Sign in to follow this  
bernarddevos

ndtradingcorp.com

bernarddevos

Hi,

Ordered a Rolex 1680 dial at tradingcorp.com, paid the dial by bank wire and now they don't respond to my e-mails since more than a week.

I am not accusing Natalie of anything but I find it confusing that after transferring 340 USD for a dial I don't get any response to my e-mails.

Is this normal and do I have to wait until NDT considers I've waited long enough or is something wrong at NDT?

Best regards,

Bernard

gtwc

Sorry to hear this - but why oh why, if after joining RWG more than a month ago, did you not read more and use

one of our TDs (Trusted Dealers)?

You may have just learnt an expensive lesson.

SSTEEL

Sorry, but no sympathy from me.

andygt

Ndtrading have been about for years and are fine - you'll get your stuff, mate.

DG335
Sorry, but no sympathy from me.

Well maybe a little......?

Ok none at all... Should've done a little reading first

andygt

Don't think its him who needs to learn....

bernarddevos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reactions.

Just wanted to add that NDT is mentioned in a lot of posts from well respected members on this forum.

So I did do my homework ( I think ).

Had the choice between Yuki, jewelryandwatch and NDT.

I am not saying that NDT is trying to ripp me off ( maybe posting in the scam section was a bad idea, I agree ).

I was just wandering if this kind of policy is normal.

I am new here, also agree on that, as everyone of us was at some point, even you SSTEEL.

I have no problem with your " no sympathy " post, could have been a little more constructive, but hey....

Thanks for reassuring me, Andygt

All the best.

Great forum.

Bernard

Edited by bernarddevos

DG335

Northern Rock traded for many years.....

andygt

So what? Guess we shouldn't buy from anyone on the internet then eh?

James.

So what? Guess we shouldn't buy from anyone on the internet then eh?

I recommend no one even use the internet. 80% of the time, you'll be scammed 100% of the time. Science.

BentleySharp

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reactions.

Just wanted to add that NDT is mentioned in a lot of posts from well respected members on this forum.

So I did do my homework ( I think ).

Had the choice between Yuki, jewelryandwatch and NDT.

I am not saying that NDT is trying to ripp me off ( maybe posting in the scam section was a bad idea, I agree ).

I was just wandering if this kind of policy is normal.

I am new here, also agree on that, as everyone of us was at some point, even you SSTEEL.

I have no problem with your " no sympathy " post, could have been a little more constructive, but hey....

Thanks for reassuring me, Andygt

All the best.

Great forum.

Bernard

Hi Bernard.

Here's the thing.

The reason some of the members are giving you a hard time is because of all 3 of the dealers you just mentioned (Yuki, jewelryandwatch and NDT), Absolutely none of them are on our "Trusted Dealer" list. I have no doubt that you probably read some posts where people were talking about having good experiences with one or some of the above dealers, but you probably haven't done as much "homework" as you claim to have done, or you would know the following:

Sure, There are plenty of people on the internet who do legitimate and honest business. But there are also so many scammers (And legitimate businesses that for whatever reason, decide to 'fly by night' and one day just up and leave with $1000's of dollars in orders), that it is impossible to keep track of them all. The "Trusted Dealer" list is there because those dealers in particular have a special agreement with the RWG staff to resolve disputes, replace DOA watches, sometimes replace customs siezures, ...etc...etc and they actively work with the RWG staff in doing so. They are held to an exacting set of operating criteria. In return for their co-operation, They get the benifit of having a coveted spot on the RWG "TD" list and all the sales from the 44,000 RWG members.

The dealers you mentioned aren't on the "TD" list, so while they my be a good dealer, and do honest business, If there is a problem, like the one you seem to be having, then there is nothing the RWG moderators can do in any 'official' capacity. Your pretty much on your own.

So buy from whomever you want, But the added layer of security is the reason why I (and most members here) only use the dealers on the "Trusted Dealer" list.

James.

Yuki is a TD next door, and on RG I think.

J&W won't be a TD because no one would really be able to afford to buy a lot of their product (They sell $20k PP reps, $5k+ rolex reps, etc etc, gen dial, movement type of "reps" ;) ) but apparently come with a gleaming reputation and would be a TD if they'd actually get any business from it, which they wouldn't, anyone who knows about their site knows its safe and prospective customers don't require them to be a TD to buy from them because of their reputation.

