Sign in to follow this  
seclark007

"The Watch" If you reserved, are you still interested?

The Watch - Still interested?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the RWG watch you reserved?

• Yes, without question
    • No, I've waited too long
    • Yes, but only if I can get it by this Christmas
    • Not only no, but FUCK NO

seclark007

Fellow RWG'ians,

It's been too long since the so called RWG watch process began. Eighteen plus months later we're no further ahead....the official "Ambassador" who was a rabid supporter of the project has resigned over delays. I have a simple question...are you still interested in purchasing this unicorn?

If you have reserved a so called "RWG watch" respond with the number(s) you requested and please answer the poll question.

Perhaps if enough people voice their displeasure, we'll see some action from the conductor of this derailed train......

(or not)

S

dalboy

Another Poll... and not started by Scorp.. whats this place coming too.?? :lol:

fatarms

87 Black

I'm still interested, but not as much as I once was. I wish there were more updates and the other thing is this watch is going to show up sometime down the road possibly and I'm going to have to come up with the cash on the spot rather than having it ready or having a set time to have to save up for it. I'd love to still get it, but am losing interest quickly. Especially lately.

Jonnybaws

Ask a silly question..

How much was this watch meant to cost?

New'ish member so wasn't around at the time to reserve one..

dalboy

Any chance the quality could be compromised by the sudden rush to get it finished..??.

After all, its a Gen .. would be bad to suffer the problems we all know exist with reps.

Dal.

Electron17

Yes, still want both watches reserved for me.

Pihlippe

If we are smart?.........we all say nooooo

I bet we then can buy it in January......... ;)

Guessing that Luth is sitting on the fence and waiting.

Want to sell it to his new home, as the RWI watch?

spboudart

Still interested, not sure of the numbers I'll have to check but I think I was 237 blue and 238 black…..

Mike on a bike

Blue 149 checking in, yes I am still interested at this time.

myaz

I reserved one black. I'll stand by that. It's no sweat either way.

Looks like Luth ran into a claps delay over wanting everything perfect and just so.

As Pihlippe says, if it flames out here, he'll need to reprint a bunch of dials and remarket to RWI. I'd rather spare him the extra expense.

EDIT: Think it was #25

Nisv

21 blue.

Yes, still interested.

seclark007

I know, eh? but no talk of clasps here....it's time to shit or get off the pot with this damn watch. :D

dalboy

I know, eh? but no talk of clasps here....it's time to shit or get off the pot with this damn watch. :D

Hell yeah Sean..

Much longer and i run the risk of my Arse healing up.!!

LightGeek

My budget for this was spent 1, 2, 3, 4, 1000x over. There is no more dedicated budget for this so it will have to be "as the crow flies". If I have money I'll go for it but it's not on the forefront.

bowtiefanatc

Where is the indifferent selection? If it works out cool, if not then I really don't care.

onionbag

251 black..............Nope.

elconquistador

I commited to buy it and am a man of my word. I am still in for 239, 240 and 241... you know... if it ever happens.

scorpion

Had i done the poll then it would have had an extra field in it for people like me.................

"Are you glad you never bothered to reserve one of these as you thought right from the start its all going to go wrong"

1 worm.gif

Wriggles

Still interested, numbers in my sig. The sheen however is beginning to wear off on this, more so recently since its become the centre of all jokes here. I stick to my word and will take my reserved pieces but whenever it does arrive I may if the mood takes me pass it along. Hard to know for sure until it arrives

P4GTR

-The first RWG watch was a disaster and is a sore spot. This one is following its footsteps to some degree.

-The member in charge of making the watch has excommunicated himself from the very group the watch was for.

-The thread that should contain the pertinent info about the watch is 80 pages of professional grade troll slore. We don't have a thread to look at the watch progress, discuss it, and follow its completion.

- An entire watch was designed and produced up to 99% of the way, and now... they are all sitting somewhere collecting dust? One of the relatively easiest parts to produce holds up delivery for 6+ months; discussion about said part has turned into a joke about sexually transmitted diseases.

-The fact that the designer loathes the forum he made it for takes some of the sparkle away. As a forum we need to decide if we want this, stop making it a big joke, and petition George to shit or get off the pot. I'd like to see the forum rally around the project and see it through. I suppose It would help if my friend George wasn't acting like a spoiled toddler that had his toy taken away, but I digress.

NFleischer

Where is the indifferent selection? If it works out cool, if not then I really don't care.

035- Black. I don't care anymore really. However, if it means someone is going to get screwed I'll still take it.

midasmook

Love RWG, no love for the pantomine that has become the rwg watch.

fraggle42

If I can figure out some way of getting rid of the 'G' then the remaining letters are my initials and I'll take a couple without fear of being laughed at :D

Tits McGee

Luthier has acted like a child & continues to do so. Although, the effort both he & Sol put into the watch should be lauded, I'm convinced the reason behind Luthier's effort was to stroke his own gigantic ego rather than do anything to benifit the forum. Sol, on the other hand has remained outside the circus tent throughout. Sol is nothing short of a class act. That being said, all we know about this debacle is that Luthier got us all lathered up about what appears to be a beautiful watch. Shortly after his temper tantrum he stopped providing accurate information, opting instead to provide vague or cryptic answers to inquiries & generally misleading me & others about completion times or hold ups. I've contacted him directly via PM & still can't get a straight answer out of him. Bad business IMO. In that, he has none of my money & in that, this has no benifit to RWG (other than great jokes & threadcrapping), I choose not to do business with the man. If the forum somehow benifited financially from this, I'd hold out and order a couple but why would I want to do business with someone who treats people this way?

I gave up :

Black #004

Blue #204

I'm sure if the watches end up being half way decent & I'm inclined to own one, they'll show up in M2M. In the meantime, I've lost interest.

sub4me

Although I'm not a long term poster like most RWG.bz members here, alot of you guys know me and probably know how I feel about Luth, also I have a big fucking mouth so why not make a post, LOL.

Look, I never liked the idea of the watch in the first place after memories of other forums watches. Now I understand no members put up funds for this project and I think thats a very important detail. The watches and funds are all on Luth, so in reality this is his headache and his problem, as it should be. I do agree this was all about him and his ego and I also believe this was greatly motivated by him making $$$ by producing the watch with his rep seller Mary, basically making a rep with a RWG logo to profit from a captive audience. I don't give a shit how loud Luth screams about quality and all his other excuses. Its all bullshit to me and I had this discussion with him on the RWI forum so I have no hidden agenda here.

I believe the real hold up is probably cost vs profit for Luth, make no mistake, this is and always was about the $$$ he would make.

Maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm a huge asshole (as some tell me, lol), but I always tell you the truth as I see it, like it or not.