shot.

yawn

Very nice. How big is the diameter? It looks large in the wrist shot.

blame to my skinny ass wrist (160mm)

the diameter of the watch is 41mm