I can't speak for the 3rd site, i've never heard of. The thing is, there are many, many sites not on the TD list that are perfectly safe. The trick is knowing what's safe and what's not, and not falling for a scam copy site. Hence the incessant plugging of "only buy from a TD" here, because that's the safest, easiest way for someone who doesn't really know what they're doing, to get a rep safely. In a few years time, once you know what's what on reps, you'll be able to traverse the non-TD sites with a lot better ability.

Thus endeth today's lesson.

Amen.

bernarddevos

Thanks for your very informative reply, BentleySharp.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and I also understand why it's safer to work with TD's.

I visited almost all of there showrooms. BK, TC, RolecAddict, Kuvarsit, perfectclones,....

Thing is that I wanted to have RolexAddict (JJ) to build me a great Rolex 1680 red.

For that I needed not only a watch but I also wanted a great looking vintage 1680 red dial.

JJ agreed on building the watch for me. Watch would come from Kuvarsit ( TD ) and for the dial I asked JJ if NDT would be a good option.

He confirmed NDT had top dials.

So I contacted NDT. Natalie immediately responded, I ordered the dial, rest is known history.

There are great TD's on RWG but I don't know if any of them is also selling Rolex dials.

As I mentioned before, NDT is showing up in a lot off post and always in a positive way.

So maybe I made a mistake, but then again, when I get comments suggesting I had it coming, I wander what's the purpose of this site.

I only wanted to ask if someone had the same non-responding problem with NDT. That's all.

"Members giving me a hard time"? That's a little funny, BentleySharp.

Thanks giving me some of your time for a constructive answer.

Regards,

Bernard

Sparkal
Yuki is a TD next door, and on RG I think.

J&W won't be a TD because no one would really be able to afford to buy a lot of their product (They sell $20k PP reps, $5k+ rolex reps, etc etc, gen dial, movement type of "reps" ;) ) but apparently come with a gleaming reputation and would be a TD if they'd actually get any business from it, which they wouldn't, anyone who knows about their site knows its safe and prospective customers don't require them to be a TD to buy from them because of their reputation.

I can't speak for the 3rd site, i've never heard of. The thing is, there are many, many sites not on the TD list that are perfectly safe. The trick is knowing what's safe and what's not, and not falling for a scam copy site. Hence the incessant plugging of "only buy from a TD" here, because that's the safest, easiest way for someone who doesn't really know what they're doing, to get a rep safely. In a few years time, once you know what's what on reps, you'll be able to traverse the non-TD sites with a lot better ability.

Thus endeth today's lesson.

Amen.

And then the angels Rejoice in exultation to the learned one.

Man I have missed your posts sem

BentleySharp

Thanks for your very informative reply, BentleySharp.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and I also understand why it's safer to work with TD's.

I visited almost all of there showrooms. BK, TC, RolecAddict, Kuvarsit, perfectclones,....

Thing is that I wanted to have RolexAddict (JJ) to build me a great Rolex 1680 red.

For that I needed not only a watch but I also wanted a great looking vintage 1680 red dial.

JJ agreed on building the watch for me. Watch would come from Kuvarsit ( TD ) and for the dial I asked JJ if NDT would be a good option.

He confirmed NDT had top dials.

So I contacted NDT. Natalie immediately responded, I ordered the dial, rest is known history.

There are great TD's on RWG but I don't know if any of them is also selling Rolex dials.

As I mentioned before, NDT is showing up in a lot off post and always in a positive way.

So maybe I made a mistake, but then again, when I get comments suggesting I had it coming, I wander what's the purpose of this site.

I only wanted to ask if someone had the same non-responding problem with NDT. That's all.

"Members giving me a hard time"? That's a little funny, BentleySharp.

Thanks giving me some of your time for a constructive answer.

Regards,

Bernard

Well, Maybe I was wrong. Looks like you DID do your homework :boxedin: . And it looks as though if everything comes together well for you, you'll have a stunner of a watch (would love to see pics when it's all said and done).

I haven't personally had any transactions with the above sites so i don't want to comment directly on their reliability, but AndyGT said previously:

I would trust his opinion. AndyGT has ALSO been around for years :) and if he says your golden, then you can take yourself to the bank :)

bernarddevos

Wow, this topic just got the "hot" status. :)

Just got an e-mail from JJ ( in french, great language ) confirming that Natalie from NDT has the habit of being rather lazy in responding to her e-mails.

So maybe, I am making a big deal out of nothing.

Let's hope so.

In the mean while thanks to everyone for your constructive ( and even less constructive, no offence SSTEEL, as a "+5000 post"- member you earned that right ) replies.

