Sign in to follow this  
Odyseus

Whats the difference between these DSSD's?

Odyseus

I'm after a decent/reasonable DSSD, to replace my re-lumed Reg DSSD.

I originally wanted to get one fitted with the Asian 3135 clone, so I could document a service of the movement.

But the 3135 versions are not in stock anymore :(

So I'll go for either an Asian2836 or Swiss2836 version.

Now a lot of the TD's do a so-called 'Ultimate' DSSD eg this one for about $350

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=4895 or http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=138&P_id=1760&ti=

BUT there is also another $100 more expensive (ie ~ $450) version with a correct "10" better bezel??

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=4463 or http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=138&P_id=2065&ti=

Is this more expensive version worth getting? or better to get the cheaper one and modify??

All the best

J

dalboy

I'd go with the cheaper and Mod John..

But i reckon you would be better suited to answer that given your mod and repair experience ..

Dal.

Odyseus

You`re probably right Dal, but i was curious to why one model is over $100 more expensive, even though they are both so-called Ultimate version??

boneyjr

Def cheaper version. All the new dssds have correct 10

bgreg

According to description only diff is updated SS 316L to 316F - Date window bevelled , and correct 10 mod on bezel on higher priced one. Everything else seems identical.

Olly

Get the Noob version and mod this shit out of it. That is what my plan is to do with my BK DSSD :lol:

Odyseus
Get the Noob version and mod this shit out of it. That is what my plan is to do with my BK DSSD :lol:

Does e BK really need much modding?? I would go for one myself, but alas BK can't accept PP anymore, so no way to pay with CC :(

Olly

BK DSSD IS basically a normal Noob Watch but it has a new DWO, Gasket Fully Pressed Crystal, Gaurenteed Swiss Movement. So there is still room for:

Relume

Pearl Mod ( Much Needed !! )

AR Crystal - Optional but it will look a million dollars !

Matte Dial - Again Optional

Waterproof

Regulation

With all of that your watch would be AMAZING !!!!! Oh may I recommend KeNnY to do the work, He is the DSSD King :lol:

My DSSD Is planned to go to kenny soon so you can see what all of the above will look like minus the AR.

Hope this helped,

Olly

Stuvetjee

Or go a little bit more expensive ;) buy a noob and bp version, then combine best parts :)

Odyseus

Noob and BP interesting, but the TD's are normally use don't the factory name.

Having looked at the ultimate links I gave in the fist post, they all seem have naff pearl ie pearl in the middle of the triangle (and not at the bottom) at the top of the triangle is curved??

Antonio Dom.Rep.

My BK DSSD SW200 movement has been on my wrist for one year and riding motorcycle everyday under all weather conditions. Result excellent as the first day.

Olly

Or that. /\

Odyseus

Trouble is though that BK doesn't accept PP anymore ( so I can't pay with CC )

KeNnY

BK DSSD IS basically a normal Noob Watch but it has a new DWO, Gasket Fully Pressed Crystal, Gaurenteed Swiss Movement. So there is still room for:

Relume

Pearl Mod ( Much Needed !! )

AR Crystal - Optional but it will look a million dollars !

Matte Dial - Again Optional

Waterproof

Regulation

With all of that your watch would be AMAZING !!!!! Oh may I recommend KeNnY to do the work, He is the DSSD King :lol:

My DSSD Is planned to go to kenny soon so you can see what all of the above will look like minus the AR.

Hope this helped,

Olly

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I have prediction how your DSSD will look after mine chirugical operation on it

DSC_4191.jpg

Olly

End of the month mate :lol:

KeNnY

End of the month mate :lol:

Your DSSD will enjoy Christmas in Slovakia ! :lol:

TheInthusiest

I fucking miss my dssd that i sold a while ago... Sadly, i'll never get it back. :(

Olly
:lol:

Odyseus
I fucking miss my dssd that i sold a while ago... Sadly, i'll never get it back. :(

Ditto!! I had a Swiss ETA version from TS and it was really nice. At the moment I have one from Reg but of course it has a low beat DG2813 installed. I did my own lume job on it but decided I really want to get another top DSSD..

I might re-do the pearl so it doesn't bulge up so much (I just copied the way it was but none of the pearls look like this)

PB031879_zpsf6d596c1.jpg

PB031886_zps4cc254ae.jpg

TheInthusiest

Ditto!! I had a Swiss ETA version from TS and it was really nice. At the moment I have one from Reg but of course it has a low beat DG2813 installed. I did my own lume job on it but decided I really want to get another top DSSD..

I might re-do the pearl so it doesn't bulge up so much (I just copied the way it was but none of the pearls look like this)

Just looking at the DSSD gives me goose bumps. Like, it suited my wrist really well... I still dont know why i sold it. Its starting to get to me. :(((((

Odyseus

Just looking at the DSSD gives me goose bumps. Like, it suited my wrist really well... I still dont know why i sold it. Its starting to get to me. :(((((

You better get another one then :)

TheInthusiest

You better get another one then :)

I've got my eyes set on a different watch tho.

A Rolerai!

:D