Sign in to follow this  
MrEvo9

Grand Carrerra calibre 36 broken stem and crown? Help please

MrEvo9

I purchased a Calibre 36 last year this time from watches international. I worked fine although when I first changed the date on it the stem felt a bit weak. As I continued to use it I forgot about and it worked fine for like 6 month. Recently as I was changing the date and time on the watch the crown will not screw back in the stem. I took it to a local Watch/Jewelry shop and they told me that I had to buy a new stem and crown, which only tag sold and it would be $350. I really like the watch but $350 is how much I bought it for so I can really justify that. I looked on eBay and found some for cheaper but don’t know if they fit. Any one with some experience with this that can help? Thanks in advance. The good news is that it looks so real that even the watch repair guy thought it was real and did not want to order aftermarket parts lol

Edited by MrEvo9

RichyRichRolex

User a trusted modder

flyr

Sounds like it is a crown and TUBE problem, the stem is most likely OK. You could try a fix that has worked for some Omega owners. Give the tube a slight squeeze with some needle nose piers to make it slightly out of round (the threads may start catching again). Unfortunately you may have to remove the stem and crown from the watch to get access to the tube that is attached to the case. Hopefully someone will have a better solution for you soon. Good luck!

MrEvo9

Yea I looked on ebay however I dont know what this size is. so if I buy the crown tube and stem I can retro fit? is there a picture DIY some where or should I just buy a set and give it to the watch repair guy?

P4GTR

you have to do the leg work and find the correct parts. The gen parts will probably not be a direct fit. You may be better off selling the watch as is since the repairs can be a bit expensive.

Omega_guy
User a trusted modder

Wow that gif...

mmaibl2011

I appologize that this is a bit off topic. However I do have a question for the OP. I recently purchased this exact same watch from TSwatch international. How often did you wear this watch? was it your daily wear?