Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

I wore a rep to an AD this weekend - story inside.......

greg_r

Why are all the noobs so sensitive? Every comment on the internet is basically this...

Talk_zps9aede2cb.gif

Enjoy the banter and embrace the nuthouse!

This man gets it :D

Aren

Why are all the noobs so sensitive? Every comment on the internet is basically this...

Talk_zps9aede2cb.gif

Enjoy the banter and embrace the nuthouse!

This man gets it :D

+ a million.

I :wub: the nuthouse.

:P

Olly

Snap :daffy:

James.

Post.

cannon_fodder1010

I once entered an AD wearing a rep, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

:popcorn:

do tell

Do tell? If it involves an arrow wouldn't it be William Tell?

Is this thread Over? Ture is.

Realism

I once entered an AD wearing a rep, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

:popcorn:

do tell

Do tell? If it involves an arrow wouldn't it be William Tell?

Is this thread Over? Ture is.

only over when it's over... never over till it's over...

so not over yet

jard89

Thread_zpsd0948816.jpeg

(not really, its too enjoyable to read)

gmchris

Can't believe this has gone one for 18 pages. Oh well if you can't beat em . .

To be honest I think it is wrong to treat the AD's with such godliness. Sure the manager in the back room may afford a nice collection, but I bet the guys and gals on the counter are on your average mall store wage, maybe even just in temp jobs like the aforementioned student. Hell, if they spot a half decent rep they are probably wishing they could ask where to get one themselves.

A decent sales assistant will treat Everyone as a potential sale. I was in the multi-brand AD last month and the assistant asked if I needed help, so I gave him the usual 'just looking' fuck off smile. He asked what brand I liked so we talked moonies and tags and stuff, and after a few mins he asked me to point out which ones I already had. I pointed out 4 then added with a polite smile, "but not gens unfortunately". He says "Great! So you already know what you are comfortable with and have a favourite" at which point the conversation turned moonie and he has one in my hand.

NOW he drops in the killer line that almost made me go gen ( don't panic I said almost )

"Mate, I can do this for you on 0%, then you can sell one rep a month, that's 4 months paid for, and within a year you can be choosing the next one, just tell the wife its another rep."

Salesman of the year.

For the record I didn't roll up my sleeve.

black263

FFS do i need to read 16 pages because i was busy doing something yesterday. Anyone here who can give me a 5 line summary as I would hate to think i missed something exciting? Actually don't bother as i really could not give a toss about the rights or wrongs of wearing a rep in a TD. i have never even thought about it, I go in with whatever is on my wrist that day gen or rep and no one ever takes a blind bit of notice - unless its a massive Invicta then they all run for cover.

1%20worm.gif

• Guy walks into an AD with a Rep on his wrist.

• Guy posts about his experience.

• Guy is met with facepalms, hysteria, homophobia, over-reaction, occasional humor, threadcrapping, and a tiny bit of common sense.

• Common sense is lost amongst the overwhelming bullshit.

• RWG ensues.

I've been in AD's with reps on before. Big fucking deal. If I take it off to try something on, it goes in my pocket. What, I'm going to walk into an AD watch-less? I seldom plan trips to AD's... they just happen when they happen.

And this is the big difference between how most of us would behave, and how the OP behaved.

What the OP did was shown in the two posts he made.

"(the salesman) started commenting on the vanilla smell of the rubber strap on the Chopards and pulled one out, nicely offering for me to try it on. I thought, well I have to take off my watch to try on the Chopard. I thought, what the hell, I’m wearing a pretty good rep, so I took it off and casually laid it on the counter. I didn’t say “hey check out my gen watch, sucker”..................................................and from another post - "The sales guy, who was wearing the watch in the pic below (I'm showing that here just for eye candy as it was a stunning watch), commented very positively on my 299. I have a convertible and had just come in from a nice sunny drive, and the lume was glowing even under the store lights. It looked awesome

The op was deliberately flaunting a rep in front of a salesman, who was almost honour bound not to call him out. Thats the really bad form, and that's what I consider unacceptable behaviour.

Realism

I did not have sexual relations with that woman

reximda

Then whats that stain of yours on her dress?

Realism

that was the apple sauce

James.

Spot on, Realism.