Bernard

RichardMiami

Extra credit lesson:

There is one more thing which needs to be considered. It is true that you can buy anything you want, anywhere you want. BUT, if you have a dispute with anyone other than one of our Trusted Dealers, you are on your own.

When you have an issue with one of OUR TDs, you can contact a Moderator and we will try to help you out. Our success rate in this, while not perfect, is usually very good. When you buy from anyone else and have a problem, we can not help you.

baxter

Wow, this topic just got the "hot" status. :)

Just got an e-mail from JJ ( in french, great language ) confirming that Natalie from NDT has the habit of being rather lazy in responding to her e-mails.

So maybe, I am making a big deal out of nothing.

Let's hope so.

In the mean while thanks to everyone for your constructive ( and even less constructive, no offence SSTEEL, as a "+5000 post"- member you earned that right ) replies.

Bernard

Think you'll be just fine Bernard - NDT are well established and one of the go to places for top end dials and parts ... i have had discussions with a few well thought of modders who always give NDT as an option for parts.

Looking forward to seeing the 1680 when it's done :)

bernarddevos

Thanks, Baxter.

Confirms what I was saying.

Thanks RichardMiami, you made your point, buying from someone other then a TD, don't count on any help from RWG-moderators.

Wasn't asking RWG to negociate for me with NDT but no problem.

Was just asking members if they had the same experience with NDT. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bernard

Cyril_Clunge

It is a simple fact of life that if you wish to "push the envelope" of this hobby then you are going to end up buying from all sorts of suppliers. It's all very well people who have been here 5 minutes and who think they know it all spouting off about only buying from TDs or else, but what these self appointed "experts" fail to appreciate is that not being a TD does not automatically equate to being a spammer. There are a multitude of companies out there that are perfectly reputable but would never in a million years wish to be linked to a replica watch forum. There is a big world out there away from this site, it's not difficult to do homework, both on here and on the rest of the internet, and then buy with confidence from a number of places. I have bought numerous things from Yuki, NDT and Phong and never had a problem.

Wriggles

It's all very well people who have been here 5 minutes and who think they know it all spouting off about only buying from TDs or else, but what these self appointed "experts" fail to appreciate is that not being a TD does not automatically equate to being a spammer.

+1000000000

Wriggles

Hi Bernard.

Here's the thing.

The reason some of the members are giving you a hard time is because of all 3 of the dealers you just mentioned (Yuki, jewelryandwatch and NDT), Absolutely none of them are on our "Trusted Dealer" list. I have no doubt that you probably read some posts where people were talking about having good experiences with one or some of the above dealers, but you probably haven't done as much "homework" as you claim to have done, or you would know the following:

Sure, There are plenty of people on the internet who do legitimate and honest business. But there are also so many scammers (And legitimate businesses that for whatever reason, decide to 'fly by night' and one day just up and leave with $1000's of dollars in orders), that it is impossible to keep track of them all. The "Trusted Dealer" list is there because those dealers in particular have a special agreement with the RWG staff to resolve disputes, replace DOA watches, sometimes replace customs siezures, ...etc...etc and they actively work with the RWG staff in doing so. They are held to an exacting set of operating criteria. In return for their co-operation, They get the benifit of having a coveted spot on the RWG "TD" list and all the sales from the 44,000 RWG members.

The dealers you mentioned aren't on the "TD" list, so while they my be a good dealer, and do honest business, If there is a problem, like the one you seem to be having, then there is nothing the RWG moderators can do in any 'official' capacity. Your pretty much on your own.

So buy from whomever you want, But the added layer of security is the reason why I (and most members here) only use the dealers on the "Trusted Dealer" list.

:picard2:

BentleySharp

Hi Bernard.

Here's the thing.

:picard2:

What? What did i say that was just so awful it deserves the infamous "facepalm" ?

If you were to read what i wrote, All i am essentially saying is that if something bad happens, the moderators cant do much about it unless it's a TD.

Don't try to make it look like i'm saying something I'm not and these people in question are "spammers" or "not to be trusted".

I said nothing of the like.

P.S. Don't ever critisize a newbie or a "noob" for not reading if you can't even read an entire post without jumping to some kind of hairbrained conclusion and posting a response.

Realism
:popcorn:

jerkstore
It is a simple fact of life that if you wish to "push the envelope" of this hobby then you are going to end up buying from all sorts of suppliers.

+1. Especially if you want a quality vintage watch, you often have to venture out into the wild. Almost without exception, a TD vintage watch is no more than a decent base to start from.