Sign in to follow this  
coolin

Hi guys and hello from Sunderland, UK

coolin

Hey Guys

Glad I found the forum just as I was making final decisions on choosing a Tourbillon from swissmirrorwatch or Sinowatches. I think ill trawl through posts first and do as the newbies thread says and pick a recommended dealer first.

FYI I already own several replicas which I have bought from Turkey over the past 10yrs these have cost around £30-50 ($50-80) and out of about two dozen I have bought for myself and friends only 2 have died in this time so maybe I have been lucky or is this about average?

I will post some close up pics in the next few days pf a couple of my favorites so hopefully you guys can let me know how good these really are in the greater scheme of things. Both me and my friends have always been blown away by the quality for such cheap timepieces.

thanks for taking the time to read my post

Best Regards Colin

ps any advice from owners of Tourbillons, more importantly whether to go for it or stay clear?

Fiddo

Hi coolin! :Hmmmph:

Welcome!

trailboss99

Oh Lordy, we're being submerged in Colins! :Hmmmph:

Welcome mate, looks like you have the idea already, read heaps and ask questions, then buy.

Col.

EDIT: Tourbys, didn't notice that. A real working tourby watch starts at about 600 and there are very few reps available. Most of the

reps are a faux (fake) tourby, usually just the balance wheel exposed. The best bet for a tourby is a homage piece like those made by Million Smart

such as this:

tourby1.jpg

That should set you back about 650 to 700. It uses the Liaoning 5010, a cheap but reliable MVT (movement) that is repairable and serviceable.

It's used in many watches costing upwards of a grand or two retail.

Since Homer (an old dealer who dealt in a lot of these) is no longer around finding one may be the problem tho. Best bet may be to start at the MS site

which you will find here: http://www.millionsmart.com/e/default_home.asp get a model number for one you like (there are dozens of 'em) and ask around.

Member X

Welcome aboard! :)

re: Tourbillons, unless you're spending $500+ it's unlikely that it will be a Tourbillon, more likely just an 'open heart' with the balance wheel visible.

If you're looking at a watch in particular, feel free to post it up with a link so we can assess it and offer thoughts on it :)

colin

Tommorow the World......................

Colin :) :) :D :D :D

greg_r

Tourbys are great - but steer clear of the dealers you mention - both are known to be a problem.

Take a look at some of the trusted dealers and feel free to ask questions!

skintrade

Hi m8, i feel i know u already :thumbsup:

scope

Welcome, You found the right place! :thumbsup:

Ska

good luck with the tourbillons, try houseofsouvenirs in the trusted dealer list. Some good reps with reliable tourbillon movements available there.

Welcome to the madhouse!!!

gB.

Welcome to the madness....