Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

RolexAddict's News Letter

RolexAddict

Dear members,

Not very talkative on the forum, no enough time, but its necessary to keep in touch so I decided to write from time to time news letters and keep you updated with my activity,

I get some strange pms or mail like "are you still in the business ?"

So I answer, yes, everything works fine with my activity, and yes, I am still in business, more than ever :)

First I make a point to thanks all members who trust and appreciate my work, for me its relly exiting when people send me emails with attached pics and write "I want exactly this one"

And again, I appologize for delay sometimes to answer, I try to give answers asap, but sometimes I am really screwed and the nose deep in watches for long hours,

This being said, I make a point of honor of respecting the deadlines, I dont have eyes larger than the belly, no long queue, I limit my work to preserve quality and respect the timing,

Very important notice :

Please again, note that the email adress is [email protected] only.

Forget all former email adresses.

My mind doesn't stop at Europe doors,

I have built/modd watches for members living everywhere in EU but also in Asia, Australia, USA... no limit, the French post works well,

Btw, any country, the door is open, from any place in the world the shipping time using regular registred parcel never exceed 10 days to reach France or return to your home, and its safe.

Calendar,time slots,

Generally, for a mod package time needed between I get your watch and to achieve the job is arround 2 weeks. Right now I am full, new jobs/projects will be scheduled for the begin of january 2014 after winter holidays, for delivery arround the 15 - 20 of january,

Pause,

necessary to refresh the brain after so much blabla,

Enjoy this Lady Blueberry, it has been first modded by a great artist, then I have converted it into a full red GMThand, and give one more deep touch reshapping the case, its not yet complete finished as the watch will return on my bench for a DWO swap. I will also experiment some new patina work on steel.

Note : basically the watch is a 1675 from Perfect Clones, the dial is untouched, not relumed, this give you an idea of the dial quality of the cartel 1675. Only the hands have been relumed to match with the dial lume patina,

important informations about mod packages after these pics

3ez7.jpg

rbdp.jpg

g2gz.jpg

rlgj.jpg

New dispositions for Rolex GMT 1675 packages : refer also in my section here : http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=38525 I have updated the topic,

For the moment I suggest to go with the 1675 sold by dealers for a lot of good reasons :

-Good case with correct engravings, consistant CG's good for reshaping,

-bezel assembly now is pretty good, same design as the gen watch, and will accept gen or gen specs inset with minor fitting,

-Dial is also good,

-The 6mm crown can be easely a little machined,

The watch is a little more expensive as it is powered with an ETA movement, but the only things needed to bring the watch in a better level are a Clark 25-116 plexi, Rolex thick springbars and a 1675-16750 specs insert, this is a total amount of 35 euros, Everything else is pretty good !

For a 1675 package based on the 1655 Explorer, the WSO bezel assembly only costs 280 euros with shippings and custom fees !

The classic way using the 1655 Explorer as background presents difficulties right now :

1) Difficulties to source dials

-Yuki classic 1675 dials new serie are not good at all,

-note : Yuki 1675 gilt dials are good and match well for Corniño style with a silver hands set,

-Ingod dials quality is erratic,

-NDT are excellent but expensive also difficult and long to get as NDT doesn't accept other payment method than bank transfert.

International bank transferts from France to the USA are... just a break-in head

2) WSO shipping method

-The WSO 1675 bezel assembly now is shipped via USPS Express, this induces 40 euros of customs and vat fees at arrival in France,

So for the package based on the 1655 Explorer conversion, the mod package price will be increased also the delivery time in case of an NDT dial option,

Otherwise, as some members do, you can send me with the watch to mod and the parts you have sourced yourself and I will fit everything together,

Thanks to all,

JJ

trailboss99

Nice work as always mate!