Sign in to follow this  
seclark007

"The Watch" If you reserved, are you still interested?

The Watch - Still interested?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the RWG watch you reserved?

• Yes, without question
    • No, I've waited too long
    • Yes, but only if I can get it by this Christmas
    • Not only no, but FUCK NO

dingle

Although I'm not a long term poster like most RWG.bz members here, alot of you guys know me and probably know how I feel about Luth, also I have a big fucking mouth so why not make a post, LOL.

Look, I never liked the idea of the watch in the first place after memories of other forums watches. Now I understand no members put up funds for this project and I think thats a very important detail. The watches and funds are all on Luth, so in reality this is his headache and his problem, as it should be. I do agree this was all about him and his ego and I also believe this was greatly motivated by him making $$$ by producing the watch with his rep seller Mary, basically making a rep with a RWG logo to profit from a captive audience. I don't give a shit how loud Luth screams about quality and all his other excuses. Its all bullshit to me and I had this discussion with him on the RWI forum so I have no hidden agenda here.

I believe the real hold up is probably cost vs profit for Luth, make no mistake, this is and always was about the $$$ he would make.

Maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm a huge asshole (as some tell me, lol), but I always tell you the truth as I see it, like it or not.

asshole

:P

sub4me

:hehehe:

pfcdre

from the design pictures the watch looks nice, but I missed the train and to be honest relieved I did so, I think its something that would end up sat in a drawer while I carry on wearing my other watches, cant imagine wearing it and someone asking "whats the RWG stand for" don't imagine it would happen often, but it could happen

seclark007

You rarely go wrong with speaking truth to power......it's quite refreshing to see when it occasionally pops up!

Thang

104 blue for me. I still like the watch and will wait for however long that I need to, just like to have more update on the progress

onzenuub

What's the meaning of this thread, will it bring the end prduction nearby? I don't think so. Luth has the list with the numbers and yes I still want them. And why no talk about claps, midlicks, pope, rabbie etc etc in this thread? Tsssssssssssssssssssssssk

Aren

-The first RWG watch was a disaster and is a sore spot. This one is following its footsteps to some degree.

-The member in charge of making the watch has excommunicated himself from the very group the watch was for.

-The thread that should contain the pertinent info about the watch is 80 pages of professional grade troll slore. We don't have a thread to look at the watch progress, discuss it, and follow its completion.

- An entire watch was designed and produced up to 99% of the way, and now... they are all sitting somewhere collecting dust? One of the relatively easiest parts to produce holds up delivery for 6+ months; discussion about said part has turned into a joke about sexually transmitted diseases.

-The fact that the designer loathes the forum he made it for takes some of the sparkle away. As a forum we need to decide if we want this, stop making it a big joke, and petition George to shit or get off the pot. I'd like to see the forum rally around the project and see it through. I suppose It would help if my friend George wasn't acting like a spoiled toddler that had his toy taken away, but I digress.

I heard the original RWG watch almost destroyed the forum and agree with P4GTR.

If you have a disagreement with your Father or Mother, do you throw the rest of your family away?

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I hope it all works out and soon.

Gobbless

sub4me

No disrespect to RWG.bz, but like pfcdre said I really couldn't imagine wearing a watch branded with any boards name on it either, kinda weird to me. But regardless of the name on the dial I do like the design of the watch itself. Its nice looking, however I'm not sure it really exists. Not that what I think matters but I can't see a clasp holding up production. That would be something already decided on when you design and build something.

I have had years of dealings with new market products (mind your own F'ing business and don't ask) and I can tell you when something is designed properly for production NO part is left undecided. Luth is full of BS and I have to say myself the level of guys kissing his ass at RWI is just amazing.

solkryssare
Although I'm not a long term poster like most RWG.bz members here, alot of you guys know me and probably know how I feel about Luth, also I have a big fucking mouth so why not make a post, LOL.

Look, I never liked the idea of the watch in the first place after memories of other forums watches. Now I understand no members put up funds for this project and I think thats a very important detail. The watches and funds are all on Luth, so in reality this is his headache and his problem, as it should be. I do agree this was all about him and his ego and I also believe this was greatly motivated by him making $$$ by producing the watch with his rep seller Mary, basically making a rep with a RWG logo to profit from a captive audience. I don't give a shit how loud Luth screams about quality and all his other excuses. Its all bullshit to me and I had this discussion with him on the RWI forum so I have no hidden agenda here.

