Sign in to follow this  
bernarddevos

ndtradingcorp.com

BentleySharp
It is a simple fact of life that if you wish to "push the envelope" of this hobby then you are going to end up buying from all sorts of suppliers.

+1. Especially if you want a quality vintage watch, you often have to venture out into the wild. Almost without exception, a TD vintage watch is no more than a decent base to start from.

Absolutely true. A TD might sell something labeled as "vintage" but that may only mean it's in a vintage 'style' or just means the gen is discontinued. There is a whole world of modders and fabricators and franken-builders out there (Which I am just starting to get interested in myself as i plan to franken build part of my new Cartier that's on it's way) which I am very excited about. It does become rather foggy out there though without the protective umbrella of the RWG to shield one from potentially bad business, So, good references and word of mouth are golden :)

trailboss99

Sorry to hear this - but why oh why, if after joining RWG more than a month ago, did you not read more and use

one of our TDs (Trusted Dealers)?

You may have just learnt an expensive lesson.

Um guys what are you on (about)?

NDT are not trusted but are perfectly trustable. They have been around this scene longer than most of you lot that's for sure.

As CC and Rich said, you won't get help if it does go south but the chances of that are very small indeed. Should NDT wish to come on board here they would be welcome.

Not sure why the initial "you're doooooomed" posts, I can only assume it was (literal) ignorance at work and that whoever it was who said they may be the ones who need to learn is indeed correct.

Mazz

+ to what TB said

gtwc

Sorry to hear this - but why oh why, if after joining RWG more than a month ago, did you not read more and use

one of our TDs (Trusted Dealers)?

You may have just learnt an expensive lesson.

Um guys what are you on (about)?

NDT are not trusted but are perfectly trustable. They have been around this scene longer than most of you lot that's for sure.

As CC and Rich said, you won't get help if it does go south but the chances of that are very small indeed. Should NDT wish to come on board here they would be welcome.

Not sure why the initial "you're doooooomed" posts, I can only assume it was (literal) ignorance at work and that whoever it was who said they may be the ones who need to learn is indeed correct.

OK TB, I stand up and defend my post.

Maybe I am ignorant (in many ways) and certainly am ignorant of ever having heard of any of the afore-mentioned companies

that the OP spoke about in his original post.

H'ever, I have seen numerous, indeed hundreds, of posts where a 'plaintiff' (for want of a better word) has moaned about the possibility

of being scammed (iparadisiac springs to mind....).

All I did (due to my ignorance) was encourage the OP to read more (my bad) and use our TDs (apparently my bad as well....).

At no time was I rude or derogatory.

Pull yer neck in TB.

Odyseus

Hi Bernard.

Here's the thing.

The reason some of the members are giving you a hard time is because of all 3 of the dealers you just mentioned (Yuki, jewelryandwatch and NDT), Absolutely none of them are on our "Trusted Dealer" list. I have no doubt that you probably read some posts where people were talking about having good experiences with one or some of the above dealers, but you probably haven't done as much "homework" as you claim to have done, or you would know the following:

Sure, There are plenty of people on the internet who do legitimate and honest business. But there are also so many scammers (And legitimate businesses that for whatever reason, decide to 'fly by night' and one day just up and leave with $1000's of dollars in orders), that it is impossible to keep track of them all. The "Trusted Dealer" list is there because those dealers in particular have a special agreement with the RWG staff to resolve disputes, replace DOA watches, sometimes replace customs siezures, ...etc...etc and they actively work with the RWG staff in doing so. They are held to an exacting set of operating criteria. In return for their co-operation, They get the benifit of having a coveted spot on the RWG "TD" list and all the sales from the 44,000 RWG members.

The dealers you mentioned aren't on the "TD" list, so while they my be a good dealer, and do honest business, If there is a problem, like the one you seem to be having, then there is nothing the RWG moderators can do in any 'official' capacity. Your pretty much on your own.

So buy from whomever you want, But the added layer of security is the reason why I (and most members here) only use the dealers on the "Trusted Dealer" list.

:picard2:

What? What did i say that was just so awful it deserves the infamous "facepalm" ?

If you were to read what i wrote, All i am essentially saying is that if something bad happens, the moderators cant do much about it unless it's a TD.

Don't try to make it look like i'm saying something I'm not and these people in question are "spammers" or "not to be trusted".

I said nothing of the like.

P.S. Don't ever critisize a newbie or a "noob" for not reading if you can't even read an entire post without jumping to some kind of hairbrained conclusion and posting a response.

You did say "Absolutely none of them are on our "Trusted Dealer" list." Which really is implying they are not, when they are well known parts suppliers, if you had been around the forums a bit longer you would have come across these dealers , especially on RWI where there appear to be more moderns and tinkerers

gtwc

Dear Odyseus,

+ 1 to Bentley Sharp.

Those mentioned 'ARE NOT ON OUR TRUSTED DEALER LIST.'

Which (to quote you) 'really is implying that they are not'.

Correct.

I am trying to understand why I came in from criticism from TB (I can take it) and why BS gets flamed for

stating the bleeding obvious.

It seems to me that it is one thing to be a member of this forum (3 and a 1/2 years and counting) and quite

simply another to know all the 'ins / outs / super-modders' etc.

Pardon my fucking ignorance.

