Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

DC's collection - Patek, Rolex and a hint of Audemars!

_DC_

It's still a fairly modest collection but I'm quite pleased with the pieces I own, I have a few in transit that will make me happier though! More on that later!!

Here they are:

7BF0AA21-D8E6-450E-AFE1-EA1CF3DD4DC4_zpsxyvqmla4.jpg

So from top left to bottom right:

B73839C9-3331-477F-857B-19563C74D4E3_zpsep7ux4jq.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400st - One of the finest finished reps I've ever seen, it's stunning. It doesn't get much wrist time as it's a little flashy for work and almost too classy for casual, but it's a piece I always wanted to own so I'm glad I do!

7883A5B7-E76A-4ED0-B91B-C1472B76BBF0_zps9mjssqv3.jpg

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167 - One of my most worn reps, partly because it's both casual and classic, but mostly because it's the most comfortable watch in my collection by far!

08463367-94ED-4040-A6AF-63CF52C35C68_zpsky5cat01.jpg

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 - Not much that needs saying here, you can't be a Patek fan and not own a Nautilus, and the SW200 is as good as it gets this side of a gen!

5D8CD368-0AF9-4072-A8B8-29BD30236F15_zpsjhj8xuxe.jpg

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5726 Annual Calendar - The newest in my collection, and also one of the cheapest, it may only have a 21j movement but the quality is surprisingly good and the moonphase on white dial is a visually pleasing combo, the bracelet lets it down but it's still fun to wear and a nice change from the standard Nauti.

59D9C342-9C6A-4A68-B69A-D564F3DC7756_zpsa39dtgjc.jpg

Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic - A great little M2M trade here, for those days when a Submariner isn't quite flash enough, the polished centre links and 24 hour bezel are just the right amount of bling, and a GMT hand is a nice complication on any watch!

29267D38-834A-4C44-9DE5-1C1B93E15DA5_zpsjsvifj2n.jpg

Rolex Submariner 116610 - This is a 21j I picked up on M2M but it's by far the most solid feeling reliable piece in my collection. Just goes to show if you keep it simple you don't have to spend a fortune to get a great rep!

879DC9B1-7764-493F-946B-75CBEDC9F4ED_zps4bj8tcct.jpg

Rolex Daytona 6265 - Until my new purchases arrive this is my only chronograph, but it's super reliable (think it's a seagul movement but don't quote me on that) and at 37mm it's a nice small size which I love (42 is big for me). The Daytona is a legendary watch and had to have one!

32D6C0CF-1912-49DA-B99C-1C4C2AF6B3A4_zpsbgxgrbi4.jpg

Finally my first rep, bought for me by the Missus (so in a way this is all her fault, right?) a Rolex DateJust with "tuxedo" dial. A lovely 36mm dresswatch, perfect with a suit or dinner jacket, and the fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet have a nice sparkle to them, pure class!

So like all true rep addicts, I've got a few in transit, both are chronographs but very different chronographs. The newly released Patek Philippe 5980 Nautilus Chronograph rep because, well it's my favourite watch in the world so had to have it now there's finally a decent rep. Then I really wanted a dress watch, and have always wanted one with a lemania or ST-19 movement with display back so I can see it all working. Finally settled on an A. Lange & Sohne Datograph, so that's on it's way too!

Hope you all like my collection, not that it matters, but opinions welcome, or perhaps suggestions for future purchases, lol?

DC

nyckid

You see, if I bring down my collection to the number I have in mind, this is what I want it to look like.

Good job DC in putting a very solid and nice collection together :clap:

AndyBlue

Great collection mate!

taxi-drive-clap.gif

Stuvetjee

what a great colletion there! :)

Mr. Genesis

A beautiful and prestigious collection! :notworthy:

Libertatia

A humble collection some could argue................

_DC_
A beautiful and prestigious collection! :notworthy:

Thanks Mr G, it's already changed though, hopefully for the better! Two have gone (the 5726 and the GMT) one has arrived (5980 black dial) and two on order (5980 blue dial and 5119 white gold)!

DC

nygiants

Nice collection. I've got the AP 15300 (black dial), PP Aquanaut 5167 and a no-date sub, so, very similar tastes. May I suggest the AP Diver. Looks like it would fit well w/ your pension for SS, Black faced, haute couture time pieces.

baxter

That's a really nice selection that makes sense together ... they're different but shows your personal taste ....i'd wear any one of those - Bravo DC :thumbsup:

Be very interested to hear your thoughts on the nautilus chrono when it arrives.

BentleySharp

You see, if I bring down my collection to the number I have in mind, this is what I want it to look like.

Good job DC in putting a very solid and nice collection together :clap:

If you do that Nyc, You already know whose had an eye on your gold Calatrava ;)

Soldie

Lately I have been pleased to see that there have been collections that have classic understated watches. The Pateks are just great. Wondering if I need another besides the blue dial. I am wavering about the Royal Oak. impressive. Nicely done.

Pseudonym

A humble but exquisite collection mate. Pure class.

_DC_
That's a really nice selection that makes sense together ... they're different but shows your personal taste ....i'd wear any one of those - Bravo DC :thumbsup:

Be very interested to hear your thoughts on the nautilus chrono when it arrives.

I did a full review already with tonnes of pics and info on the gen, see here....

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=69525&hl=&fromsearch=1

You should pay more attention Jez :P

DC

baxter

I did a full review already with tonnes of pics and info on the gen, see here....

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

You should pay more attention Jez :P

DC

It's a common failing of mine mate :D

_DC_
Nice collection!

Where did you buy the Patek Philippe Nautilus 5726 Annual Calendar? and how much was it?

That came from Kuvarsit, they don't offer it on their website in this colour configuration but they had it lying about their office so I bought it, it's since been sold to Pseudonym and then to Fuzzy I believe who still has it!

I wish they'd makes better 5726 rep, the gen is one of my all time favourite watches!!

Most of these pieces have now left my collection, I'll do a new thread when my incoming purchase arrives!!

DC