Sign in to follow this  
Pepi

Want to get a new chronograph watch

Pepi

But after going though Watch-International I'm confused as hell :nana:

What is a nice chronograph? Daytona, Seamaster,

Are the Asian movement pretty decent? I was wanting to only spend around 150.00 bucks. Just looking for some suggestions.

Thanks

:nana:

KBH

A good quality watch with working chrono functions is going to cost a little more than $150 unless you get one with quartz movement. They are mostly powered by 7750 movements and generally start at around $200 unless you catch good sale or find a used one. You can also find watches with faux chrono made with Asian 21j movements but they are mostly crappy reps.

AustinTech

Yeah, what KBH said.

$150 ain't enough for a decent chrono, not even in rep world.

JoeyB
Yeah, what KBH said.

$150 ain't enough for a decent chrono, not even in rep world.

For $129, or $99 if you become a VIP member for $25, you can get the new Omega Planet Ocean 'Liquid Steel', ceramic bezel. It is a quartz watch, which means it has functional chronos. It has seconds @ 9, and being a sub-dial, no one will see it tick more than 2 feet away.

Robert has other chronos too.

Prestigewatch

PO45CC.jpg

JohnG

What Joey said, but I think you would have to get even closer to see the tick of the second hand, and even then, how many people know it should have a sweeping hand? A few, but then, I don't try to pass my fakes off as gens, so if I take it off to show it someone, they already know it is a fake.

Baldrick

If you have a restricted budget, stay away from the Asian 7750s and definitely stay away from Daytona chronographs, as Joey pointed out there are lots of good quality cases (some exactly the same as the super reps} housing perfectly good and more reliable quartz movements available in your price range..

Gather a list of approved dealers, settle on which watch you want and then shop around to see who has the best deal, members will have their favourite dealer, but all are approved by the forums Mods and members. :rofl:

Ska

Great Advice from Baldrick and Joey there.

Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is probably the best for this kind of thing.

Just make sure you do your research first before contacting him. He's incredibly busy and doesn't have much patience for a million questions etc.....

Don't want to discourage you - he's brilliant - one of the best out there you just need to be direct and know what you want.

JohnG
PrestigeWatchCo... doesn't have much patience for a million questions etc.....

pwc.jpg