BentleySharp

You know, I was going to write a reply to Oysseus, but then I realized, He really wasn't saying anything contrary to what i was saying. The way his post reads it looks at first like he's disagreeing or arguing with my statement, but then goes on to explain that .....you know. I'm not really sure.

The point being that regardless of how trustworthy and honest these businesses in question are, They are not on the "Trusted Dealer" list. I'm sorry, but they're not. I think that maybe people are focusing on the wrong thing here.

Perhaps "Trusted Dealers" is a poor name for the list, because it implies that if you are not on the list, then you can't be trusted (I think this is the point that Odysseus is kind of meandering around)

Maybe it should be called something like the "Recommended Dealers" list. that way, all these businesses that are not on it (but can still be 'trusted') won't be shown in a negative light.

JUST AN IDEA! Dont chop my head off over it.

ads-1991

You know, I was going to write a reply to Oysseus, but then I realized, He really wasn't saying anything contrary to what i was saying. The way his post reads it looks at first like he's disagreeing or arguing with my statement, but then goes on to explain that .....you know. I'm not really sure.

The point being that regardless of how trustworthy and honest these businesses in question are, They are not on the "Trusted Dealer" list. I'm sorry, but they're not. I think that maybe people are focusing on the wrong thing here.

Perhaps "Trusted Dealers" is a poor name for the list, because it implies that if you are not on the list, then you can't be trusted (I think this is the point that Odysseus is kind of meandering around)

Maybe it should be called something like the "Recommended Dealers" list. that way, all these businesses that are not on it (but can still be 'trusted') won't be shown in a negative light.

I know what you are saying, but there is no need to rename the Trusted Dealers section as they are the Trusted Dealers with RWG and they are "trusted". Over at RWI they have different Trusted dealers in which some dealers RWG would probably never have on this site. The Reason they are called Trusted dealers on both sites is because if there happens to be a problem, as you know there is a very high percentage chance the Mods will be able to help with resolving the issue. Different Sites have different TD's for different reasons :) Remember here that the Trusted Dealers do not have to pay to be on the boards, they are here for free unlike many other forums because they are exceptional sellers.

A high percentage of other sites on the net are also legit, but they do not deserve a place on these forums for many different reasons. The OP mentioned that JJ emailed him saying that Natalie has a habit of being lazy with responding to her emails, this would be one of the reasons why they are not a TD here. We need to remember that a lot of the people joining this forum are joining due to being a little paranoid and are not wanting to get ripped off or scammed. If for example NDT were on the TD list and the new member didn't get an email back for over a week, there would be so many negative comments on this forum from the new members and would therefore create a big problem for the mods/admin and even RWG itself. The Trusted Dealers here have great after-sales service and normally get back to you within 24 hours, sometimes within a few minutes! That's how good their service is, which is why they are on the TD list.

NDT are fine as mentioned, maybe lacking a little on the communication side of things, but that isn't a bad thing really as long as they are delivering.

ReplicaFromDownunder

GLWS

Odyseus

I'm certainly not going to chop your head over it ;) as I pointed out these businesses are better known on the other forums ie RWI and Rag where modding is more prolific. Yuki are a well known legitimate source of gen Rolex parts case, dials etc. you wouldn't expect to see Cousins or Ofrei on the TD list?? the Mod's would go into melt down ;)

It is worth taking a look at the other forums for the wealth of other info on them (and of course other TD's)

DeLaForce

Natalie is really hot too ;)

baxter

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

BentleySharp

:ttiwwop:

DeLaForce

It's her on the right I promise, the blonde is tied up in other elements of the business :)

7e86057c0530de79dd0b7b8be2ecbad0_zps4d54c965.jpg

BentleySharp

wow.

Point proven, I'd say :)

sconehead

It's her on the right I promise, the blonde is tied up in other elements of the business :)

wow.

...I call ladyboys...:Whistle:

onionbag

wow.

...I call ladyboys... :Whistle:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.................the voice of experience. :lol:

BentleySharp

wow.

What! Noooooooooo.... noooooooooo..... Ohhh say it ain't so.

Well, I'm secure enough and not ashamed to say it. That's a sexy ass man :lol:

myaz

So maybe I made a mistake, but then again, when I get comments suggesting I had it coming, I wander what's the purpose of this site.

Remember that though we are moderated, it's not as rigid as elsewhere. This makes RWG more lively and fun (one of the purposes) because the anonymity of the internet allows many to post straight from the hip. Don't take it too seriously but roll with it. :heffalump:

fatarms

GLWS

:lmao2:

bernarddevos

Hi everybody,

Got an e-mail from Natalie today saying she ran out of stock and that the dial would be shipped tomorrow.

Good news. She also apologized for the lack in communication.

Kind regards,

Bernard

Realism

^ ask for a discount

don_killuminati
Hi everybody,

Got an e-mail from Natalie today saying she ran out of stock and that the dial would be shipped tomorrow.

Good news. She also apologized for the lack in communication.

Kind regards,

Bernard

good to hear everything is now A-OK, keep us posted

from a fellow newbie- CHEERS!!!!!

Odyseus

wow.

When they look that good, who cares??

bernarddevos

Just received my 1680 Red dial from Natalie.

Had to wait a long time for it but I must say it looks amazing.

Thanks to all for the good advice.

Bernard