Sign in to follow this  
northcountryboy1976

Rolex Service

northcountryboy1976

So after asking about the cost of a Rolex service on various forums I decided to bite the bullet and put my Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 in for its 1st service.

It's a 2008 V serial, usually worn most weekends. It has a few scratches and dings from hitting it off door handles etc, mostly superficial or so I thought.

I had expected the £400 odds for the services but didn't really expect the list of extras required.

New crown, bezel insert and crystal! Does anyone have experience with getting their Rolex serviced?

Do they tend to take the piss a bit or are these genuine requirements to service the watch?

Cheers

image.jpg

Wriggles

Have no experience of dealing with Rolex, but I expect they state it needs replacement to return to as new condition.

So the scratches and dings that you find are fine and acceptable, they see as being detrimental to the overall image the brand wants to portray and believe the watch shouldn't carry such marks normally.

I see these things as giving a watch character to be honest. But that might just be me.

If you're happy to keep these little marks I'd just tell them to carry out the service but forget the rest as you like it that way. They can't make you accept these, you're the customer and it would be very bad form to ignore your wishes

RUSH2112

Makes me appreciate the reps even more.

Kwt

I serviced my Rolex Datejust early this year from a local jewellers. The generally servicing of the Rolex is upwards of £300 generally since they need someone that can specially know how to time a Rolex. Anything else is generally extra. Judging from that letter it just purely cosmetic. If it didn't bother you before then I would leave it. When I got mine serviced, I asked for a refurb - they said the glass needs to be replaced (£60) which would make sense as it would look odd if the rest of the watch was restored but the watch glass was scruffy. Don't forget if you went to Rolex themselves, they will charge you infinitely a lot more but then you do go a certificate from them which if selling on in the future will help a lot.

Edited by Kwt

dvn

If you go with one of the member in the forum it would be much cheaper

narikaa

You need it explaining just how many 'Inches' are being worked up you by Mr Hamilton

Mechwarrior

i think you can get it serviced when is start not keep time..............and i think will need a lot of time before another cleaning session

myaz

You need it explaining just how many 'Inches' are being worked up you by Mr Hamilton

:giggle: does sound as you getting shafted.

I would decline the "added" services. They may insist on the glass stating the it might otherwise void the warranty on their work.