Sign in to follow this  
seclark007

"The Watch" If you reserved, are you still interested?

The Watch - Still interested?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in the RWG watch you reserved?

• Yes, without question
    • No, I've waited too long
    • Yes, but only if I can get it by this Christmas
    • Not only no, but FUCK NO

solkryssare
solk, no need to aplogize to me but thanks for that. If I remember correctly we (meaning you and I) never really got along, unless I'm mistaking.

Don't think we have interacted very much but you might be right. I don't hold a grudge tho, so what ever it was, its water under the bridge.

Visit both the London GTG and have a beer or ten. That will do. :lol:

I'd love to :)

trksh-bzr
solk, no need to aplogize to me but thanks for that. If I remember correctly we (meaning you and I) never really got along, unless I'm mistaking.

Don't think we have interacted very much but you might be right. I don't hold a grudge tho, so what ever it was, its water under the bridge.

ofcourse you would.....that's because you're an alcoholic .....:wub:

Realism

88 blue - dont care but won't screw someone for sure... ps, i voted option 2... this went on longer than saving up for a gen LOL

sub4me

I think sometime in the past you made some argumentive statements to me. It may not even have been here. For some reason I think it was on the TRC board or maybe geek years ago. I don't F'ing remember, no big deal really, alot of guys don't like me lol but give me chance and take a look ay my dedicated history to RWI. I'm not that bad.

Realism

^ why you :asslick: a mod?

Chrisby

I've reserved Black 127, don't quote me though, as RWI is down and I can't check my PM's.... It's been sometime since I reserved it! HAHA!

Anyway, I can understand the theory behind this thread and think it's a good idea to get a better idea of what the demand is for this watch now that it has over run by however many months it has done already. However I don't see what us as a forum could do about this. Whatever the real reason for the huge delay, call me cynical but I don't believe that it is waiting for the clasp. The watch could be shipped now, by my understanding, without the bracelet and give all of us who have reserved it the chance to wear it on a nice custom strap.

So people are saying that it is because Luth is such a perfectionist....?? Why? Why would he be so concerned about this watch that he commissioned using the RWG initials, when he no longer even visits the site anymore? That's why I think there is more to this than clasps.... but because the 'man' himself won't pass comment, we aren't to know! We're all left here in the dark, waiting for a watch that may or may not be finished.

I am still in for this watch, but not because of Luth's commitment to this project..but because Sol has invested ALOT of time into this as well, which I understand he'll not receive anything for. Sol is the reason i'm still in for this, RWG's own!! That being said, it's got to the point now, for me, where if this watch doesn't materialise... I won't be too bothered...it just gone on too long now.

I personally think the ONLY way of this forum having any effect of outcome of the watch is to vote with it's feet, and by that I mean for members, like myself, who have reserved one, to turn around and say we're no longer interested and give up our number.

Luth will then have a lot of watches he won't have the demand for, in order to do anything with them, he'll need to change the dial, at an extra cost to him.

That, IMHO, is the only way we'll MAKE Luth do anything.

Near enough to how I feel. One difference though, walking away won't happen for some as people still want this. A better option (though people may disagree) might be to start a thread on RWI where all who are waiting for a watch post that they want to hear of progress and a realistic date or they are going to back out.

That might push Luth to give some info and commitment to the project, or maybe not. At least he might see it, whereas he won't see any comments in threads here

Yeah exactly, nothing we do here will have any effect. I wasn't suggesting we do all walk away, personally I'd love to see this watch in my possession... Just that I think that's the only way we'll have any impact on what happens with the watch.

Your point is a good one though, maybe we need to start a thread over on RWI (when it's back up) :)

richardm1142

Hey I said yes I'm in and I meant it.

Lot of shit gone on, but Sol and Luth have put a lot into this.

When / If it emerges I'm still there

132 Blue and 145 Black

Mystery Shopper

I am still in for this watch, but not because of Luth's commitment to this project..but because Sol has invested ALOT of time into this as well, which I understand he'll not receive anything for. Sol is the reason i'm still in for this, RWG's own!! That being said, it's got to the point now, for me, where if this watch doesn't materialise... I won't be too bothered...it just gone on too long now.

173 Blue is still interested. For the reasons above- nothing to do with George.

Oh- and to answer a previous question- the watch was originally priced at $300.

solkryssare

ofcourse you would.....that's because you're an alcoholic .....:wub:

:lmao2:

Takes one to know one

Dumspiro

224 Blue.

Yes still interested. I think it of as a memento to the countless hours I have wasted spent fruitfully on this forum.

