Sign in to follow this  
Andym7777

Purchased in China

Andym7777

HI -

I've just recently discovered this community and am thinking about buying a watch or two. I travel to Shanghai and Beijing several times a year and have purchased lots of cheap replicas over the years - usually for $10-$20 USD each. The automatic ones that you can buy over there are all junk - the battery ones are still junk but will usually work for a year or so.

I wanted to ask you guys to look at the movement that is inside these Chinese watches just to make sure that the ones from a trusted dealer are totally different.

Does this look familiar at all?

photo2_zps3bc3f949.jpg

photo3_zps732137dc.jpg

photo4_zpsc3140c8c.jpg

Realism

quartz.... battery is in there...S. Epson sign means it's probably a Miyota Quartz not miyota... probably seiko related company... there's a HKG movement company was built with funds from Seiko and have 3 Japanese directors (forgot the name) - found it TImeModule

http://www.timemodule.com/

midasmook

Do a bit of reading puleeese.

abcdef

i was in camden market the other day and the 30 quid rolex replicas? they were fkin DREADFUL

Monty010

basic quartz moments.

and that Omega!? ouch..

i advise read threw out td list, and go with them.

you"ll spend a little bit more but the watches will look a lot better for it.

emtp101

Do your reading here and order form a TD here. Much better rep's than in the streets out there.

Andym7777

I did some searching. I'm glad to hear that the ones from the TDs are not the same as the crap you can get in the markets. I've tried to find better ones over there but had no luck.

Frankt8242

I have heard a rumor that at least twice a year, Josh, Andrew, Angus, Mary, Reg, Neil, and Eddie Lee meet in Gz. with the rep builders, and tell them which models should be sent to the street vendors , and which should be reserved for themselves...Just sayin..... :giggle: :giggle:

Mazz

Uh come in Admin/Mod Lounge........................ Franks found out ...............arrange a slip on ice down the stairs while carrying a box of pointy steak knives ............:Whistle:

Frankt8242

Uh come in Admin/Mod Lounge........................ Franks found out ...............arrange a slip on ice down the stairs while carrying a box of pointy steak knives ............ :Whistle:

If you can find me an icy staircase in Ft Myers, I already have the steak knives!! :help3: :help3: