Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Cheapies deserve some love too.

Baldrick
103A.jpg195APWEMPESS3.jpgBREGUET16.jpgBREGUET0001.jpg215.jpg196CARTIERBIGDATE3.jpg121MONTBLANCCHRONOQUARTZBLACK3.jpg386MONTBLANCQUARTZCHRONOU-BOATORANG.jpg150ORISWILLIAMSF14.jpg327PANERAI1950A.jpg416PANERAICREAMIC64971.jpg

dingle
BREGUET0001.jpg

just curious BR---where did you get this for less than $150? what movement is in it?

recently received the white faced/blue hand version from Mary....no where near $150.00

Baldrick

That's an Asian 21j and it came originally from TTK, if you check the image properties, you'll see it was available 5 years ago, could be they've upgraded it to an Asian ETA mov't!

dingle
That's an Asian 21j and it came originally from TTK, if you check the image properties, you'll see it was available 5 years ago, could be they've upgraded it to an Asian ETA mov't!

could be. just making sure :D

Baldrick

I can vouch personally for it being 21j Asian, no cheating here DB :D

Baldrick

And of course let's not leave out the Rollie lovers, lots of stuff for them under $150 buxx, not leats the Noobmariner and it's derivatives, great value at the prices, we do indeed live in glorious times :D

I think the question we need to ask ourselves is, if we went to an ATM and took out $150.00 what could we buy at the local mall, anything near as good, I don't think so, but that's just my opinion !

2009LVSUBMARINER1.jpg[/img]438MAY2008ROLEXEXPLORERIIA.jpg439MAY2008ROLEXEXPLORERII2copy.jpg437MAY2008ROLEXBLACKBEZELGMT1.jpg426APR08ROLEXGMTMASTERIIE.jpg038ROLEXGMTGOLD2.jpg043ROLEXVINTAGEGMT1copy.jpg074ROLEXSUBMARINERWBM1.jpg074751.jpgSatMar06194456GMT2010.jpg

greg_r

amen, Baldrick! :D

Of course, this is just another excuse to see a few more of TTK's stunning photos :D

Baldrick

No Greg, no excuse needed, it's just great to see a discussion about getting back to basics and seeing what true VFM is, before certain dealers took it upon themselves to blow much of the HOBBY out of the reach of most, especially newcomers to the hobby.

And of course any GOOD forum should have a plethora of photos, I think most members come here looking for just that but that's JMHO !

EDITED TO ADD:

Let's not forget that we have a lot of members here also who take 'stunning' photos, then of course there are others 'general'ly speaking who can't :D

JoeyB

Hey greg_r, while at the mall I ran into this and went straight to the ATM to get the cash to buy it. I think it's a genuine, too!

whitewatchblack.jpg

pollux1

The photos are incredible from everyone, I for one am sick of obsessing over every little detail. Time to get a few cheaper ones, see what I like then get some more!

Baldrick

+1000

Dr Yan

Cheap is good.

So many watches so little time!

greg_r
Hey greg_r, while at the mall I ran into this and went straight to the ATM to get the cash to buy it. I think it's a genuine, too!

whitewatchblack.jpg

:D

:D

GC

whitewatchblack.jpg

you should have waited the G2 will be out in a month! :D

bigbossa

OMG !! some amazing watches! giving me ideas :D I think cheap n good brilliant .

speedzmaster

Sweet photos, everybody!

Cheap love is the best kind.

Del

This is such a great thread :) :). I just bought my first rep shown below for 68 British :damn_the_colonials: Pounds from Reg, and am waiting for number 2 to arrive from Lawrence any day now.... :P

P7132614.jpg

greg_r

Reg's Subs are always fantastic value :D

KinCaidk
Reg's Subs are always fantastic value :D

Can you believe that neither of us have owned one??

I like that LV!

greg_r
First off... HOLY FCUK'n SHIT MATE!!!! That photo is PHENOMENAL!!! You sir... have been holding out on us!!!

miniegi_2_1407210.jpg

Great praise indeed coming from you, GC. Thanks mate!

Was giving my 'new' (used) camera a bit of a workout :D

Silverspeed

Great thread......

here are my cheapies

IMG_3642kopie.jpg

IMG_2004kopie.jpg

IMG_2501kopie.jpg

IMG_3896kopie.jpg

Baldrick

Hey you got a 'new' camera, well we'll be expecting some more good stuff from you now, perhaps with less bokeh :D

greg_r
Hey you got a 'new' camera, well we'll be expecting some more good stuff from you now, perhaps with less bokeh ;)

:D Depends on whether I can overcome the usual waves of apathy ;)

As for bokeh, well, it has its place.... :D

Baldrick

Apathy, now that's something I know about, I really should get off my arse and shoot some new stuff, achh, I'll do it tomorrow, :D

bokeh defo has it's place, and I know 'art' ( which is what I think we see from members here) is very personal, I'm old school, I like the old masters and simply prefer great DOF and sharpness particularly in watch photos JMO.

Silverspeed
Apathy, now that's something I know about, I really should get off my arse and shoot some new stuff, achh, I'll do it tomorrow, :D

bokeh defo has it's place, and I know 'art' ( which is what I think we see from members here) is very personal, I'm old school, I like the old masters and simply prefer great DOF and sharpness particularly in watch photos JMO.

Well your pics are without a doubt the best we've seen on these boards....jsut think of how many

members have taken up (or at least tried) photography due to your pics...I know I have