Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Something to do whilst you wait.

trailboss99

Hey folks, as you know we are making some changes at RWI while it's down. One change I want to make is to be more noob friendly. You may have seen the collection of noob info threads here at RWG. If you haven't they are here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=19035

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=2073

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=60974

We have nooothing like this next door!

Who is up to the task of writing some similar threads for RWI? I'm sure Greg won't mind if you plagiarise some of the content here but I don't want the same threads, I want an RWI flavour. The selected threads will have pride of place in a new section of the forum so get your thinking caps on and come up with a set of threads designed to help noobs assimilate into both RWI and the hobby. We also need a new "How to post pics using Photobucket" thread as PB has changed since the last ones were written.

Go to it guys! Submissions below please.

jgoorn

I am a n00b and I must say that reading these guides is a must. Then re-reading them again will get you much farther. I stepped on my dick on the way in, but learned my lesson. These n00b articles are great. Also PATIENCE that is key. I have learned that.

cogwatch

TB, here is a tutorial on how to post pics from Photobucket on an iPhone or iPad. Is this too simple without a lot of text? Note, this is very specific to iPhone or iPad (and probably other cell phones and notepads) - note the Touch, Touch and Hold type instructions. PC's are a bit different, for example with a PC you just click on the IMG box and it automatically copies the link to your clipboard......

Touch "Upload"

image_zpsb72ab50f.jpg

Touch "Choose Photos & Videos"

4d9616cd-955c-49e0-bf0b-429083f88104_zpsde138338.jpg

Touch the album the photo is in

b2f025fc-1b45-44f8-9e39-2b5966bd2bea_zpsdb437520.jpg

Touch one or more photos to Upload

image_zps30817fee.jpg

Touch one of the photos you just uploaded to make it the "active" photo

image_zps14c1e8a3.jpg

Touch and Hold in the "IMG" box, then touch "Select All"

image_zps24db86d3.jpg

Touch "Copy"

image_zps3f78dcca.jpg

Go to the RWI Post where you want the photo.

Touch and Hold in the location you want the Photo then Touch "Paste"

image_zpse191dde9.jpg

You're Done!!!!!!

Note, it only shows as text at this point linking to the photo. You can't see the photo until it's in the post (though it isn't really physically in the post, it's still just a link that let's you see the photo in the post - clear as mud???)

image_zps9dd43dcf.jpg

TxRub779

Very cool.....

onzenuub

I could make some nice tuto's :P

TxRub779

In PB I just click "Direct" and paste it to the "Image" icon thingy in the posts text thread in RWI....if that makes sense. A little mountain icon sucker

trailboss99

Cool! that's one down.

thedoover

Ill see what is in my signature once RWI gets back up and revise any threads I have that may be original, like the seconds @6 thread.

trksh-bzr

and the topic?

andygt

and the topic?

Men's room glory hole tutorial

trksh-bzr

and the topic?

Men's room glory hole tutorial

tutorial on using it, or making it?

BentleySharp

A Friendly Welcome by BentleySharp

Welcome to RWI!

Like so many others before you, you have been lost in an endless desert of replicas, homages, and genuine watches. Trudging aimlessly through the sandy dunes of the internet, unsure of where to go and what to do. You know you want a nice watch, but that's about all you knew before you started out on your journey. Now you're tired, frustrated, hot and exhausted as the bright sun beats down on your back. you've seen signs promising things such as '1:1 Exact Copy!' or 'AAA+++ Best Version Ever!' or 'Genuine Swiss Movement!' and they becon and call unwary travelers. Dodgy people in dark glasses wearing too many gold rings call to you from dark alleyways. Always looking for a quick buck with their 'swiss ultimate submariner' or other slick lies. James is out there too, Living in his scammers iparadise, with his many masks, tricking people out of their money.

It's a dangerous world out there for an honest person who just wants a nice watch.

There are a lot of people who would go to great lengths to steal your hard earned money.

But all that is behind you now. You're safe now and among friends. That's what RWI is. An oasis in the desert of the internet. safe from the scammers and thieves. RWI is quite simply a group of people who have banded together in a mutual love for horology and to keep each other informed as to the safest and most trustworthy people to do business with in the replica and homage watch market.

Here you will find a wealth of information at your fingertips. Thousands of other watch enthusiests who are a wellspring of knowledge. A list of watch dealers who are trusted and safe to deal with. And so much more. The longer you stay, the more you will find that this is more than just a forum. It is a community and a family. And we would be glad to invite you in to stay for a while.

So kick off your shoes, relax, have a cup of tea, pour yourself a pint, let's talk watches.

Your searching is over. You're home now :)