Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

I wore a rep to an AD this weekend - story inside.......

cogwatch

So, I go into and AD this weekend wearing my rep PAM 299K (Super Rep per ALE).

This AD has every fucking luxury brand you can think of. I'm talking: A.LANGE & SOHNE, AUDEMARS PIGUET, BAUME MERCIER, BREGUET, BREITLING, BVLGARI, CARTIER, CHANEL, CHOPARD, CONCORD, CORUM, EBEL, FRANCK MULLER, GRAHAM, HUBLOT, IWC, JLC, MONTBLANC, OMEGA, PANERAI, PATEK PHILIPPE, PIAGET, RAYMOND WEIL, RICHARD MILLE, ROGER DUBUIS, ROLEX, TAG HEUER, TISSOT, U-BOAT, ULYSSE NARDIN, VACHERON CONSTANTIN, ZENITH.

And I'm sure some others that I don't remember. It's like the Disneyland for watch lovers.

The sales guy, who was wearing the watch in the pic below (I'm showing that here just for eye candy as it was a stunning watch), commented very positively on my 299. I have a convertible and had just come in from a nice sunny drive, and the lume was glowing even under the store lights. It looked awesome.

The sales guy was very nice and knowledgeable, despite not recognizing my 299 as a rep. Remember, this place has pretty much every luxury warch brand so it would be impossible for him to know every detail about every watch of every brand. Also, I think my significant knowledge of watches (thanks RWG) created an atmosphere where there was no reason for him to think my 299 was anything but a gen. And the Super Rep level and glowing lume of the 299 didn't hurt either.

We walked around the store for a long time talking about most of the brands. The PAM display was the last one. My 299 was indistinguishable from the PAMs in the case in terms of quality look and finish. At the end he gave me a PAM brochure/book that was great reading that night.

What an incredibly fun time. I felt bad duping the sales guy with my rep PAM since he was so nice.

And I'm really excited to go back in a couple of weeks as they are moving to a much larger store. Put it this way, there won't be a PAM display case, there will be a PAM Salon!!!

Hmmm, I wonder which rep I'll wear next time???

The sales guy's watch:

b9c0d0b905f14189bf1d8d38d79feb36_zpsc65413b0.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sheesh. I had no idea this would create such a shitstorm. I thought I’d get more “nice Memovox” comments than anything else.

I didn’t think I was, nor was it my intention, to brag. I was just telling the story. However, re-reading my post I think I could have worded some things differently so as to not be so controversial. So, let me clarify some points of the story.

My wife and I went to the mall last weekend to go to the Apple store and look at the new iPad Air. Of course this will create another shitstorm of Apple haters and Apple lover, but I digress….

I HAPPENED to be wearing my rep PAM 299K. It’s winter here in the San Francisco Bay Area (though many of you would say “winter my ass”) so I was wearing a long sleeve shirt. Now, before there is yet another shitstorm about “how could your lume be so charged if you were wearing a long sleeve shirt”. When driving and stretching my hands to the steering wheel my sleeve pulls up and uncovers my watch.

After looking at the new iPad, my wife went to look at shoes and I went to look at watches. In addition to the AD with all the luxury brands, there is also a standalone Montblanc store and a Tag Heuer store. I went to those stores first. I didn’t flash my 299 begging for attention, I just looked at the watches and left.

Then I went to the Watch Disneyland AD store. My intention was to quietly walk around and look at all the watches. I usually avoid the sales people as much as possible stating “I’m just looking” if I’m spoken to. I was wearing my long sleeve shirt, I did not roll my sleeves up so as to flash and flaunt my rep 299. I don’t remember the exact details of it but the sales guy I ended up talking to seemed like a really nice guy and an obvious watch lover, not just a pushy watch store sales person, so we ended up continuing to talk. We were looking at and talking about the Chopards, and he started commenting on the vanilla smell of the rubber strap on the Chopards and pulled one out, nicely offering for me to try it on. I thought, well I have to take off my watch to try on the Chopard. I thought, what the hell, I’m wearing a pretty good rep, so I took it off and casually laid it on the counter. I didn’t say “hey check out my gen watch, sucker”. As I said in my original post, he commented positively on my watch and the lume in particular. He said, that’s a nice PAM and the lume looks great. I said thank you and we went back to talking about the Chopard. I put my watch back on and it wasn’t shown again or discussed for the rest of the visit. When I commented later that my 299 was Indistinguishable from the PAMs in the case, I didn't show or take off my 299 to compare. I know what it looks like. I just looked at the PAMs in the case and marveled internally at the quality of my rep 299.

Let me show my comment on my original post here. To quote “The sales guy, who was wearing the watch in the pic below (I'm showing that here just for eye candy as it was a stunning watch), commented very positively on my 299. I have a convertible and had just come in from a nice sunny drive, and the lume was glowing even under the store lights. It looked awesome.” I’m not sure where bragging was read into my comment. I did say it looked awesome. I don’t think that was bragging, it did look awesome.

In the next section of the post I commented a little bit about my watch again. To quote ” The sales guy was very nice and knowledgeable, despite not recognizing my 299 as a rep. Remember, this place has pretty much every luxury watch brand so it would be impossible for him to know every detail about every watch of every brand. Also, I think my significant knowledge of watches (thanks RWG) created an atmosphere where there was no reason for him to think my 299 was anything but a gen. And the Super Rep level and glowing lume of the 299 didn't hurt either.” My intention here was not to be bragging about my watch but rather to emphasize that the sales guy wasn’t an idiot AD sales guy by virtue of the fact that he commented positively on my rep 299.

I commented that I felt bad duping the sales guy with my rep PAM. Note, I didn’t say I intentionally duped him. I wasn’t bragging. FFS, quite the opposite. I felt bad that by virtue of him seeing and commenting on my rep, I didn’t feel good about that in what was an otherwise very enjoyable experience. We had a very good “watch fanatic bond” and I felt the rep situation in a way sullied the experience.

And lastly, I commented “Hmmm, I wonder which rep I’ll wear next time???” I was joking FFS. I had just said above that I felt bad about the situation. I will definitely go back to the AD many times in the future. It’s watch nirvana. I will probably wear a nice Bulova Precisionist, or Orient-Star, or gen Tag that I have. But I sure as hell won’t write about the experience here.

I hope this helps to calm people down. As you see, the deep details made for a very long write up. I thought my original post was a reasonably short story about my adventure. But I guess I should have not written it at all, or I should have written a short novel with every detail.

Edited by cogwatch

Rav747

Guess you missed the memo on not wearing reps to ADs :facepalm:

dalboy

So, I go into and AD this weekend wearing my rep PAM 299K (Super Rep per ALE).

This AD has every fucking luxury brand you can think of. I'm talking: A.LANGE & SOHNE, AUDEMARS PIGUET, BAUME MERCIER, BREGUET, BREITLING, BVLGARI, CARTIER, CHANEL, CHOPARD, CONCORD, CORUM, EBEL, FRANCK MULLER, GRAHAM, HUBLOT, IWC, JLC, MONTBLANC, OMEGA, PANERAI, PATEK PHILIPPE, PIAGET, RAYMOND WEIL, RICHARD MILLE, ROGER DUBUIS, ROLEX, TAG HEUER, TISSOT, U-BOAT, ULYSSE NARDIN, VACHERON CONSTANTIN, ZENITH.

And I'm sure some others that I don't remember. It's like the Disneyland for watch lovers.

The sales guy, who was wearing the watch in the pic below (I'm showing that here just for eye candy as it was a stunning watch), commented very positively on my 299. I have a convertible and had just come in from a nice sunny drive, and the lume was glowing even under the store lights. It looked awesome.

The sales guy was very nice and knowledgeable, despite not recognizing my 299 as a rep. Remember, this place has pretty much every luxury warch brand so it would be impossible for him to know every detail about every watch of every brand. Also, I think my significant knowledge of watches (thanks RWG) created an atmosphere where there was no reason for him to think my 299 was anything but a gen. And the Super Rep level and glowing lume of the 299 didn't hurt either.

We walked around the store for a long time talking about most of the brands. The PAM display was the last one. My 299 was indistinguishable from the PAMs in the case in terms of quality look and finish. At the end he gave me a PAM brochure/book that was great reading that night.

What an incredibly fun time. I felt bad duping the sales guy with my rep PAM since he was so nice.

And I'm really excited to go back in a couple of weeks as they are moving to a much larger store. Put it this way, there won't be a PAM display case, there will be a PAM Salon!!!

Hmmm, I wonder which rep I'll wear next time???

The sales guy's watch:

b9c0d0b905f14189bf1d8d38d79feb36_zpsc65413b0.jpg

The sales guy's watch:

Doe's he know you have his watch. :giggle:

Wearing Reps to an AD .. :picard2:

Dal.

Chavezzito
:popcorn:

pilch23
ab9c65b3e3c4cb08332c2f04eed2e05a_zps7838d10b.jpg

Kleen™

OMG - another complete fuckin' idiot....!

solkryssare
10815633033_5df9a8aa3a_z.jpg

Markrfc

Yeah you sure duped him

cogwatch

Oh yeah. I forgot to show a pic of the PAM I was wearing.....,.

727ff81431704e3098a7fc0b45e3b99f_zps83b6b17f.jpg

Chavezzito

:lmao:

cogwatch

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Zachthebaker

dude... :facepalm:

ElvisFreak

I have seen members getting banned for doing what you did and then brag about it....short lived brag too....

PeterPotamus

at least this thread brought us a really beautiful vintage memovox...

TT88

:popcorn:

Congrats on your showoff in the AD...not

Hopefully you don't have to visit the gulag.

Odyseus

So what if he wears a Rep into an AD, what's the big deal??

Kleen™

Thus has been covered so many times since you bacame a member, that you should know the answer to your own question. If not: use the search function.

But I think....nah, lemme rephrase....I HOPE Cogwatch is just taking the pish.

1littlegreen

Wow......I need to change my sig, then you can use it....

Nnilswerdna

Surely a wind up thread, right?

trailboss99

I hope so Nnils

Zachthebaker

this fucking guy again...

black263

Do you really think that a professional sales assistant would stoop so low as to call out a customer for wearing a rep. They may well have pissed themselves laughing at you afterwards, but they should never embarrass you in the shop.

What did you expect them to say - Nice fake, clearly you can't afford to buy a gen so fuck off out of the shop?

Nnilswerdna

Been covered time and time again, 99/100 AD Sales reps probably couldn't call you out on a fake.

It's common decency to take off your rep when you go into the AD though. Simple

Odyseus

this fucking guy again...

Why don't fuck off you shit stirring know it all!

Yes I did fucking search the forum and guess what loads of people wear reps into an AD, so what!! Even some of the mods have done it. To deliberately pass it off as gen to an AD is stupid but it casually wear one in an AD discreetly - or it that a capital offense too??

black263

Looks like Odyseus is doubly pissed off. But we really need a spell check on this forum. Edit. We need a context checker as well. Spell-check would have only picked up on one word (twice of course).