James.

Chris, stop posting cogently. This is not the thread for logic :lol:

reximda

that was the apple sauce

That cigar is pretty telling though. And a little stinky.

cogwatch

FFS do i need to read 16 pages because i was busy doing something yesterday. Anyone here who can give me a 5 line summary as I would hate to think i missed something exciting? Actually don't bother as i really could not give a toss about the rights or wrongs of wearing a rep in a TD. i have never even thought about it, I go in with whatever is on my wrist that day gen or rep and no one ever takes a blind bit of notice - unless its a massive Invicta then they all run for cover.

1%20worm.gif

• Guy walks into an AD with a Rep on his wrist.

• Guy posts about his experience.

• Guy is met with facepalms, hysteria, homophobia, over-reaction, occasional humor, threadcrapping, and a tiny bit of common sense.

• Common sense is lost amongst the overwhelming bullshit.

• RWG ensues.

I've been in AD's with reps on before. Big fucking deal. If I take it off to try something on, it goes in my pocket. What, I'm going to walk into an AD watch-less? I seldom plan trips to AD's... they just happen when they happen.

And this is the big difference between how most of us would behave, and how the OP behaved.

What the OP did was shown in the two posts he made.

"(the salesman) started commenting on the vanilla smell of the rubber strap on the Chopards and pulled one out, nicely offering for me to try it on. I thought, well I have to take off my watch to try on the Chopard. I thought, what the hell, I’m wearing a pretty good rep, so I took it off and casually laid it on the counter. I didn’t say “hey check out my gen watch, sucker”..................................................and from another post - "The sales guy, who was wearing the watch in the pic below (I'm showing that here just for eye candy as it was a stunning watch), commented very positively on my 299. I have a convertible and had just come in from a nice sunny drive, and the lume was glowing even under the store lights. It looked awesome

The op was deliberately flaunting a rep in front of a salesman, who was almost honour bound not to call him out. Thats the really bad form, and that's what I consider unacceptable behaviour.

You are right. I agree I should have put it in my pocket. But I disagree that I was "deliberately flaunting a rep in front of a salesman". I set it down, he commented positively on it, I said thank you, we quickly went back to the Chopard, I put it back on, and we moved on.

cogwatch

Very Good :lmao:

tesmith2112

This is still going on... Time to end this thread. Can someone please summarize this for me, don't feel like going through 19 pages. Is it okay to wear a rep into an AD? :)

cogwatch

This is still going on... Time to end this thread. Can someone please summarize this for me, don't feel like going through 19 pages. Is it okay to wear a rep into an AD? :)

1%20worm.gif

Took a watch into AD

HAd a chat about watches

Left the AD

Posted all about it here

Got flames to a God like level

Your comment.

Ok ? :giggle:

tesmith2112

1%20worm.gif

Took a watch into AD

HAd a chat about watches

Left the AD

Posted all about it here

Got flames to a God like level

Your comment.

Ok ? :giggle:

It's not the wearing that got you flamed, it's the telling! You're too telling.... :) It's really a compliment to the quality of the reps we have access to in recent times. A few years ago no one would have the balls to even attempt that. I think the PAM's and Omega's have made the biggest strides, Omega for sure in terms of recent improvements. The PAMs have been good for a while.

Mr Stubbs

You're alright Cogwatch. :beer2:

cogwatch

You're alright Cogwatch. :beer2:

As someone who just joined a month ago and has already stepped up and contributed by becoming a VIP/Supporter, you're alright yourself!!! :beer2:

P4GTR

You are right. I agree I should have put it in my pocket.

Why? Who gives a fuck?

The rule is in place for the fucktards that dwell among us. The guy that would be taking their new quartz Super Avenger to Breitling ADs for parts/service request or offer it as trade-in after asking to hold his side by side w/ the gen.

There is no way those sales people can differentiate at arms length a gen from rep on any modern pam (or other super rep for that matter) and If they can they already knew these level of reps exist so it's a moot point.

My favorite is the "they might confiscate it" line. I'd be so God damned amused with any sales person that tried that with me, I honestly don't know what I would do. :rofl:

James.

This thread should be a sticky

cogwatch

This thread should be a sticky

As in "I did not have sex with that woman" sticky?