Sign in to follow this  
BobSoCal

I Lost 10 Pounds Reading RWG & My Acne Is Gone!

BobSoCal

I'm thinking by reading all the threads I've read, I've failed to eat on over 20 occasions, so, there you are. I've had to tighten the band of a couple of watches since I joined your forum. Not only is this place informative, it's also a great weight loss program. I'm kidding about the acne, that hasn't flared up since high school.

I'm a proud owner of a GEN DRSD and a couple of other ROLEX GEN's and have been perusing both GEN & REP Forums for a little while. I honestly started this little adventure in order to spot fake watches and have become pretty good at it, especially DRSD's. It wasn't until a month or so ago I became interested in REP watches when I met with an attorney friend of mine who also owns a number of GEN ROLEX's. While shoveling lunch into our maws, I commented on his Daytona, expressing an interest in purchasing one in the near future, even going to a couple of AD's in preparation. I asked where he purchased the watch hoping maybe I might find a place that offers a bit of a discount. His eyes narrowed and a bead of sweat appeared on his forehead.

He answered, Taiwan.

Having been to Taiwan on a number of occasions myself, I asked at what AD?

He started to laugh and I immediately caught on. I asked why he choose to wear a fake watch when he obviously has the cash to purchase a GEN. His rational was that as an attorney he travels into some areas of the country not known for their safe environments and would rather give up a fake watch rather than one of his GEN's. He then pointed out some other mutual friends who also sport fake watches on occasion when faced with the same dilemma. I was kinda shocked but understood why, it's a cruel world out there and these guys who work with some undesirables on occasion aren't limited in their vision, bad people exist and their intentions aren't always good.

So, here I am and I'm fascinated by all of this. The quality of REP's have apparently increased and I'm startled by some of the creations I've read about on RWG. While all of the DRSD's I've seen on here and elsewhere are easily identified as fakes, some of the other watches are unbelievable. In the age of computers, I can see why these watches are becoming more like the originals, not 1:1...but damn close. Without invading someone else's space and getting into the smell zone, it would be impossible to differentiate fake from real.

I hate the fact that some try to pawn off REP's as GEN's and consider those who do crooks, deserving of a good keel hulling. For others who just appreciate a certain brand and can't afford the ridiculous prices (which I've paid & will continue to do so), I understand the interest. Because my work takes me to areas that resemble the sets of Escape From New York, my interest in REP's isn't only about spotting fakes, but now one of a consumer. I think my attorney friend is pretty damn smart. I wear my DRSD more than I should but it's a watch and watches are to be worn, but maybe it's a good idea to find a good representation of the DRSD. Someday someone will come up with a decent example. When that happens, I'm there. I also own a GEN DSSD. That'll probably be my first REP, amazing examples from that Mary and BK dude.

Anyway, there you are. Hi. Your forum is much more comfortable than others. It isn't so damn dark and menacing. RWI & RG are cool sites though, tons of info on there too. Thanks for the great reads and I'm doing as others have suggested prior to purchasing, researching. It's what I do best anyway. You certainly have a great site here.

:wave:

Brightlight

Of course the biggest weight loss is from your wallet :wave:

BobSoCal
Of course the biggest weight loss is from your wallet :wave:

Selling miscellaneous body parts helps. I have 2 corneas left. B)

ebzen02

nice post..so you work for the DEA and a Rolex is very suitable to deal with the cartel..lol.. Welcome and, yes, this is the friendliest and welcoming of all rep forums...now go get yourself a Panerai...

BobSoCal
nice post..so you work for the DEA and a Rolex is very suitable to deal with the cartel..lol.. Welcome and, yes, this is the friendliest and welcoming of all rep forums...now go get yourself a Panerai...

Busted...you're good.

In this genre of watch collecting, anything is possible. Panerai's are awesome watches.

scope

Welcome and I think you will find this addiction can be just as expensive as gens!

greg_r

haha - great first post. Welcome to the nuthouse! :wave:

I concur with the Panerai suggestion B)

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse

Luthier

Well, Bob... Since you saved tons of money on Jenny Craig - and considering your ability to buy gens - and your love to our Fora - I think you might be able to upgrade your status to VIP...methink?

Where in SoCal?

ebzen02

Oh, it is not nice to brag about your watches without pics...POST THEM NOW!!!

KBH

Welcome Bob. Since I joined I've gained 10 pounds from sitting on my ass in front of a computer all day and my skin is breaking out from the cadmium in my Chinese watchbands.

BobSoCal
Well, Bob... Since you saved tons of money on Jenny Craig - and considering your ability to buy gens - and your love to our Fora - I think you might be able to upgrade your status to VIP...methink?

Where in SoCal?

I just got here!! But you're right, should I stick around for any length of time, it would only be right to toss Mr. greg_r some duckets. He certainly deserves it.

Raised in North OC, then to Rancho Santa Margarita. I'm no longer in So Cal though. Business took me to a hellish part of the country. The OC never leaves you though, like a bad case of herpes...it sits there, gnawing at you. I miss it.

The OC, not the herpes.

ebsen02 I've posted my pics elsewhere on the net and honestly, well, can you understand my hesitation to do so here?

Thank you greg_r, dingleberry (lol), scope & KBH...worry when your hair starts to fall out in clumps. B)

Here's some pics of the DRSD in the wild.

numerouno.png

DRSD reaching for its favorite non-alcoholic refreshment

numerodos.png

DRSD considering going out on its own, seeking to raise a few bucks.

numerotres.png

DRSD being a naughty diver

Edited by BobSoCal

Luthier
Raised in North OC, then to Rancho Santa Margarita. I'm no longer in So Cal though. Business took me to a hellish part of the country. The OC never leaves you though, like a bad case of herpes...it sits there, gnawing at you. I miss it.

OC... a.k.a. Orange County... Fullerton? Brea?

I lived in Irvine and Fountain Valley for a while, great places.

I'm sure you miss it. I miss it too.

Still go there sometimes, it's just 60 miles from Hollywood.

But absolutely different World.

ebzen02

This guy just fits right in.. Just hope he is not a One-Post-Tom..

houndoggie

Welcome Bob.

SubFrog

I'm in the same boat as KBH...except for the cadmium problem. I should push away from the table a little more.

Welcome!