Sign in to follow this  
RichardMiami

Baume et Mercier Hampton

RichardMiami

This is how I get into trouble......

I am with my wife in a local discount department store on Sunday.... TJ Maxx if you know it. I am bored to tears while she shops, so I go look at the watches on display. Guess, Fossil, Emporio Armani.... exactly what you would think to see at this store. Off to the side, in a white cream box, is a GEM...or at least I think so. I ask the girl to take it out and what do I see? A Baume et Mercier Hampton .. MOA 10047, sparkling and shiny.

The price is clearly low, so out comes my smartphone and I google it. hmmmmmmmmmm......... their price is $100 LESS than Jomashop. So now I am drooling. And I want to whip out the plastic... and my wife likes it as well..................

then the salesgirl tells me "Don't buy it today, wait until tomorrow. - if you are over 55, you get 10% discount on Mondays! And, if you take out a TJ Maxx credit card, you get another 10%"

OK.. "please put it aside until tomorrow" says I.

I don't mind sharing that the watch, which is MSRP at $3,550, has now cost me $1,199 (add back in sales tax @ 7% and you get $1,282 all in).

The watch is a very dressy, very art deco piece. The dial is off white, opaline. There is no shine like Mother of Pearl, and that is fine with me. The hands are blued.

It measures 32.29 mm across and wears beautifully on my 7.5" wrist. The watch is driven by a Swiss ETA 2895 at 28800 vph. It is interesting to see a smooth second hand sweep in a small seconds window! ;)

The case and bracelet are steel - brushed midlinks and polished outer links.

This watch will be worn on dressy occasions and/or visits to some of my more refined clients (not the retailers.. lol).

OK, enough talk, here are some pics:

758cc345c997067bc17da4441fe91729_zpsf49d4947.jpg

ef154c159d73fbb17785032a31da43d5_zpsdcd9dc07.jpg

328927e9463f70d32fe2b2d14598126d_zps301402cf.jpg

519e9b91156cb3d493dc34c1f08568a0_zpsf5e45388.jpg

394dd917e97116395f7c355ea75ca66b_zps86cb4567.jpg

seclark007

Nice piece, brother! Bring it with you to Milton. We can introduce it to my new Steinhart...arriving shortly ;)

simey83

That is a stunner mate! And a steal! Well done :thumbsup:

RichardMiami

Nice piece, brother! Bring it with you to Milton. We can introduce it to my new Steinhart...arriving shortly ;)

Thanks my friend... I will bring it! :D

onzenuub

Nice buy

Wriggles

Very very nice Richard, great find. Tj Maxx (or TK Maxx as they are over here) can be the source of a good bargain, but never for watches before that I've seen.

You just have to be there at the right time as the stock changes daily and really nice items rarely appear more than once.

HeavyKrush

Fantastic find Rich. Really a sharp watch mate. Wear it in good health.

964boy

What a deal, and a very, very nice watch indeed.

ENJOY

solkryssare

Simple and classic. Win!

Del

Great pick-up! :clap:

BentleySharp

Wow. Found at TJ Maxx! I never would have thought in a million years. Like you said, Fossil, Guess, and other unattractive low-brow wrist turds I would expect to see there. You found a great deal, sir. Congratulations and enjoy your new watch.

Wear it well :)

RichardMiami

Thank you all for the kind words! The watch is STUNNING (no comments from the peanut gallery please) and it will be worn well.

:D :D :D

conx

Beautiful

Not you, the watch :)

dalboy

Richard !!

You lucky beggar .!! .. can you pick me six numbers for Saturdays lottery . :lol: ..

Looks Gorgeous ..Wish you well to wear it.

fatarms
jpohl402

Looks nice, and great deal for sure.

Aren

Congrats Richard...I just admired this beauty in the wrist check.

Lovely... just ... stunning !!! :D

and you already wear it well

:)

Dr. Jimmy

Beautiful watch, congrats.

Aren

This is the deal of the year!

another note to self...must get to TJMaxx asap.

greg_r

I wonder if there's also a B&M Berkley Wick?

.... nah. Would have to be a Hublot...

:Whistle:

fatarms

It doesn't look bad on leather! Maybe I should order that one also?? ;)

Looks like you did well! This was $1059 yesterday when I posted it, but was a only a one day sale. I'm gonna have to go hunt at the two TJ Maxx stores by my house now... :D Congrats!

pfcdre

congrats Rich Baume&Mercier do great quality watches, one of my favourite companies, wear it well, mine says hi

IMG_1896_zpsbf56d013.jpg

Capeland S on sailcloth strap

RichardMiami

I wore my Hampton today and happened to stop into an AD who carries them. Since mine is gen, it is not taboo.. lol. Anyway, she sees the watch of course and walks me over to the B&M counter and we see the exact one so I ask her what their price is. It is marked at full $3,950. She gets out the calculator and tells me with some pride that their discount brings the watch down to $2,950!!!

She saw me wince.. so she asked me where I got it and what I paid. I made sure there were no other customers around, so as not to embarrass her. I gave her one last out.. "do you really want to know?" and she said yes. So I told her. It was her turn to gasp! She put the watch back in the counter and asked me if I was interested in an Omega... :D

(note: their Omegas are way overpriced as well... :rofl: )

Mike on a bike

May have to stop in my local TJ Maxx !

Wear in good health.