Sign in to follow this  
nev848

Strange one this what's your thoughts??

nev848

Looking for an IWC Pilot and come across this on EBay. This is from London

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131053069351

Strange thing is I found this on Time Zone whilst searching Google Images. This is in Hong Kong.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6647409&rid=0#msg_6647409

Now this is obviously an expensive wrist hanger so would you be selling it with no reserve as on TZ he is asking nearly $21,000?

I have sent a message to the EBay seller. Bet I don't get a reply. What do you guys think?

onionbag

Looking at the listing on TZ the seller is Jonathan Kiu the proprieter of strap-works, he has some feedback on WatchNet for watch sales, and of course his strap business is well known.

Here's a link to his reference page on Paneristi.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353390/thread/1378220816/last-1378649649/Referece+Check+for+Jonathan+Kiu+of+Strap-Works

nev848
Looking at the listing on TZ the seller is Jonathan Kiu the proprieter of strap-works, he has some feedback on WatchNet for watch sales, and of course his strap business is well known.

Here's a link to his reference page on Paneristi.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353390/thread/1378220816/last-1378649649/Referece+Check+for+Jonathan+Kiu+of+Strap-Works

So why is the same watch with the same pics being sold by Baby_lou7 from London on EBay. That's the suspicious bit?

seclark007

people steal good pics to use to sell shit product...not saying that's the case, but plausable

nev848
people steal good pics to use to sell shit product...not saying that's the case, but plausable

Yep agree 100% but would you sell a $22,000 watch on EBay with no reserve?

nev848

Well I sent the seller a challenging message and contacted EBay. Guess what the seller pulled the sale.

Well saved one poor sole nearly 2 grand.

BentleySharp

Interesting.

Some intellegent discussion here.

You know, when I posted a thread like this, about a watch on ebay being sold as gen, but i thought it may actually be rep, all I got were assy responses like "I cant be the ebay watch police" and "I dont have time to look at every watch on ebay" and "that watch is ugly so i dont care".

I was trying to provoke some intellectual debate about a watches authenticity but all I got was Mouth-Diahrea from everyone.

What gives?

nev848
Interesting.

You know, when I posted a thread like this, about a watch on ebay being sold as gen, but i thought it may actually be rep, all I got were assy responses like "I cant be the ebay watch police" and "I dont have time to look at every watch on ebay" and "that watch is ugly so i dont care".

I was trying to provoke some intellectual debate about a watches authenticity but all I got was Mouth-Diahrea from everyone.

What gives?

Not sure Bentley... I have posted a few over my time and all have been proved to be scams. I was after buying a Gen IWC and this one caught my eye. It looked to good to be true so did some searching and found several sales threads for the same watch with the same pics. This was more about protecting myself from bidding on a scam then being as you said the EBay police.

BentleySharp
Interesting.

What gives?

Not sure Bentley... I have posted a few over my time and all have been proved to be scams. I was after buying a Gen IWC and this one caught my eye. It looked to good to be true so did some searching and found several sales threads for the same watch with the same pics. This was more about protecting myself from bidding on a scam then being as you said the EBay police.

Personally, I am at a point where I wont buy anything from Ebay where the item's authenticity is a selling point IE: Designer Clothing/Accesories, Watches, Rare Collectables, Etc...Etc... I Have got burned in the past when buying some designer label polo shirts on Ebay and got cheap asian sweatshop bootlegs instead. Lost a deal of money in that one. So I was rather miffed when I was thinking about giving it a second chance, was looking at buying a particular gen watch from Ebay, and everyone just wanted to shit all over my post here when I asked if they thought it was a gen or not. So, I just wont do it anymore. I might miss out on a good deal or two, but then again, I might get ripped off again too. Better to aire on the side of caution from now on i feel.

Good luck on your search for a Gen IWC. I have their Catalog for 2013/2014 and it's absolutely amazing :)

BentleySharp

One of my favorites from the 2013/2014 Catalog :) Enjoy!

IWC-Ingenieur-Carbon-Duo.jpg

nev848

I wouldn't worry about the thread crappers on here buddy... Just laugh at those comments as you will always get a few sensible answers thrown in. If you find something you like on eBay and need a second opinion then ask the questions.

nev848

Wow more carbon than a F1 car :) I'm really want a plain pilot with a more classic look.

gtwc

Dear Bentley S -

I always enjoy your posts 'cos you seem to have more to say than the multitude on here.

Sometimes thought provoking.

H'ever - those IWCs are a pair of ugly muthafuckin' carbon assed bitches !!!

EEEEEuggghh.

HeavyKrush

Sorry B, gotta go with gt on this one, those are some ugly fucking watches mate.

nev848
Sorry B, gotta go with gt on this one, those are some ugly fucking watches mate.

That's what I said but in a polite manner :)

deathnote

Dear Bentley S -

I always enjoy your posts 'cos you seem to have more to say than the multitude on here.

Sometimes thought provoking.

H'ever - those IWCs are a pair of ugly muthafuckin' carbon assed bitches !!!

EEEEEuggghh.

+1, a couple of hideous pieces. I love IWC for their simple and minimalistic watch designs and I think it should stay that way.

Kleen™

To each his own, but to me it looks like IWC of today is going the (de)route of Hublot. IWC is one of my all-time-fav'rite brands, but all of their 'iconic designs' are pre-Richemont (circa 2000)..

deathnote

To each his own, but to me it looks like IWC of today is going the (de)route of Hublot. IWC is one of my all-time-fav'rite brands, but all of their 'iconic designs' are pre-Richemont (circa 2000)..

Hmmm...I read somewhere that Richemont allows all the watch companies it owns to operate autonomously, maybe they have a new crappy design team ?

Edited by deathnote

BentleySharp

:lol: ok, ok ....so the carbon fiber isn't a big hit. That's ok. :lol:

I actually could'nt see myself wearing one of these,(They are at complete odds with my style, normally favoring dress watches, Cartier, and the like) but i do like them. They're so 'space age'. They remind me of the new carbon fiber track racing bicycles or new F1 cars like nev said. They would go well if you were actually riding a carbon fiber bike or driving an F1 or even a streetrod with a carbon fiber hood and body kit, but every day, sadly, no.

Kleen™

Hmmm...I read somewhere that Richemont allows all the watch companies it owns to operate autonomously, maybe they have a new crappy design team ?

They do. But faced with every business' demand for generating profit for their shareholders, more often than not, you will see assimilated companies following the more commercial recipe to meet those demands.