Having said that however I wouldn't want anyone to spend any more time or effort on my behalf dealing with people/situations that wasted their time or good intentions.

onzenuub

ofcourse you would.....that's because you're an alcoholic ..... :wub:

:lmao2:

Takes one to know one

Yep, an alcoholic gay viking of the worst kind it is. :P

solkryssare

That's all true Onze, but we mean well! :lol:

seclark007

Thread crappers go to the 92 other threads on the topic...You're not adding anything new here.

Did you reserve a watch? Will you still buy it, based on the prolonged timeline and lack of communications from George?

sub4me

^ why you :asslick: a mod?

I'm not ya dope. But since I'm spending some time here I thought I would clear the air with him to avoid the ban hammer. :hehehe:

Wriggles

Yeah exactly, nothing we do here will have any effect. I wasn't suggesting we do all walk away, personally I'd love to see this watch in my possession... Just that I think that's the only way we'll have any impact on what happens with the watch.

Your point is a good one though, maybe we need to start a thread over on RWI (when it's back up) :)

Should we have another poll then :giggle: How many people want to have a thread on RWI to work as a kind of petition to Luth to "shit or get off the pot" ?

LightGeek

-The first RWG watch was a disaster and is a sore spot. This one is following its footsteps to some degree.

-The member in charge of making the watch has excommunicated himself from the very group the watch was for.

-The thread that should contain the pertinent info about the watch is 80 pages of professional grade troll slore. We don't have a thread to look at the watch progress, discuss it, and follow its completion.

- An entire watch was designed and produced up to 99% of the way, and now... they are all sitting somewhere collecting dust? One of the relatively easiest parts to produce holds up delivery for 6+ months; discussion about said part has turned into a joke about sexually transmitted diseases.

-The fact that the designer loathes the forum he made it for takes some of the sparkle away. As a forum we need to decide if we want this, stop making it a big joke, and petition George to shit or get off the pot. I'd like to see the forum rally around the project and see it through. I suppose It would help if my friend George wasn't acting like a spoiled toddler that had his toy taken away, but I digress.

citizen_cane.gif

BigsCG

-The first RWG watch was a disaster and is a sore spot. This one is following its footsteps to some degree.

-The member in charge of making the watch has excommunicated himself from the very group the watch was for.

-The thread that should contain the pertinent info about the watch is 80 pages of professional grade troll slore. We don't have a thread to look at the watch progress, discuss it, and follow its completion.

- An entire watch was designed and produced up to 99% of the way, and now... they are all sitting somewhere collecting dust? One of the relatively easiest parts to produce holds up delivery for 6+ months; discussion about said part has turned into a joke about sexually transmitted diseases.

-The fact that the designer loathes the forum he made it for takes some of the sparkle away. As a forum we need to decide if we want this, stop making it a big joke, and petition George to shit or get off the pot. I'd like to see the forum rally around the project and see it through. I suppose It would help if my friend George wasn't acting like a spoiled toddler that had his toy taken away, but I digress.

citizen_cane.gif

Thumbs-and-Ammo-03_zps5b51268f.jpg

Chavezzito

101 Black and hell yes I am still interested, no matter the history of what Luth did it is still a very nice looking watch and I don´t mind the wait...have not paid anything and it´s free to be on the list.

We still have the designer here and he is a very good friend ;)

onzenuub

citizen_cane.gif

Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg

BigsCG

citizen_cane.gif

Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg

Thumbs-and-Ammo-04_zps7942debf.jpg

onzenuub

101 Black and hell yes I am still interested, no matter the history of what Luth did it is still a very nice looking watch and I don´t mind the wait...have not paid anything and it´s free to be on the list.

Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg

Chavezzito

Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg

He is soooo good looking! :lmao:

dasselin

Yes I still want it 236. Dasselin - blue.

I gave my word and someone(Luth) invested is personal money in it would

not be honorable to pull out

sub4me

I heard all the watches now have Repgeek printed on the dial. :hehehe:

big_raji

I'm on RWI primarily and only heard about this watch from a thread there. I like Luthier, but he's an ass. ;) I also like the watch very much. I would buy this watch if there are any unclaimed at the rumored $300 price. I don't know the price for sure because all the other threads are a mess. I don't care about the RWI logo on the dial, so Luth's disappearance doesn't affect my desire for it. It's purdy.