Sign in to follow this  
seclark007

"The Watch" If you reserved, are you still interested?

The Watch - Still interested?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the RWG watch you reserved?

• Yes, without question
    • No, I've waited too long
    • Yes, but only if I can get it by this Christmas
    • Not only no, but FUCK NO

Nisv

That would have to be members who just like me would like to have one on account of how good it looks.

Which it does, by the by :wub:

xbb

I was a fairly new member when I reserved 243 Blue. At the time The main appeal was that the watch had a good feel good story behind it i.e community involvement, exclusive to RWG, design input and financial commitment from long standing members etc.

When the watch is eventually released, depending on the quality and price point being close to how it was originally presented, I'll still gladly purchase mine. It will still have an interesting story behind it, although a different story to what I thought it would have.

gottahaverolex

I'm glad you are all finally coming to your senses. I kept my mouth shut but I saw this entire thing coming from the start. George is a arrogant self righteous prick. I'd never buy a fucking thing from him or that had anything to do with him. He gave a big fuck you to every one of you by leaving the forum. It should have ended there. If you still like the watch, great. If this whole ordeal had made you hate it, great. Huge props to Sol for busting his ass on the project, you sir are awesome. But, the watch is now soiled and anyone who wants that ugly fucking thing deserves it. You should all leave him high and dry and eating every cent of his failed project. Pay back is a bitch.

I'm curious as to why you bother hanging out in a rep watch forum if you no longer own any of them..??

Given your geographic location, one might guess that you'd be more interested in a vintage Hamilton collectors group...

I was one of the early members and have been here longer than 1000's of the current members. I never said I don't like reps, I just don't own any right now and honestly it has nothing to do rep or gen as this forum is for both. I continue to offer to fix watches for members here FOR FREE. I sell my handmade straps at rediculously low prices for the members benefit and believe it or not I know a shit ton about Horology, that I learned here, that I continue to discuss with all of you. I own a vintage Hamilton and a lot of my family worked for Hamilton watch up until it closed. I go to gen forum to buy and sell but the friends I've made here can never be had on the stuffy gen fora. Does that answer your question?

gottahaverolex

Ya know, I spoke harshly yesterday and I was wrong for doing so. I think what has happened with this watch is a bad situation and my reaction was out of anger because I hate seeing anyone get screwed. But, I stand by my opinion of George as he has and continues to treat fellow members of several watch forums badly.

2point

Order number 000.

Didn't want one then, wouldn't have one now if it was free.

The 'design' was just a heap of features from other brands chucked together. It was always more of a Corum homage to me than a truely original design.

The fact Luth ran away and hasn't been straight with anyone about the progress says it all for me.

Kudos to Sol for his upfront stance and for Greg laying down the very clear law before it got off the ground.

black263

Given the amount of work that Sol put in, to say it was a heap of features from other brands chucked together is a real insult.

solkryssare

Given the amount of work that Sol put in, to say it was a heap of features from other brands chucked together is a real insult.

Its ok mate. George did the over all design and I the 3D and detailing. The RWG watch IS HIS design, like it or not :)

I'm just gonna add one last thing and then I'm done commenting on this. If you feel frustrated, angry or disappointed (not you black or anyone else in particular, just a general statement) ) about a watch that you haven't paid for yet, not done any work on or even suggested be created in the first place, you really need to get your priories straight and perhaps take a small yet effective little chill pill combined with a huge draw of fresh air. Just IMO of course.

Sit back, focus on other things and when/if it turns up, be happy about it or hate it. It's up to you, but wasting energy worrying about it is just that, waste.....

Peace out and :wub: to you all.

Wriggles

Almost every watch is an homage in some way to all the other watches ever made, to the point that each is a homage to an homage to an homage at some point, with the obvious exception of some truly unique pieces such as Harry Winston's Opus or Urwerk's designs.

So most watches are exactly that - a "design" that is just a heap of features from other brands chucked together if you get right down to it.

It's how they fit together and gel as a design that the talent comes into it.

elconquistador

There is always 600 grit sandpaper

onzenuub

Its ok mate. George did the over all design and I the 3D and detailing. The RWG watch IS HIS design, like it or not :)

I'm just gonna add one last thing and then I'm done commenting on this. If you feel frustrated, angry or disappointed (not you black or anyone else in particular, just a general statement) ) about a watch that you haven't paid for yet, not done any work on or even suggested be created in the first place, you really need to get your priories straight and perhaps take a small yet effective little chill pill combined with a huge draw of fresh air. Just IMO of course.

Sit back, focus on other things and when/if it turns up, be happy about it or hate it. It's up to you, but wasting energy worrying about it is just that, waste.....

Peace out and :wub: to you all.

We love you too silly. :P

HWG

^^^THIS^^^

Kleen™

Personally, I find worrying to be an extremely effective tool: 99% of everything I worry about never seems to occur...

trksh-bzr

maybe the delay was to have TRC printed on the dial lol.

sub4me

Maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm a huge asshole (as some tell me, lol), but I always tell you the truth as I see it, like it or not.

asshole

Hey! Get it right, Sub does nooooothing by halves, he's a huuuuuge asshole!

LMAO

from the design pictures the watch looks nice, but I missed the train and to be honest relieved I did so, I think its something that would end up sat in a drawer while I carry on wearing my other watches, cant imagine wearing it and someone asking "whats the RWG stand for" don't imagine it would happen often, but it could happen

Anyone asked you what IWC stands for recently? No? Thought so . . .

Thats a fair question and I didn't mean a rep as in its a copy of somthing already being produced as in IP, what I meant by calling it a rep is the watch was supposed to be made at Luth rep sellers (Mary) facility in China (Luth posted some pic of a rep factory on RWI claiming that was the place the watch was to be made), I jokingly refered to it as his Swiss made China rep factory.

Um, no. The watch is not being made in a rep factory, it is in fact being made by a factory that makes the cases for at least two Swiss brands. Not sure where you got the idea it was being made at a rep factory. The only connection Mary has is she is handling the distribution.

I probably just made it up. :hehehe:

seclark007

And with the shaking boobies, we shall close this poll...a fitting ending for the nuthouse! :D

I would like to thank everyone who made a constructive post here. I reiterate that the purpose of this thread was not to provide another location to add to forum drama, but to find out if those of you who had reserved a watch were still interested based on the long delay. Some folks got to vent frustration, some folks reminded us of loyalty - and how that's a two way street - and others well, they just thread crapped.

It's clear that this has become a polarizing topic, and in the end I think a few things are apparent:

1. Folks are frustrated, but that frustration is really a waste of effort, as nobody who reserved a watch actually has a stake in this (save for Tits :( );

2. There is a threat that if the watch ever does show up, that there won't be the demand as there was, as the luster is wearing off - which is good news for folks wanting to get on the list - perhaps not so good for the man who has all his money tied up; and

3. Everything that can be said about this project has pretty much been said...until the announcement that they're ready for distribution.

Lets make this the final word on the subject until we hear they're on their way.