Sign in to follow this  
millionaire wannabe

Harry Winston Opus 5 rep, anyone buy one lately?

millionaire wannabe

I found this on one of the TD's sites, MUST Have it!!!!!!!!!!! Just beginning research on it, but before I buy I'm interested in getting opinions and reviews here, especially on reliability. This watch is priority 1 on my wish list, might be the crown jewel of my collection, besides gen Accutron and rep DSSD

onionbag

Linky?

greg_r

At which TD have you found this? I was not aware that this watch had been repped...

millionaire wannabe

It's at vipwr.com

Higs

It's at vipwr.com

Avoid.

millionaire wannabe

Thanks for the advice.

James.

Admins been updating the TD list? Last I checked these folk aren't there.

Link? Can I make a wild assumption that the "photo" on their page is that of a Gen?

greg_r

It's at vipwr.com

That is NOT a TD.. The photos are of the gen. The watch has not been repped and, frankly, is never likely to be due to the complexity of the movement.

Stick to the trusted dealers!!!

Kleen™

I think OP should buy it and do a full review...;-)

Wriggles

I think OP should buy it and do a full review...;-)

+1000

millionaire wannabe

I'm quite new here. A few days ago, when I joined, this company was on the TD list. Yes, I noticed they're not on the TD list now, just a few days later. So, I find out about this company here, then check out some watches, only to discover they're no longer trusted or ?????? Something happened? I will research the forum to see how the TD list works.

On another note, I strongly agree about the pics looking like gen/gen co. Advert. Pics. And the unlikelyhood of being able to replicate such an original movement, let alone for a few hundred bucks. I left off buying reps for a few years, then the obsession returned after buying a rep Rolex a few years back, the quality was so much better than before, I was hooked and had to try more. About 20 watches later, I'm still learning about these, what I call, "new generation" reps. I guess I was just too hopeful, a little bit of an eager beaver there, like WOOhOO I can put a watch on my wrist that costs as much as a house! :D

I'm no expert, but I know a thing or two about watches. Been collecting since I was a kid. But these new high end complications suchas in Harry Winston pieces are freaking unreal. Thanks to all replies that were helpful, glad to straighten out my knowledge and bring me up to speed on one aspect of modern horology. If I someday rise to the level of the jedi master yoda ninjas here, will try to do the same and help out newbies. Until then, I may occasionally refer to my DSSD as "my precious" lol....

Arism

Think you are mistaken :)

"vipwr.com" was never on the TD list and I don't think will ever be.

greg_r

I'm quite new here. A few days ago, when I joined, this company was on the TD list. Yes, I noticed they're not on the TD list now, just a few days later.

Wrong. They have NEVER been on the TD list and, given that they're an obvious scam, are never likely to be (note that I wrote the TD list). You most certainly did not learn about that site from here.

AndyBlue

I'm quite new here. A few days ago, when I joined, this company was on the TD list. Yes, I noticed they're not on the TD list now, just a few days later.

Wrong. They have NEVER been on the TD list and, given that they're an obvious scam, are never likely to be (note that I wrote the TD list). You most certainly did not learn about that site from here.

Like he said, NEVER BEEN ON HERE.

black263

But they must be big players. Their website covers dozens of models that the TDs can't source, and they have 10,000 of every model in stock. Some even have bracelets made out of real leather. And one of the POs has a 600m/2000ft water resistance. None of our boring old TDs can match that. Payment sent. :suck:

millionaire wannabe

Sure. My mistake. OK. I must have clicked on a link at some point that took me way out into left field.

Maybe the link wasn't even here, who knows? I'm over it.