Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

UPDATED: MONSTER rebranded SMP Pro homage

JohnG

Finally got one of these, been waiting for MONTHS to get a decent price. Basically a re-branded, super-sized, 7750 powered Seamaster Pro Chrono...

It is a "Germasian" watch, China built, sold by a German company, nice looking and I suspect it is on a par with upper end reps.

I always wanted a SMP, but it is a little small. This baby is 47mm, 17mm thick, rated to 300m.

Here is a link and some stock photos, when I get it I will update thread with PICS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1#ht_4527wt_934

img_400x01.jpg

img_400x02.jpg

img_400x03.jpg

img_400x04.jpg

pollux1

Looks good John, and a bargain at that! :popcorn:

JohnG

Thanks, I have tried sniping too many of these to count, they almost ALWAYS go for over 100 Euros, and I have seen them top 200, so this was definitely the best deal I have seen. I was determined to get it for under 100, and the next highest bid was 85.70, bet that guy is kicking himself about now.

pollux1
Thanks, I have tried sniping too many of these to count, they almost ALWAYS go for over 100 Euros, and I have seen them top 200, so this was definitely the best deal I have seen. I was determined to get it for under 100, and the next highest bid was 85.70, bet that guy is kicking himself about now.

Slow he was, lol.

JohnG

Okay, now I understand why the price was so good on this watch - the seller sells "pre-owned" ones as well as new ones. It has a few desk-diving marks on the bracelet, a small ding on the bezel insert, and I was like "what the fuck?" but before I sent a pissed off message to seller I double checked the listing and alas, some are used. But still, an A7750 powered machine with a one year warranty for $100 is pretty damn good. The thing is HUGE, and HEAVY. Just like I like it. 47mm, sapphire crystal, 300m, heavy bracelet (polished but I think it might look better brushed, or brushed AND polished...

Chief still owes me an AR service for that Aussie fire raffle way back when... this might be a nice candidate... double AR, a lume job, and a nice polish and maybe a bracelet mod and this thing will be pretty sweet.

Here are the updated pics:

SDC12171.jpg

[SDC12175.jpg

SDC12178.jpg

SDC12185.jpg

SDC12190.jpg

SDC12194.jpg

SDC12200.jpg

greg_r

That looks damned good, John. Congrats!

Member X

That looks good! I think I agree on the bracelet - keep the polished midlinks but brush the rest and you've got a good halfway house finish :(

That could be an awesome lumer with decent lume on it... :D

P_Diddy

brush the bracelet, too shiny more Breitlingesque ;)

That looks good! I think I agree on the bracelet - keep the polished midlinks but brush the rest and you've got a good halfway house finish :Whistle:

That could be an awesome lumer with decent lume on it... ;)