I believe the real hold up is probably cost vs profit for Luth, make no mistake, this is and always was about the $$$ he would make.

Maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm a huge asshole (as some tell me, lol), but I always tell you the truth as I see it, like it or not.

I won't comment on the questions in the OP but please explain to me how this is a rep?

I have 12 gb worth of 3D files on my computer from designing this thing.

I'm not defending George, that's up to him, but don't go and make shit up about things you know nada about.

sub4me

Thats a fair question and I didn't mean a rep as in its a copy of somthing already being produced as in IP, what I meant by calling it a rep is the watch was supposed to be made at Luth rep sellers (Mary) facility in China (Luth posted some pic of a rep factory on RWI claiming that was the place the watch was to be made), I jokingly refered to it as his Swiss made China rep factory.

dingle

I won't comment on the questions in the OP but please explain to me how this is a rep?

I'm not defending George, that's up to him, but don't go and make shit up about things you know nada about.

methinks Sub was referring to a "rep" as in a "rep factory" (Mary's source) is making the watches........not actually stating this was a rep.

I could be wrong tho, he is a known asshole :lol:

EDIT: I see I was correct....he still an asshole tho :rofl:

seclark007

What's the meaning of this thread, will it bring the end prduction nearby? I don't think so. Luth has the list with the numbers and yes I still want them. And why no talk about claps, midlicks, pope, rabbie etc etc in this thread? Tsssssssssssssssssssssssk

reserved number and whether or not you are still interested, please :giggle:

sub4me

LOL, :hehehe:

trksh-bzr

i have no idea what number i got, but I'll still buy it.

onzenuub

reserved number and whether or not you are still interested, please :giggle:

Interested, 100 blue, if the pope and the rabbie did take care of the claps and the midlicks where done by mother Mary it will be ready.

solkryssare

methinks Sub was referring to a "rep" as in a "rep factory" (Mary's source) is making the watches........not actually stating this was a rep.

EDIT: I see I was correct....he still an asshole tho :rofl:

In that case I apologize.......

Still think all this whining about a watch which no one (any more ) has put any money towards is damn silly.

George doesn't owe any of us any thing. If the watch comes to life, fine. If not, so fucking what? Him, the factory or any one else owes us a damn thing. And no one loses out, expect George.

I think it's just as stupid as the rest of you that he left, but stop complaining about a watch that isn't owed you. ( not directed at you ding)

dingle

In that case I apologize.......

Still think all this whining about a watch which no one (any more ) has put any money towards is damn silly.

George doesn't owe any of us any thing. If the watch comes to life, fine. If not, so fucking what? Him, the factory or any one else owes us a damn thing. And no one loses out, expect George.

I think it's just as stupid as the rest of you that he left, but stop complaining about a watch that isn't owed you. ( not directed at you ding)

this is the best post in this thread.

trksh-bzr
from the design pictures the watch looks nice, but I missed the train and to be honest relieved I did so, I think its something that would end up sat in a drawer while I carry on wearing my other watches, cant imagine wearing it and someone asking "whats the RWG stand for" don't imagine it would happen often, but it could happen

um, I get that all the time with my IWC watches :lol: not! worst that can happen is someone seeing it, and knwing what RWG is without asking, and having them saying " RWG, isnt that the board where a guy designed a watch, on his own initiative, after seeking approval for the meere project discussion, only to then run off acting like a grumpy old umm, toddler." to which you could reply "I have no idea, I got this on craigslist"

but I do see your point :)

sub4me

solk, no need to aplogize to me but thanks for that. If I remember correctly we (meaning you and I) never really got along, unless I'm mistaking.

onzenuub

Dammit, threadcrappers, take a room. :P

James.

I just don't care anymore. It doesn't take 8 months to get some clasps made, IMO something else is up.Smelly a bit iffy to me.

Luth needed the interest to be maintained to be able to sell these out fast to re-coup his $$$. That boat has sailed, I suspect he may be looking around at the ability to get the "RWG" dial updated to "RWI"

That said, if, and that's a massive "if" the watch ever makes it to completion I'll consider buying #28 black. Until then, my patience has worn thin.

solkryssare
solk, no need to aplogize to me but thanks for that. If I remember correctly we (meaning you and I) never really got along, unless I'm mistaking.

Don't think we have interacted very much but you might be right. I don't hold a grudge tho, so what ever it was, its water under the bridge.

onzenuub

Don't think we have interacted very much but you might be right. I don't hold a grudge tho, so what ever it was, its water under the bridge.

Visit both the London GTG and have a beer or ten. That will do. :lol:

Chrisby

I've reserved Black 127, don't quote me though, as RWI is down and I can't check my PM's.... It's been sometime since I reserved it! HAHA!

Anyway, I can understand the theory behind this thread and think it's a good idea to get a better idea of what the demand is for this watch now that it has over run by however many months it has done already. However I don't see what us as a forum could do about this. Whatever the real reason for the huge delay, call me cynical but I don't believe that it is waiting for the clasp. The watch could be shipped now, by my understanding, without the bracelet and give all of us who have reserved it the chance to wear it on a nice custom strap.

So people are saying that it is because Luth is such a perfectionist....?? Why? Why would he be so concerned about this watch that he commissioned using the RWG initials, when he no longer even visits the site anymore? That's why I think there is more to this than clasps.... but because the 'man' himself won't pass comment, we aren't to know! We're all left here in the dark, waiting for a watch that may or may not be finished.

I am still in for this watch, but not because of Luth's commitment to this project..but because Sol has invested ALOT of time into this as well, which I understand he'll not receive anything for. Sol is the reason i'm still in for this, RWG's own!! That being said, it's got to the point now, for me, where if this watch doesn't materialise... I won't be too bothered...it just gone on too long now.

I personally think the ONLY way of this forum having any effect of outcome of the watch is to vote with it's feet, and by that I mean for members, like myself, who have reserved one, to turn around and say we're no longer interested and give up our number.

Luth will then have a lot of watches he won't have the demand for, in order to do anything with them, he'll need to change the dial, at an extra cost to him.

That, IMHO, is the only way we'll MAKE Luth do anything.

Wriggles

I've reserved Black 127, don't quote me though, as RWI is down and I can't check my PM's.... It's been sometime since I reserved it! HAHA!

Anyway, I can understand the theory behind this thread and think it's a good idea to get a better idea of what the demand is for this watch now that it has over run by however many months it has done already. However I don't see what us as a forum could do about this. Whatever the real reason for the huge delay, call me cynical but I don't believe that it is waiting for the clasp. The watch could be shipped now, by my understanding, without the bracelet and give all of us who have reserved it the chance to wear it on a nice custom strap.

So people are saying that it is because Luth is such a perfectionist....?? Why? Why would he be so concerned about this watch that he commissioned using the RWG initials, when he no longer even visits the site anymore? That's why I think there is more to this than clasps.... but because the 'man' himself won't pass comment, we aren't to know! We're all left here in the dark, waiting for a watch that may or may not be finished.

I am still in for this watch, but not because of Luth's commitment to this project..but because Sol has invested ALOT of time into this as well, which I understand he'll not receive anything for. Sol is the reason i'm still in for this, RWG's own!! That being said, it's got to the point now, for me, where if this watch doesn't materialise... I won't be too bothered...it just gone on too long now.

I personally think the ONLY way of this forum having any effect of outcome of the watch is to vote with it's feet, and by that I mean for members, like myself, who have reserved one, to turn around and say we're no longer interested and give up our number.

Luth will then have a lot of watches he won't have the demand for, in order to do anything with them, he'll need to change the dial, at an extra cost to him.

That, IMHO, is the only way we'll MAKE Luth do anything.

Near enough to how I feel. One difference though, walking away won't happen for some as people still want this. A better option (though people may disagree) might be to start a thread on RWI where all who are waiting for a watch post that they want to hear of progress and a realistic date or they are going to back out.

That might push Luth to give some info and commitment to the project, or maybe not. At least he might see it, whereas he won't see any comments in threads here