Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

IWC Mark XVII - Bestest Edition

LightGeek

Had the cheapie. Loved it except the low beat. The "bestest edition" is a few shades better here and there but the high beat seals the deal. Am I happy? Yes but I can see the law of diminishing returns. This one is $100 more but certainly isn't "$100 worth" better. Everything is just that tiniest bit more refined.

The "value edition" was here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...opic=63094&st=0

3D2855C0-BCC3-4A76-9A11-2BC2B2E72B1E_zpszarb8ge2.jpg

LightGeek

bowtiefanatc

Love the MarkXVII, I was debating on getting the super version but the budget is pretty darn nice!

LightGeek

For this I'd go for the "bestest". I'm still debating the PAM 386 at $400 or the M2M Joran has for $250. The biggest difference is the non-replica-look movement. Is it worth that extra $150? I don't know yet...

Markrfc

Both look great cant really tell them apart from the pics.

Libertatia

KW even do a cheapy XVI now :o ...

Edit - the KW looks very finely finished IMO, the A/R is great in most lights, the case is spot on..... It looks like a special piece, not just any old watch to the watch oblivious out there. Yes, when i first opened it and saw the plastic ring around the movement the reality of its price hit me..... Bang for buck i think is the expression, aesthetically its all there, internally, well whose gonna see?

Edited by Libertatia

ShovelnTC

Yes I was very tempted with the earlier offering from KW as it looked so good and the price was great but held back for the movement reason.

tesmith2112

Where's the sales thread or site for this "bestest edition"? I need one of these ASAP!

LightGeek

A better pic...

u2y6u3yp.jpg

ghoststar

The best version (the V2) actually has some cosmetic issues that some of the cheaper models do not. One example would be the leftward tilt of the dial in the V2.

LightGeek

Yep. Damn tilt. I'm a picky person but I can live with that (somehow!) and managed to alleviate it somewhat. I'm glad you brought it up as I thought it was just my copy.

ghoststar

Yep. Damn tilt. I'm a picky person but I can live with that (somehow!) and managed to alleviate it somewhat. I'm glad you brought it up as I thought it was just my copy.

Nope. It's like that on all of the V2's. I think the factory that made them simply used the template used for the XVI V2 (which also has the same leftward tilt).

ghoststar

It's funny cuz I've mentioned this defect several times complete with photographic evidence, and people have still said I was seeing things.

spursian

It's funny cuz I've mentioned this defect several times complete with photographic evidence, and people have still said I was seeing things.

GS, can you repost the photo about the tilt? I'm thinking of getting the 2892 v2 but still not very certain if I should spend that kind of money on it...

LightGeek

I've had that watch up until I sold it a few weeks ago? Completely forgot about the tilt until this thread popped up. It's not that bad.