Sign in to follow this  
Massimo

BK is busy - 2009 projects

KBH
Damn AD, you pretty much nailed my feelings. I'm not sure where I am but I just gave away a couple of watches because I was too lazy to sell them (Phase 5). I took about 10 Rollies to work today and a couple are going for my cost to guys at work. Of course they have to wait till Friday (pay day). Unfortunately, one guy wanted my SSD I was wearing, which isn't for sale.

Just got my DSSD from your buddy Jackie Chen today. Damn nice but I'm already thinking it's too fat. I'm too used to the Sea Dweller and my DateJusts. Might have to turn it over to somebody else.

I'm in Phase V. :bounce: Just about done. Dave's in Phase VI and has been for a while. He just hangs here to see what life tips he can pick up from me. :tomaatit:

The DS is very fat, no doubt. At the end I almost never wore my SSD. It was just kinda bland.

I've noticed we don't see as much of Dave as before.

I guess I still have a little phase 4. I just pre-ordered the WM9 Sea Dweller from BK even though my current daily wear is the Swiss SSD from Josh, which was one of my first reps.

By the way, my DSSD from Jackie Chen came with a lopsided crystal so I sold it for a $20 loss. Told Mr. Chen about it and then emailed and asked for a little discount to replace it with one that had been QC'd. Never heard back from him. I guess I'm done with him as a dealer too.

sconehead
I fully intend to skip Phase 3 entirely. There's a few Breits I like, but they really don't inspire me.

Come on Greg, everyone needs at least one Navitimer!

Col.

Actually, there's 3 Breits that appeal to me and the Navi is one of 'em. On my list. The other two are the SOH and the Flying B (just not at $550).

Have you ever seen a BCE V2 updated dw in the flesh? I can't stress how much they ooze quality, it's the best rep I've had 'out the box' by far... :tomaatit:

greg_r
Have you ever seen a BCE V2 updated dw in the flesh? I can't stress how much they ooze quality, it's the best rep I've had 'out the box' by far... :tomaatit:

Nope, but I've seen a gen, and it's not a watch that appeals to me... Like I said, not a big Breit fan.

JohnG
Nope, but I've seen a gen, and it's not a watch that appeals to me... Like I said, not a big Breit fan.

Laste bloomer

AllergyDoc
I was thinking:

Phase I - Anything with Rolex on it ("I have a Rolex!")

Phase II - Since they're so cheap, more Rolexes, usually better quality

Phase III - "Everyone has a Rolex! I want something different." Usually after spending too much time on watch boards staring at other watch brands and letting yourself be influenced by others' likes and dislikes.

Phase IV - Tiring of buying and selling reps, and being disappointed. Willing to buy "super reps" now. The thinking is, "I'll just collect and wear a few really good reps."

Phase V - Getting very bored now. Selling off less-worn reps (even though you hate shipping watches by now).

Phase VI - Done with reps. Hangs on to favorites and lets the rest sit in watch box or gives them away. Favorites are usually Rolexes by now because, well, they fit and wear better and aren't so big as to attract unwanted attention. May buy a gen or two.

Initial brand doesn't have to be Rolex, but it usually is.

Damn, handsome AND smart!

dingle
I was thinking:

Phase III - "Everyone has a Rolex! I want something different." Usually after spending too much time on watch boards staring at other watch brands and letting yourself be influenced by others' likes and dislikes.

Phase IV - Tiring of buying and selling reps, and being disappointed. Willing to buy "super reps" now. The thinking is, "I'll just collect and wear a few really good reps."

Phase V - Getting very bored now. Selling off less-worn reps (even though you hate shipping watches by now).

Phase VI - Done with reps. Hangs on to favorites and lets the rest sit in watch box or gives them away. Favorites are usually Rolexes by now because, well, they fit and wear better and aren't so big as to attract unwanted attention. May buy a gen or two.

thanks AD

houndoggie
I was thinking:

bears repeating!!!

BRAVO.. very accurate and succinct. I am Phase VI.. to a "T" except insert Omega for Rolex.. Yep.. I even felt that I need smaller watches. 45mm and below.

AllergyDoc
I'm in Phase V. :thumbsup: Just about done.

I relapsed. beer%20jumer.gif

:ninja: Is this Jabba the Hut? What possible use could there be for a Jabba the Hut smilie?

Member X

LOL

I'm sure there are some uses - we just haven't thought of them yet :P

I'm not sure I'm anywhere on that list - my BK SD will be my first Rolex when it finally arrives, I've gone the homage route instead :P

I think I'd prefer to pay a bit more for something that's nearer 'super rep' but with Mary on board, we don't even have to pay the usual inflated prices ;):vomit:

trailboss99
:vomit: Is this Jabba the Hut? What possible use could there be for a Jabba the Hut smilie?

Who cares? The important thing here is that we have the best, most extensive collection of smilies in all of repdom!

Col.

fakemaster

1. Obsession

2. Disappointment

3. Education

4. Appreciation

5. Boredom

JohnG

After reps and gens is a more elevated plane - HOMAGES. This is the most advanced stage of watch collecting, it is the FINAL DESTINATION.

dingle
:jabbahut: Is this Jabba the Hut? What possible use could there be for a Jabba the Hut smilie?

Who cares? The important thing here is that we have the best, most extensive collection of smilies in all of repdom!

Col.

I love the smilies here. :irish_dance:

Member X

So do I! :irish_dance: :jabbahut: :irish_dance::irish_dance:

greg_r
:jabbahut: Is this Jabba the Hut? What possible use could there be for a Jabba the Hut smilie?

*Because*

:irish_dance:

dingle
:irish_dance: Is this Jabba the Hut? What possible use could there be for a Jabba the Hut smilie?

*Because*

:irish_dance:

:irish_dance: this is exactly what happened to me yesterday. greg yanked me back over here. :jabbahut:

AllergyDoc
After reps and gens is a more elevated plane - HOMAGES. This is the most advanced stage of watch collecting, it is the FINAL DESTINATION.

It's a cheaper version of the final stage: cheapo gens. :monkeyspank: