Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

Impulse pin woes, bit of advice please

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys major bit of help needed please, I'm currently working on a vintage AS1130 mvmt (German army watch ww2)

Right, here goes, full strip and clean and lube, rebuilt and I'm reinstalling the balance ( I hate them by the way) I let the balance wheel slide into place and locate it into the lower and upper jewels, it's then that I start to have difficulty in locating the impulse pin into the the pallet fork.

I notice that it seems to be at the 6o'clock position on the balance staff as opposed to let's say the 12o'clock position, anyway I wind the movmt up and give the balance a gentle nudge to get her going, but the balance only oscillated on the spring and didnt engage the pallet fork, a few attempts later after repositioning the balance wheel then rotating the bridge back to its position I managed to get her tick away for about a minute then stop.

On closer inspection to see what was fouling the balance I noticed the the impulse pin complete with its mounting has come off the staff!!!!!!

Can anyone please let me know as to how you put the impulse pin back into the correct position on the balance staff, I don't want to put it on incorrectly and fix it only to find that it's not at the midway point of the hair spring oscillations this cocking up all my ticking and tocking.

Sorry it's long winded but hopefully someone might be able to help.

Pictures coming later as I'm at work at the moment cheers guys.