Sign in to follow this  
BentleySharp

Jomashop. Gen Watch Grey Market?

BentleySharp

Jomashop.

http://www.jomashop....CFe3m7AodLkMADw

I was looking for a gen watch online and ran across this website. This place has big swiss brand gens; Breitling, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Omega, Etc...Etc... Also Seiko, Hamilton, Tissot, and Citizen, Etc... And they are selling at anywhere from 20% off to up to more than half price. some Breitlings at 60%!

Ok, I just re-read this. I promise I was not paid off by the people at Jomashop. :P

I found myself wondering; How do they sell for so cheap? Do they just move so much volume that they can afford to cut their profit margins that thin? Is this even Legit?

So I did a search on the forum for "Jomashop". They were referred to somewhere as "Grey Market". What does that mean in the watch industry? They have cheap non-gen chinese movements? They walked out the "Back door" of the factory or "Fell off a truck somewhere" ?

It seemed like there was some contention between members about this place. Why would that be?

What's the deal with Jomashop?

ADDENDUM: The Jomashop website claims they are located in Brooklyn, New York. 140 58th Street. Any New Yorkers heard of this place?

fetasigma

Means they were bought cheaper out of country and smuggled in for resale, prices on a lot of watches vary from country to country

Mike on a bike

I have bought there , been unhappy returned no problem and kept a few. A matter of fact was shopping there just a minute ago.

HeavyKrush

Bought my sons Citizen Blue Angels from there. Arrived today and everything seems in order.

Ilikewaches

They are legit.

HeavyKrush

Just registered my sons watch which has a five year warranty through Jomashop. Blurb from their site...

"Warranty: All products sold on Jomashop.com are guaranteed authentic. Since Jomashop.com does not sell its products through the manufacturer's pricing guidelines; we do not provide the manufacturer’s warranty with the product. Some original packaging may be modified to replace the original warranty as Jomashop.com is not an authorized dealer. The manufacturer’s warranty is replaced with a Jomashop.com warranty. In addition some of our watches will have a security strip which can be removed by the customer upon acceptance of the sale of the watch.

While our merchandise is 100% authentic in its manufacturer’s source and components, but since we are not an authorized distributor, the warranty of the watches is provided by Jomashop and not by the manufacturer. See our warranty section for details."

Jacksongo

Thats definitely very interesting! I will check it out tomorrow and see if something catches my attention which for sure it will happen hahaha

Wriggles

Jomashop.

http://www.jomashop....CFe3m7AodLkMADw

I was looking for a gen watch online and ran across this website. This place has big swiss brand gens; Breitling, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Omega, Etc...Etc... Also Seiko, Hamilton, Tissot, and Citizen, Etc... And they are selling at anywhere from 20% off to up to more than half price. some Breitlings at 60%!

Ok, I just re-read this. I promise I was not paid off by the people at Jomashop. :P

I found myself wondering; How do they sell for so cheap? Do they just move so much volume that they can afford to cut their profit margins that thin? Is this even Legit?

So I did a search on the forum for "Jomashop". They were referred to somewhere as "Grey Market". What does that mean in the watch industry? They have cheap non-gen chinese movements? They walked out the "Back door" of the factory or "Fell off a truck somewhere" ?

It seemed like there was some contention between members about this place. Why would that be?

What's the deal with Jomashop?

ADDENDUM: The Jomashop website claims they are located in Brooklyn, New York. 140 58th Street. Any New Yorkers heard of this place?

but they're not on the TD list, surely you should avoid them, only buy from TD's :rofl:

greg_r

Yup - reliable.

Grey market simply means that the watches they sell were not imported into the US by the official importers. They've bought 'em from overseas and imported 'em themselves. Can often mean much lower pricing - the downside is that the official importers will probably not honour the warranty - you'll have to rely on Jomashop's own warranty. Not really an issue though.

BentleySharp

Great info everyone.

This is just the type of feedback I needed. And I knew this wouldn't be RWG without at least one smart-ass comment :P As a matter of fact, I wouldv'e thought something was wrong if someone didn't have at least one flippant post in every thread. Unless I see a better deal out there for the watches i'm looking for (Doubtful) I'm going to place an order in the next few days with Jomashop. I'll write a thread about my experiences with them so other members who are unsure can decide whether or not to buy from them.

Thanks again to everyone who posted here.

If anyone has any more information they'd like to add, please post your experiences with this company. If not only for me, but for the other people interested in this "non-AD gen watch dealer".

gottahaverolex

I've bought many from Jomashop and never had a single issue. Pricing is fantastic as long as you don't care about the factory warranty. I have a broker that I buy from now but I'd still buy from Jomashop if he couldn't get what I wanted. Go for it

greg_r

FWIW I bought my gen Longines hydro via the grey market. Even though I've had a problem with it and had to send it back for repair under warranty, there has been no hassle doing so.

letti001

Bought a Breitling Colt Ladies for my wife last Spring. Came in original box. No Breitling warranty. If there is an issue, I would need to send it back to JomaShop.

Also note, they match the time frame of the original manufcturer i.e., if the warranty is three years then Joma covers for three years, two years is two years by Joma etc.

I would never buy a rep as a gift, especially for my wife, but I would also never pay full price at the mall. Joma is somewhere in between.

Sal

RichardMiami

Yep. Having lived there for over 50 years, and raised my family there as well, I can attest that Brooklyn, NY most certainly exists! ;)

The address given is in the old Brooklyn Army Terminal - many years ago (WWII) it was a military storage facility on the waterfront (read: FUCKING HUGE). The complex was also known as the U.S. Army Military Ocean Terminal and the Brooklyn Army Base, as part of the New York Port of Embarkation. It was designed by Cass Gilbert and completed in September 1919. It was the largest military supply base in the United States through World War II.

http://en.wikipedia....n_Army_Terminal

Now, it is a collection of many industrial and commercial operations. Evidently Jomashop has space in one of the many buildings there.

Scottie

Great info everyone.

This is just the type of feedback I needed. And I knew this wouldn't be RWG without at least one smart-ass comment :P As a matter of fact, I wouldv'e thought something was wrong if someone didn't have at least one flippant post in every thread. Unless I see a better deal out there for the watches i'm looking for (Doubtful) I'm going to place an order in the next few days with Jomashop. I'll write a thread about my experiences with them so other members who are unsure can decide whether or not to buy from them.

Thanks again to everyone who posted here.

If anyone has any more information they'd like to add, please post your experiences with this company. If not only for me, but for the other people interested in this "non-AD gen watch dealer".

I've purchased about 7 Gens from Jomashop and have never been disappointed!!! They are legit and they sell much less than other distro's. Anytime I've had an issue they have taken care of me. My first purchase was in 2003. Regarding warranties, do not take your watch anywhere to be serviced other than Joma during the Joma warranty period otherwise you void it. That means not even opening the case back. Yes, you have to use their warranty program. I had a problem with my Gen Raymond Weil that was purchased a year and a half prior (chrono hand was stuck). Because it was under warranty through Joma for 2 years I contacted them and had it serviced at no charge! Watch works perfect. If you don't want to pay full price, it's the place to go. Big fan...and no, I don't work for them :)

Boxbrownie

Not all cheap though, not sure about pricing generally in the states but its usually way above here in the UK, they have the Rolex Exp2 white face for $7395 which is about £4900........only last Friday I did a deal on the very same watch at an authorized dealer here (there is NO other kind in the UK) for £4800 and that included two extra links!

Now if I bought that from Jomashop I would have to pay import duty of around 10% and then our jolly old VAT on top of the lot of 20%....not so much of a bargain here of £6500 or more, about a £1000 over list price!

Boxbrownie

Cannot edit for some reason, but should have been

"generally in the states but its usually way below here in the UK"

DFH

I bought one of my 2 gen Rollies there earlier this year - and have bought a few other brand gens from them over the years. 100% legit, great aftercare service in case of problems or dissatisfaction. Recommended - in general, you can't beat their prices...

Mike on a bike

h64515133-2.jpg

Just picked up this one there today.

HeavyKrush
h64515133-2.jpg

that is a sweet looking watch Mike.

Mike on a bike

"osted Today, 06:36 PM

snapback.pngMike on a bike, on 28 November 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

h64515133-2.jpg

that is a sweet looking watch Mike."

Thanks, Specs,

Series Khaki King Scuba Watch Style Dress Movement Automatic Engine Cal. 2834-2 Functions Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date, GMT Case Material Stainless Steel Case Shape Round Case Diameter 41 mm - View the watch size chart Case Back Skeleton Crown Screrw Down Bezel Rotating Ion-plated Dial Color Black Dial Type Analog Dial Markers Arabic Numeral Hands Luminous Silver-tone Luminiscents Hands Bracelet Stainless Steel Band Width 20 mm Clasp Deployment Calendar Date display appears at the 6 o'clock position. Day of the Week displayed at the 12 o'clock position Water Resistant 100 meters/ 330 feet Crystal Sapphire Watch Label Swiss Made

And this one tkFWxrJ.jpg

1. Swiss made
  2. Self-winding automatic movement
  3. 38 hour power reserve
  4. hand-finished 316L stainless steel case
  5. Unique engraved serial number
  6. Transparent case back
  7. Screw-in crown and back plate
  8. Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
  9. Matt finish optic white one-piece dial
  10. Italian leather strap with easy opening butterfly clasp

Technical

1. Diameter: 39mm
  2. Height: 10.8mm
  3. Calibre: Sellita SW200-1
  4. Vibrations: 28,800 vph
  5. Case:316L Stainless steel
  6. Water Resistance: 50 metres
  7. Strap: 18mm black leather
  8. Dial Colour: Optic White

Mike on a bike
Mike on a bike

Finally!!!

$T2eC16h,%21%29QFIb9%29G1v9BS,uCdD7YQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Series: Ningaloo Reef Style: Chronograph Gender: Men's Strap Width: 20mm Case: Polished and brushed stainless steel Dial Color: Black Hands: White and luminous hour and minute. White second and subdial Markers: White and luminous Arabic numerals Clasp Type: Buckle Weight: 98g Case Shape: Round Strap Color: Black Strap Material: Black genuine leather with reptile print Movement: Swiss made automatic chronograph, 25 Jewels Crystal: Sapphire Case Diameter: 40mm Case Thickness: 15mm Water Resistant: 10 ATM/100 meters/330 feet Calendar: Date display at 3:00 Subdials: 30 minute and 12 hour Strap Length: Up to 8.75 inches Case Back: Screw-down exhibition Crown: Push/Pull Material: Genuine leathe

Mike on a bike

Well another Gen on the black Friday sales!

MSUGNZI.jpg

Specs:

color: Black textured Case: Black ion plated stainless steel

Case Back: Screw-down stainless steel

Case Height: 44 mm

Case Shape: Rectangle

Case Thickness: 14 mm

Case Width: 34 mm

Dial Color: Black textured

Hands: Orange and luminous

Markers: Orange and luminous Arabic numerals

Calendar: Date display at 6:00

Crown: Push/pull

Crystal: Sapphire

Material: Leather

Water Resistant: 5 ATM/50 meters/165 feet

Movement: Swiss automatic, ETA 2892

Strap Color: Black

Strap Length: Up to 8.75 inches

Strap Material: Black leather with crocodile pattern

Strap Width: 20 mm (24 mm at widest)

Clasp Type: Buckle

zero_deficit

Savings are enormous for Aussies. I'm getting an RG Tissot for $450 which retails down under for $1200 for the SS version