Sign in to follow this  
mbjoer

Pasha Seatimer Quartz

mbjoer

Cartier Pasha Seatimer Chronograph

Quartz

038.jpg

I received this watch some time ago from Mary @ Watchinternational, who as ever was superb to deal with.

It has subsequently been AR treated by Domi/FineDD.

043.jpg

I have for some time been on the lookout for some quartz watches so as to have a few (in between all the automatics) that will actually tell me what the time is :) . The problem always remains to find one of the decent reps with a quartz movement. There is simply not enough information about quartzies on the fora.

The Pasha Seatimer has been on my hit list for some time anyway and it seemed that this model might be a reasonable Quartz replica.

It comes in several different versions, but I particularly liked the blue crown chrono version, which comes with either a black or a white dial. I opted for the black one.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Receiving this watch my immediate reaction was a big WOW. The watch will cost you about $150 landed and other than the movement it has the feel of a much more expensive watch..

The watch looks really solid, sporty and elegant. The dial is not really black, but rather a very dark grey. The big hands are easy to read, but the small hands are not very visible, so you would have to stand very close and at a certain angle to spot that it is a quartz.

But even so, Cartier is known to make quartz watches and what I really like about this one is that it does not pretend to be an automatic. So if anyone wants to inspect it they can do so and not find any obvious tells. (I am sure that the members here will put me right on that one...!!)

Note how the light on the small hands is only reflected under certain angles:

032.jpg

No problems with sunken date-wheel:

027.jpg

And full disclosure on the back (...had it been a Gen, that is...LOL):

033.jpg

The bezel clicks well, has clear and very nicely engraved numbers and nicely made teeth on the edge:

050.jpg

The caseback has good, deep engravings:

034.jpg

Also the deployant looks good. Again it has good and deep engravings:

041.jpg

040.jpg

013.jpg

One little touch which shows why Mary is such an excellent dealer is that she had heard that the screws that holds the link to the case may fall off and get lost. So unprompted she included another extra such screw. Thanks Mary! So far it has not been needed, but it may well come in handy sometime.

039.jpg

SENDING IT OFF TO DOMENICO

Being such a nice watch it seemed worth it for me to invest to get it even better. So off it went to be water proofed, re-lumed and AR treated. I thought....!

Well in the end I found the re-lume too expensive, so decided against when the quote came in. At least for now.

What was worse was that Domi found that the construction of the case was such that it could not be water-proofed. A shame as I think this is the kind of watch one should be able to swim with.

But it was AR treated. And I am very glad it was. It has brought out the the dial and shown up how intricate it is made.

It turns out that there is a blue hue in it which is only visible in the same light that caused glare before it was AR treated. It is hard to capture on a picture, but I have tried:

009.jpg

HOW IT STACKS UP AS A REP

Well... it doesn't..... Hmmm...

When writing this review I expected to make a detailed comparison to the Gen, but I have not been able to find one. It seems that chrono, steel bracelet and blue crown only comes with a white dial. So mine is a fantasy!

Suits me fine. No risk of being confronted with a Gen and much less effort to write the review here...!

FINAL THOUGHTS

The fact that it cannot be water-proofed is a big negative in my books, but no deal breaker. Otherwise it is a very inexpensive luxury watch and well worth it.

Go for it, and forget about hang ups about it being a quartz!

greg_r

Nice looking watch - something a bit different too, don't see many of these around. :rofl:

Member X

Great pics :rofl:

P_Diddy

is the gen an automatic or quartz movement?

AllergyDoc
is the gen an automatic or quartz movement?

:)

Baldrick

Is there ever a time when you don't have a ? mark at the end of a sentence :)

P_Diddy

tried on the gen at AD today, wonder what auto movement the gen uses for Chrono functions?

interestingly on the left side of the watch case is a 'depressed button' similar to a helium valve found on SD, anyone know what this depressed button is for?