Sign in to follow this  
Del

Hello from Scotland

Del

Hello everyone,

Just joined last night after doing some research on "ukreplicawatches.com" and finding your forum - thank goodness I did before throwing my money away :D.

I quite fancy a Rolex Daytona and am looking on the House of Souvenirs website at the moment ;).

Cheers,

Del

KBH

Welcome Del. Stay far away from that site. I've seen discussions about it several times and they were all not good.

The Daytona is an interesting watch, one of the all time favorites. But, you really have to do your research on that one or you'll end up with an expensive paper weight. The 3 choices are basically a quartz movement which is all wrong since it "tics" once a second. Second is the other cheap model, the 21j movement in which the chronometer functions are fake and don't work. The only real good one is the A7750 chrono movement which uses a series of extra gears to move the second hand function to the 6 o'clock position. Many of the older models quick working soon after purchase while a few people got lucky and they worked for years. The factories have just come out with a new 29 jewel movement, which is apparently much better but still occasionally troublesome. My advice on this watch is to make sure you are buyinf from a dealer that has a good warranty and has been around for a while. this is one watch where it is important to buy the dealer first and not the watch. Everyone pretty much carries the same models.

Also, the 7750 Daytona is a very well repped model. Very close to gen in most cases

greg_r

Cool - glad you found us before making an expensive mistake. Welcome to RWG! :D

Don't hesitate to shout if you need any help!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse Del. Glad you found us. :D

Del

Thanks for the welcome guys :D , and thanks KBH for the advice ;), much appreciated.

atmos

hello and servus from munich :D

Baldrick

Howzit gaun. big man!

trailboss99

Well no one has been around longer than HOS and his warranty is second to none so you are on the right track there. Lawrence is a great guy to deal with too. +1 about UKRW, they suck, hard.

Col.

Del
Well no one has been around longer than HOS and his warranty is second to none so you are on the right track there. Lawrence is a great guy to deal with too. +1 about UKRW, they suck, hard.

Thanks mate :D . I thought because HOS was on the Trusted Dealers list then it should be ok but KBH kinda knocked that on the head. Now I'm unsure! I emailed HOS with a question and they replied straight away so I was quite impressed with that :rofl: . Hmmm, this is not so easy ;) .

greg_r

Thanks mate :D . I thought because HOS was on the Trusted Dealers list then it should be ok but KBH kinda knocked that on the head. Now I'm unsure! I emailed HOS with a question and they replied straight away so I was quite impressed with that :rofl: . Hmmm, this is not so easy ;) .

Nah - KBH's comments were aimed at the site you had a narrow escape from. Lawrence (HOS) is one of the best dealers around - a real pleasure to do business with. I've bought from him many times :rofl:

Del
Nah - KBH's comments were aimed at the site you had a narrow escape from. Lawrence (HOS) is one of the best dealers around - a real pleasure to do business with. I've bought from him many times ;)

Woops :rofl: . Thanks for the clarification greg :D. Right, back to the HOS website......

greg_r
:D

KBH

Yeah, definitely not talking about HOS. Sorry for the confusion.

Fiddo

Hello! :thumbsup2:

Welcome!

Baldrick

Why don't you try Narikaa, he's a UK dealer, hand picks all his stock, gives a comprehensive warranty and there are definitely no Customs problems, he hand carries all his stock back to UK. :thumbsup2:

PS. where ye fae?

Del

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and advice :thumbsup2: .

Baldrick - I'm from Glasgow. Had a look at Narikka - sounds excellent and the Planet Ocean deal is very tempting! Is Customs an issue in the UK?

barkingtoad

Welcome Del

Baldrick
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and advice :wave: .

Baldrick - I'm from Glasgow. Had a look at Narikka - sounds excellent and the Planet Ocean deal is very tempting! Is Customs an issue in the UK?

Customs is not an issue with Narikaa, it can be with other dealers, but in general, into the UK, no!

Are you a Hun or a Tim?

Del
Are you a Hun or a Tim?

:) A Hun :D. I'm guessing you're from Glasgow too.......What camp are you in then?!

Baldrick

We can share a pint at the District Bar or Bar 72 :rainingshit:

Del
We can share a pint at the District Bar or Bar 72 :)

Gotcha ;):)