Sign in to follow this  
Corv99

IWC 3789 Doppel Top Gun 46mm

Corv99

Is there only one version of this bad boy?

from what I can see I think so.. but if anyone knows different, please shout up..

or if you have one, lets see it, and what are your thoughts?

cheers

e7d61aeaccefee99ccdcab3e29c5d186.jpg

Hazz

My thoughts are, go for it, and buy one for me also ;)

Corv99

My thoughts are, go for it, and buy one for me also ;)

cheers Hazz .. I'm on it ha ha!

this has been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, had a top gun and granted it was a cheap version, but felt cheap to be fair and I always wished it was bigger, as I love the design of this a lot.. never realised there was a big boy version!! think it will look awesome with Big Pilot strap as well, oh and some thinners on the TG logo of course..

Mirage

The Dopple Chrono is the 3799 ;) Great watch! I love mine. Probably the one that sees the most wrist time. Comfortable decent size, amazing dial and crystal. I love it!

CPtkhmG.jpg

cCXITCb.jpg

Edited by Mirage

Corv99

that is nice mate, any issues around day date... they always scare me a bit! ha!

Mirage

that is nice mate, any issues around day date... they always scare me a bit! ha!

You have to understand that a watch movement is like a car transmission with no clutch and no synchros to help you shifting. Try to engage reverse on your manual transmission car without being careful with the clutch.... crrrr crrrr crrrr......

Its the same thing with day/date mecanism. Make sure to perform date/day changes when time is at 6:00AM and be very gentle when turning the crown. Do not force if you feel any resistance.

I have a 3777 and a 3799 with day and date and never had an issue. Same thing applies for all 7750's Swiss or not.

Edited by Mirage

Corv99

You have to understand that a watch movement is like a car transmission with no clutch and no synchros to help you shifting. Try to engage reverse on your manual transmission car without being careful with the clutch.... crrrr crrrr crrrr......

Its the same thing with day/date mecanism. Make sure to perform date/day changes when time is at 6:00AM and be very gentle when turning the crown. Do not force if you feel any resistance.

I have a 3777 and a 3799 with day and date and never had an issue. Same thing applies for all 7750's Swiss or not.

must admit I tend to leave mine :lol: just in case.. only got one though.. but yes sound advice..

when did you get yours? and from where if you don't mind sharing... it looks like only one version if I'm right?

then people seem to mod the logo, AR although it looks good as is, and super lume it..

prb

Howdoes this wear relative to the big pilot? 46mm is pretty huge, butmight be okay since its blak

Mirage

You're right, I have only seen one version of the 3799. I got mine from Mary at Watchinternational last April. I wear it at night when I come back from the office and all day weekends. My favorite everyday watch right now.

AR is very nice from factory. It has a blue hue as per Gen. And yes... I need to modify my logo. ;)

Edited by Mirage

Mirage

Howdoes this wear relative to the big pilot? 46mm is pretty huge, butmight be okay since its blak

This wears MUCH smaller that the Big Pilot eventhough it is only 1 mm smaller in diameter. Much more comfortable that the BP as well.

graman

I really like this watch.... The only thing I can't get past is the Top Gun logo on the side.

Puts me off.

I used to love the doppel chrono spitfire, from about 5 years ago with the black dial.

It was about $15k in Oz..... But lovely.

Love this one too, but I just can't get past the logo.... I've been poisoned by the movie.

:Whistle:

Corv99

I really like this watch.... The only thing I can't get past is the Top Gun logo on the side.

Puts me off.

I used to love the doppel chrono spitfire, from about 5 years ago with the black dial.

It was about $15k in Oz..... But lovely.

Love this one too, but I just can't get past the logo.... I've been poisoned by the movie.

:Whistle:

yo G man!

yes agree, cloth and thinners will sort that right out..

malkie

How much would a gen alligator strap be worth for one of these? I have the chance to buy a second hand one, very good condition. The original receipt is for £320

However we are a long way off agreeing a price, I really haven't got a clue what its worth, so I would appreciate some input.

More than likely I will do a catch and release if I can get it for reasonable money.

Mirage

IWC Gen alligator usually go between 400-500 USD. Denpends on the model. I would not put alligator on a Top gun though. Unless you can find mat finish gator strap. This watch has a very dull finish which in my mind is really better served by a Cnavas/kevlar strap. Rep strap is actually very comfortable and nice for this model.

Corv99

thats a nice idea actually a matt finish pilot strap.. sure one of the strap guys on here could make one up..