Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

iPhone Panerai app - now available

greg_r
I would if it was humorous. I am, however, weary of EVERY mention of Apple getting jumped on by you two clowns. Enough is enough.

Enough is indeed enough. I am weary of EVERY mention I may make in an Apple thread however innocent getting jumped on by you. And I don't appreciate being called a clown. When you recover from your indigestion from lunch, perhaps a small apology might be an idea?

I am indeed sorry if you took offence at that particular word, it was not intended as an insult, but I am not going to apologise for the point made. And, incidentally, this is precisely the second time I have brought the subject up in this way. I've ignored many other occasions.

The problem is that every time someone mentions Apple, you two take it as an invitation to score points. Why, I really don't know, bu there it is. Once can be funny, but it's every bloody time. I really don't care what platform you guys use - I know 'em all, have developed for most of 'em and are at least as well aware of the advantages and disadvantages as you are. I don't even object to a little friendly rivalry - like your Rolex vs everything else, which amuses me immensely. Maybe you just don't see it, but every time someone mentions the 'A' word, there's a sarky comment from one or both of you.

I would feel the same way whatever the subject - the point is that at this rate it's gonna start discouraging people from even mentioning a new iPhone app on here. It's gotten past the stage of being amusing to anybody but you, so let's give the point scoring a rest, huh?

AustinTech

Thanks Kinky!

Brightlight

Greg I am sorry too, but I think you are way out of order on this, above and beyond even the approach RG admins/mods would take. Just as people have the right to speak out in favour of Apple, I also have the right to criticise. The fun in it is the reaction it engenders and what should be friendly rivalry. As you say I do the same thing with Rolex (I don't claim to have the patent on this by the way, Mattuss was doing it from the Pam point of view on RG long before I was) and it is exactly the same thing and is entirely intended to be humorous. I see it as friendly rivalry also between Apple and Android. What makes it different is the reaction from Apple "people", which you do not get with Panerai, Hublot, Omega, or whatever "people". As is said somewhere, check the mote in your own eye first. I have also developed on multiple platforms, currently iSeries and Windows and am also aware of the pros and cons of the different OS. Actually, even better than Apple was the IBM OS/2 now disappeared almost without trace on the rack of Windows. I therefore have no particular affinity to any particular OS. You must also understand that people are forever raving about new iPhone apps, something that neither Windows, Android, or any other OS Users do, despite the fact we also have thousands of apps, and new ones developed constantly. Baldrick simply pointed this out in his first post. You and others chose to take this as a personal insult.

So, let's put it this way - I don't want to fall out with you or anyone over this, and I will try and excercise restraint but as long as the Apple community continue to act like children who have a magic toy, and get very upset when the other children disagree, please expect people like myself to burst that bubble. I would also ask you to excercise restraint in your criticism of opposition to Apple, particularly as it simply reinforces stereotypes and makes things worse. I genuinely like this forum above the others but do not take kindly to intellectual censorship of any kind.

Ska
Serious no. Tedious yes. I'm sick and tired of every mention of an Apple product - even in passing - being jumped on by you and BL. Enough already. Fair enough if the topic invites it - I dislike fanbois as much as you two guys purport to - but Kinky was simply passing on a piece of info that I, for one, appreciate. Then you two idiots come and do your usual jackbooted nonsense. It's tiresome enough when some teenage haxor wannabe who doesn't know any better does it - it's kinda sad when someone who should know better plays the same game. It's one of those 'funny once' deals. First time you're a wit. Second time you're a half-wit. It goes downhill from there :rofl:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

My point exactly.

Its quite sad that it had to be explained by Greg at such great length for the billionth time.

Baldrick

Don't call me a clown, I'm not an Apple hater and as much as I might raise the subject of Windows, you're always there right behind like the cow's tail, telling everybody that you're an IT expert as tho you have the defining word on it, you're just as guilty of fomenting these discussions as anybody, but for some reason you've got your y's all bunched up about it tonite, if the OP had posted that some dealer or other had brought out an exclusive Panerai homage and I had pointed out that another dealer had it some time ago, you wouldn't be all piss and vinegar about it would ya, but because it's Apple you get on your high horse, I was having a laugh at Apple's latest press release about 'holding the phone a certain way', which if you consider it, is pretty hilarious.

I like Apple product, as I've said in other articles, I've had both Iphones, were they good products, absolutely, were they the best, absolutely not, is WinMo or HTC the best, absolutely not, I have a 60gb Ipod video and an Itouch 8gb are they the best, no way, not for me, they might be for others tho, I didn't set out to ridicule fanbois in my initial post, I made an observation that similar apps were available a while ago FREE on xda dev forums, I SPECIFICALLY said NO OFFENSE, offense WAS taken, ergo here we are.

One thing I won't have is being told if I can or cannot poke fun at an organisation like Apple or at it's product and I won't tolerate being called a clown just because I hold an opposing opinion to yours, just as I wouldn't call you a clown for buying or defending Apple product, even if I thought it, which I don't, I understand what Apple are about and commend them for what they've brought to the market, only a fool would fail to see that, but just as I'll have a laugh at MS famous BSOD, I'll laugh at ANY company or it's product if I choose.

You stated that in your experience the Iphone beat your Win 6.5 phone, I asked you to clarify it, you didn't, you went on a rampage, declaring "i'm weary", if you're that weary, take a holiday or do the mod job better by staying out if not needed, nobody was being called any names or being racially abused, it was simply jibes at Apple's latest folly.

I'm a guest in here, but I'll have less of the clown epithets, if you want me to leave your house, just say so!

EDITED TO ADD:

I'm not interested in 'scoring points' in a discussion about Apple, I could give a rat's ass who chooses which phone, for all I care the fanbois and windopes could shout at each other thru' two tin cans connected with twine, I raised the subject of the xda dev forums, simply because rather than start a new topic about it. I took a wild fukkin' stab in the dark that ANYBODY who is interested in phones or tech would take a look at this post, negating the need for me to raise another topic on the matter, NOT about pont scoring.

Even if you only have a wee cock, sorry a 3.5" screen :rofl: