Sign in to follow this  
gtwc

yet another newbie from the UK.........Intro & Questions

gtwc

Hello one & all,

I have been searching for a good quality replica (more on that later) for some time, and all the research makes my head spin !!

I printed out a 31 page 'scam dealers list' from www.rolex-replica-scams.com (unfortunately not in aplhabetical order, so it makes cross-referencing a nightmare) but find that one mans scammer is anothers favourite / most trusted dealer. AAAggh!!!

Luckily dear ol' Google pointed me in your direction, so I signed up yesterday. I have been in love with watches for some 40 years, ever since I used to sit in jewellers shops in Singapore in the late '60s and they would let me wind the Pateks just to appreciate the smoothness. At the time, one of the Patek advertising / selling points was that the rotor alone used to cost more than the average swiss automatic.......

Anyway, I am now looking for a replica. I figure out my 1st point of call will be to Mary (as having looked at this site for the last 24 hrs, she seems to be very well respected & trustworthy) and will eventually (when I make up my mind) email with a list of possible requests.

FYI I own 2 Seiko Monsters (genuine!!, 1 x black and the other the Blue Limited Ed from Thailand), A Glycine Incursore (Unitas 6497 with Californai dial) and a vintage Eterna-Matic Centennaire 61 which was recently refurbed by Eterna at a cost of nearly £250.

Rep watches that interest me include : one of the Zenith Defy Extreme range, Hublot King Power Black, Ulsse Nardin (does anyone do a good copy of the Freak?) Maxi-Marine in black, Rolex SeaDweller Deepsea and Bell & Ross Airborne (luminous skull on dial), Corum Bubble & Admirals Cup and of course, a really good Aquanaut or Nautilus from PP.

Any recommendations apart from Mary concering the specific models above.

Finally, an open question to any UK members: Have any of you experienced any difficulty with customs in having the watches sent to you?

Thanks for listening (well reading) and I look forward to really getting to know & enjoy this site.

bst rgds / rod

ps: how do I use the emoticons?

pollux1

Hi Rod, welcome mate. I'm in the UK too, never had a problem with customs but was hit once for import duty, on a bloody watch that had been sent for service to Canada of all things! I know the Seadweller deepsea Mary has is extremely well liked, and the Admiral's cup is a nice watch too, I know there was a top notch Aquanaut and Nautilus out a year or so back from MBW ( famed factory in Thailand apparently ) I would ask Narikaa about those.

As for the rest sorry I can't be of more help, all I can say is read read read!

greg_r

You'll be safe with any of our forum dealers, mate. Welcome to RWG!

GC

First off WELCOME to the insanity!!!

Second, you made a good choice with Mary, she is always a great starting point for thoses new to the game due to her patience and customer service. BTW... here is her site www.watch-international.com you will find 99% if not 100% of the watches you are looking for there.

From what I've read UK customs is quite lax, you should have no problems.

Lastly... on "how do I use the emotions?"... well if you are anything like my GF, you will use them to get what you want :D

all the best always

GC

dingle
Hi Rod, welcome mate. I'm in the UK too, never had a problem with customs but was hit once for import duty, on a bloody watch that had been sent for service to Canada of all things! I know the Seadweller deepsea Mary has is extremely well liked, and the Admiral's cup is a nice watch too, I know there was a top notch Aquanaut and Nautilus out a year or so back from MBW ( famed factory in Thailand apparently ) I would ask Narikaa about those.

+1 to what pollux said

emoticons---you can either type them in IE: colonlolcolon = :D

or use the drop down menu and choose.....or last resort, choose "show all" on the left of your screen and choose from there. the last method takes the longest.

and welcome to the nuthouse! :D

gtwc

+1 to what pollux said

emoticons---you can either type them in IE: colonlolcolon = :D

or use the drop down menu and choose.....or last resort, choose "show all" on the left of your screen and choose from there. the last method takes the longest.

and welcome to the nuthouse! :D

gtwc

gtwc

Help !!!

I'm trying to say 'thank you' to everyone who has graciously relpied, but all I seem to be doing is repeating messages.

I'm sorry.

Please help...............

dingle

issues with the board Rod?

if you want to reply to a quote choose "reply" the type under where the person originally posted. Be sure not to change any of the "quoted text" from the original or you may bugger it up :D

If you want to add a reply without the quote choose "fast reply, or add reply" :D

skintrade

Hi and welcome m8

barkingtoad

Welcome

gtwc

issues with the board Rod?

if you want to reply to a quote choose "reply" the type under where the person originally posted. Be sure not to change any of the "quoted text" from the original or you may bugger it up :D

If you want to add a reply without the quote choose "fast reply, or add reply" :D

Dingleberry,

thanks v. much - your help is much appreciated !

rgds / rod

gtwc

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

Sorry to have buggered about trying to answer earlier, but Dingleberry has now steered me onto the right track.

dingle
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

Sorry to have buggered about trying to answer earlier, but Dingleberry has now steered me onto the right track.

you are welcome. Let me know if you need any more help. :D

Fiddo

Hello! :lol:

Welcome!

snacksteve

found a pretty good vid showing the difference here in case any other newbs are interested..

onionbag

Hello and welcome, necroposter. :)

:mummy:

jeffw69

What the motherfuckin FUCK?????

RichardMiami

Monty010

Welcome to the forum. Get ready to spend a fortune :lol:

snacksteve

Cheers guys, it's scarily addictive already :-)

BadPickle

Huh???? How fuckin old???

jeffw69
Huh???? How fuckin old???

Almost 3 years, you can thank snacksteve.