Sign in to follow this  
Jagsman

FFF Mod, What base watch should I use?

Jagsman

I was looking at a Black SNZH55J1. It has black date wheel with seconds at three. But..................the dial I am after from Dagaz has seconds at four. I have had a look and cant find the model of Seiko that would fit. Any ideas? Pretty sure I am missing something simple but if anyone knows Id appreciate the heads up! The Dagaz dial I am after doesn't seem to be available with seconds at three.

Jagsman

Ignore me!

Ianp

If you mean is there a dagaz dial with the date at 3, I don't think so but don't think it matters, you just set the date at the 4 o clock position. You don't see the day though, just the date.

Ianp

Actually, not even sure there is the black dial with date at all., but there are better seiko experts than me.

Ianp

Yep, there is (was). Found a pic...http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-%5Bwithdrawn%5D-lnib-seiko-fifty-five-fathoms-fff-snzh55-864699.html sorry, can't paste photo on iPad.

Jagsman

Thanks chaps, I am just confusing myself (and others) the watch Del suggests is exactly what I am after! Cheers Ian as well, the watch in the link you posted is what I am after but with a blue dial. And a different Bezel. Once/If I manage it I will post pics

Del

Cheers Del but I am looking for something with date at four o'clock. My Original post said seconds at three, my mistake! Its been a long day.

Sorry, I didn't read it right anyway! :facepalm:

I need a beer……. :morebeer:

Martinjogs

No a problem, the confusion here is that the base model is at 3 o clock, it doesn't matter, what matters is that the right Dagaz dial is ordered, the at 3 dial which means the feet match the seiko mentioned by Del. The date aperture IS at 4 o clock and lines up just fine on the FFF.

TT88

It's just the position of date window cut out? O.o

Jagsman

found a potential Donor on the bay! Now to order the dial hands bezel and chapter ring I am after. How hard can it be eh..............................

Martinjogs

image_zps9629102b.jpg[/url

Before

After

image_zpsfb75a994.jpg

Ianp
found a potential Donor on the bay! Now to order the dial hands bezel and chapter ring I am after. How hard can it be eh..............................

Good luck.

Jagsman

Cheers mate, that's what Im after, just with a different bezel and a black date

ShovelnTC

Yep I used the SNZH55 and only did the dial change.

I love the original bezel and wasn't concerned with having lume on the bezel so left it.

I was going to and probably will just ad a tip of red to the sweep hand.

IMG_5435small_zps7629d84a.jpg