Sign in to follow this  
Hazz

5002 Gen dial , now what to do ?

Hazz

Arrived earlier, a gen dial for a 5002, now in a dilemma as I have been told it will not fit a working PR movement, anyone know if this is just to do with the feet positioning, or something else ? I have been told that the sub dial hand will not fit.

11134468546_4f7e416a90_c.jpg

deju

I don't know if the issue was the same but when I was debating the 5004 the issue with the PR was that on the working pr rep the subdial was closer to the centre on the rep. I found a good image with the dials to compare : http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=49492&view=findpost&p=935982

Although the 5002 and 5004 are different the flaw with PR looked to be a movement issue :(

Put it in a rep with non working PR it look awesome!

Hazz

I don't know if the issue was the same but when I was debating the 5004 the issue with the PR was that on the working pr rep the subdial was closer to the centre on the rep. I found a good image with the dials to compare : http://www.rwg.bz/bo...ndpost&p=935982

Although the 5002 and 5004 are different the flaw with PR looked to be a movement issue :(

Put it in a rep with non working PR it look awesome!

That helps , thanks, I was hoping there would be a work around, but guess not :(

opti

Date window is also a problem, too high on working pr model

Prancuzas

I saw few 5002 frankens with gen dial fitted so that's possible. Maybe try different boards for more information.

higginsd

Shure it is possible without any modifications - but only if you are using a rep WITHOUT the working PR. BTW: the working PR is useless in my opinion. If you are wearing the watch for a short time it shows "full". Also the PR on the gen shows full after a short time. A rep with faux-PR always shows "full". So what?

Hazz

Shure it is possible without any modifications - but only if you are using a rep WITHOUT the working PR. BTW: the working PR is useless in my opinion. If you are wearing the watch for a short time it shows "full". Also the PR on the gen shows full after a short time. A rep with faux-PR always shows "full". So what?

Decision made, going for a BP 5002 me thinks.

prb

PR version movement wont work because

1) dial feet

2) date window position

3) PR position, even if you lined it up too (which is impossible), the needle would probably not line up correctly