Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

I wore a rep to an AD this weekend - story inside.......

MrX

Not too worrying to be honest, I just avoid doing it out of respect really - I love my rep collection and it's built on an industry that goes back to the 17th century. I justify my rep collection (mostly vintage) as I also have a couple Rolex gens and so I feel they have received my custom, just feel it a bit rude to flash a rep in a AD (who in most cases is working 40 hours a week for £20k a year).

That being said I have wandered into several AD's with one of my reps on (without thinking really, easily done) and have never had a sales assistant ask about it so would assume you would need to go out of your way to get the attention?

X

elp

Was in work yesterday when this dude parked outside in a 1992 Datsun Sunny.

For some reason he had his head stuck out the sunroof, think he thought it was a convertible.

He then stood beside his car for 5 minutes shining a torch at his wrist.

Once inside the shop he incessantly inquired as to the price of every watch in the shop and mumbled something about movement..(think he needed the bathroom).

He looked at the watch on my wrist and began to touch himself inappropriately at this point security were moving in. Out of nowhere the dude ran behind the counter and filled his pockets with brochures and ran out of the shop. You had to appreciate the way he jumped back in to his car thru the sunroof.

He looked soooo cool in his Jimmy Hilfinger t shirt and his solo sports pants, but the weirdest thing was that he had on him a totally GENUINE Panerai….Go figure

:rofl:

Odyseus

So what if he wears a Rep into an AD, what's the big deal??

this fucking guy again...

Why don't fuck off you shit stirring know it all!

Yes I did fucking search the forum and guess what loads of people wear reps into an AD, so what!! Even some of the mods have done it. To deliberately pass it off as gen to an AD is stupid but it casually wear one in an AD discreetly - or it that a capital offense too??

Yup. Going into an AD with the intention of flashing your rep and trying to 'fool' them is not only rude, but it's also just rubbing our underground hobby in their faces. Not cool at all and, in extreme cases, can get you banned from the fora.

Casually wearing a rep watch while you look at other watches is another matter so long as you're discreet.

FWIW I wear reps into my local AD all the time. Admittedly, though, the guy who runs the place is a member here ;)

Point we'll made Greg ;)

Let's face it most of us would like to able to compare our Rep's with the real thing??

Who hasn't done a sneaky comparison while no one is looking??

Personally I always keep my watch well and truly covered except the wife who doesn't care ;)

parisianshut

For some reason he had his head stuck out the sunroof, think he thought it was a convertible.

Once inside the shop he incessantly inquired as to the price of every watch in the shop and mumbled something about movement..(think he needed the bathroom).

He looked at the watch on my wrist and began to touch himself inappropriately at this point security were moving in. Out of nowhere the dude ran behind the counter and filled his pockets with brochures and ran out of the shop. You had to appreciate the way he jumped back in to his car thru the sunroof.

He looked soooo cool in his Jimmy Hilfinger t shirt and his solo sports pants, but the weirdest thing was that he had on him a totally GENUINE Panerai….Go figure

that's what i though ... ahahahahaahh

Cyril_Clunge

dave1978, you are my new hero. I'm waiting to see a potential client and the whole office is looking at me crying with laughter :D

Eric13

Hehehe :-) Just great!

onionbag

I wore my forum personna to the psychiatrist once..

He thought I was mad..

But he was too professional to say so.

He was very kind tho', he said I'd be welcome anytime...........I suspect he told his colleagues about me..........they may even have sniggered a little.

Dr Yan

He thought I was mad..

But was too professional to say so.

you wore a razor blade to the psychiatrist ???? WTF.... you are crazy!!!!

JohnG

I never agreed with this "rule" about not visting AD's with reps, but I respect the majority consensus on the issue. That said, obviously Cogwatch didn't know about the rule so everyone needs to fucking chill. No, he didn't get the memo. Big deal.

dave1978

felt bad for him when he got stuck in the sunroof,,,took the firefighters hours to cut him out of the car

KeNnY
:rofl:

James.

Thats it, dave18978 killed the thread. Perfect. Nothing else posted here would compare. Mods may as well lock kt down.

Dave, post of the month award is yours. Congratulations.

dave1978

thanks semaj I shall put it up on the wall beside my mcdonalds child of achievement award :)

Higs

i-won-the-internet.png

Sbybbuser

LOL.

Brilliant

onionbag

He thought I was mad..

But was too professional to say so.

That's an amazing avatar and I'm so jealous of it. I really have no idea of my own shagging count, so I am in total awe of you. (I could never bother counting the individual strokes.)

Awesome.

RUSH2112

A lot of people here think they're funny but you are the real deal,

Mystery Shopper

I did think the OP was taking the P.I.5.5. but Dave1978's post is funny. Up there with Peter's nude reflections in shiny objects post years ago. Funny!

Libertatia

I don't take off my rep when I go in to an AD because I can't be fucked

Lev

Oi gevalt...

jizza24

:rofl: that made my day!

Edited by jizza24

Del

:lmao2:

Brilliant dave, just brilliant! :clap:

trailboss99

And Dave wins the internet!

r97akh6rn6.jpg

BentleySharp

And the award for best post of the year goes to....Absolutely brilliant Dave. :lol: So F'ing true that.

I take my reps off before i go into my jewelers (Who is also a watch dealer), just for the simple fact of it would embarrass me if he spotted it as a rep, especially with the amount of money i spent with him. We have a pretty solid buisiness relationship. Whenever i go in we usually spend about 30 minutes just talking about stuff and bantering. He has a sharp eye. We've talked about reps before. He is very aware of the world of reps and also very aware of the level of sophistication with which they are made. It's his job to know. So, If you think you are fooling any AD with your rep and you are all smug while you brag to your friends on the forum, That dealer is on the Gen watch forum bragging to his friends about how he spotted another cunt walking into his store with a rep on.

Just something to think about.

dasselin
Hmmmm thinking of going into business selling RWG hoodies - am thinking the RWG logo on the front and perhaps a list of TD on the back, any takers? X

I'm in :giggle: