Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Shipping via an EU country that is not that strict at custom

Eiderdaus

Hi,

got one question. Wouldn´t it be great if a RWG member that lives in a country where the custom rules are not that strict could be a "stopover" ?

I would pay money for that little extra and would happily wait another 5 days but can be sure that the items are coming ? Is there an idea like that already ?

It could be a little extra income for such a member, specially the guys from Germany and Italy would be very happy I guess ?

What you think guys ?

br Eiderdaus

dingle
Hi,

got one question. Wouldn´t it be great if a RWG member that lives in a country where the custom rules are not that strict could be a "stopover" ?

I would pay money for that little extra and would happily wait another 5 days but can be sure that the items are coming ? Is there an idea like that already ?

It could be a little extra income for such a member, specially the guys from Germany and Italy would be very happy I guess ?

What you think guys ?

br Eiderdaus

YES, it is a great idea. I do it on every shipment to me here in the States now. Surely one of our good members will chime in and lend you a hand :lol:

colin

I would like to do it.....but i could see problems, what if it goes missing either before i receive it by customs or lost post ?....or after i post it on ?

greg_r
I would like to do it.....but i could see problems, what if it goes missing either before i receive it by customs or lost post ?....or after i post it on ?

That's the problem.

Many of us have done this for friends on occasion, but doing this on a business footing for members in general could lead to problems - the board would not support this kind of service as we've seen this kind of deal go south before. I'd strongly recommend against it.

Eiderdaus - if you know someone in the UK who might be willing to do this for you, then fine. However, you're more likely to find someone once you've been around for a while and have gotten to know folks a bit better. In the meantime, I suggest that you discuss the matter with whoever you decide to buy from - many will re-ship if an item is seized by customs, but you need to agree terms before you buy. Alternatively - dependent on what you want to buy - you may find that Narikaa can supply. He is based in the UK, so customs are not a problem.

dingle

That's the problem.

Many of us have done this for friends on occasion, but doing this on a business footing for members in general could lead to problems - the board would not support this kind of service as we've seen this kind of deal go south before. I'd strongly recommend against it.

Eiderdaus - if you know someone in the UK who might be willing to do this for you, then fine. However, you're more likely to find someone once you've been around for a while and have gotten to know folks a bit better. In the meantime, I suggest that you discuss the matter with whoever you decide to buy from - many will re-ship if an item is seized by customs, but you need to agree terms before you buy. Alternatively - dependent on what you want to buy - you may find that Narikaa can supply. He is based in the UK, so customs are not a problem.

Good point G. The person would need to be someone who you really, really trust and the buyer would be held responsible for anything that might go wrong. ANYTHING! Definitely consider a local Dealer ( as in Narikaa) before you go this route. I would have done the same, but my "no customs worries" dealer sucked major ass in the timeline department, and now he is no longer available.

To stress Greg's point again , in no way am I condoning this on a business footing for members. This could lead to major problems as stated.

Silverspeed

Best to stick with dealers that ship from the EU. Narikaa usually has the slightly cheaper 21j version and some very rare and hard to find items normally around €90 shipped. And there is also Precious Times (PT) he also ships from the UK and can suply just about any rep available...not just 21j versions but also ETA etc.

Eiderdaus

Where can I see what items Precious Times got ? When I go to his profile I cannot find something. Any help ?

dingle
Where can I see what items Precious Times got ? When I go to his profile I cannot find something. Any help ?

here ya go

http://www.ptswiss88.com/

:)

atmos

here ya go

http://www.ptswiss88.com/

:)

where are the prices there ?

i cannot find how much the watches cost on ptswiss88

greg_r

atmos: you need to email him to request prices.

Member X

I would imagine you can get an idea of prices from the other recommended dealers on here :lol:

Brightlight

I've done this a few times for friends, mainly in Germany, but no way would I do it on a regular or commercial basis. For a start it is an illegal business however you look at it and if you start dealing in quantity, particularly with stuff from China which is already known for counterfeiting in other products and whose traffic tends to be scrutinised more, you don't know what flags this may raise with the authorities, or what the repercussions may be.

onzenuub

Nope, not a good idea. By receiving more packages in one year you will probably be flagged by customs and be handled as a dealer of rep watches> will cost a lot of Euros.